Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

The difference is that Dracula Untold wasn't Murdys choice, Guillermo Del Toro is a big name with GP draw, and Insidious had 2 successful mazes before 2017. Creepshow on shudder has no big name that the general public know, and has never appeared at the event before, and theres no reason universal would force him to do it.
Also, the only reason they did Ash Vs Evil Dead, is because Evil Dead was a huge name back in the speculation days. I don't recall people talking about creepshow alot back than.

I mean well the thing is it's possible Stephen King and WB just didn't let him do the original. I'm pretty sure since King made the film he would have creative control on whether or not it can appear at the event versus something where he isn't as involved in like Kubrick's The Shining.

Versus AMC and Greg Nicotero owns the new one and King is not as much involved so it would be much easier to obtain the rights.
I think King pretty much relinquished his connection to the entire Creepshow franchise after the original, or at the very least isn't protective of it, judging by the fact that he has allowed two sequels and a tv series to be made without his supervision, so I think it would be much more of WB's and maybe the Romero estate's choice than it would be King's.

not holding my breath anymore on this being the original. Everything seems to be pointing to the series which feels a little obscure... which i guess is a good thing? Depending how good Creepshow does/ is I'd love to see more obscure properties (i.e. the A24 films) and hopefully paves the way for the likes of Twin Peaks

not holding my breath anymore on this being the original. Everything seems to be pointing to the series which feels a little obscure... which i guess is a good thing? Depending how good Creepshow does/ is I'd love to see more obscure properties (i.e. the A24 films) and hopefully paves the way for the likes of Twin Peaks
So like, it's all good as long as we get Twin Peaks in a few years?

I guess if some day we could get anything David Lynch, I'd take a couple lukewarm TV adaptations of cult films.

I barely even care what it is anymore, as long as i still got my Stranger Things, Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man, Us, and Ghostbusters, i don't mind.

Honestly I feel like Creepshow is in the same boat as FDTD, where both versions are both… lesser known and could be used interchangeably. While the Creepshow movie has better color designs IMO, the TV show’s trailer has some pretty cool looking monsters.

Honestly I feel like Creepshow is in the same boat as FDTD, where both versions are both… lesser known and could be used interchangeably. While the Creepshow movie has better color designs IMO, the TV show’s trailer has some pretty cool looking monsters.
Another thing too is as much as I love the original Creepshow. I would assume there would be a really high chance it could be TrT 2.0 with scene > rows of black walls > scene > rows of black walls.

Typically TV Show mazes aren't bad aside from 2014 TWD and 2017 AVED they usually end up okay - Pretty great. So I would much rather see a Great Creepshow TV Show maze than a Poor Original Creepshow maze.

Another thing too is as much as I love the original Creepshow. I would assume there would be a really high chance it could be TrT 2.0 with scene > rows of black walls > scene > rows of black walls.

Typically TV Show mazes aren't bad aside from 2014 TWD and 2017 AVED they usually end up okay - Pretty great. So I would much rather see a Great Creepshow TV Show maze than a Poor Original Creepshow maze.

This exactly. Plus, with 12 episodes there’s loads of content so that you don’t really have to expand the maze to fit a length. I think what’ll happen with Creepshow is that we’ll go scene-> Blackout Scare -> Black Wall w/ Comic Book Cover -> Next Story until we get to the finale.

The Witcher series looks quite interesting. If there are a lot of monsters used in the show, I'd like to see them try it.

Would prefer the game too (Blood and Wine most preferably), but very unlikley.

I don't wanna sound like the old grouch shouting from the porch, but I'm gonna wait until the facade shapes up more before I jump to conclusions about which version of Creepshow is coming. I will say that what they have so far will probably not support a whole story on top - it needs more structural support before it does that - so I think the facade will stay that height, barring maybe a bit of roofing. I could be wrong, but it's a gut feeling, and I don't think they'd build the dollhouse that low to start with, if it was what they were going with.

It could be another scene from the show, but for now, given the way they're building the facade (and also noting there doesn't appear to be a doorway into the actual tent built into what they have right now, so that rules out the facade doubling as the opening room of the house), I'm gonna say it's some kind of indoor scene or tableau that you look into, like maybe you're looking in through a window into someone's bedroom.

I don't wanna sound like the old grouch shouting from the porch, but I'm gonna wait until the facade shapes up more before I jump to conclusions about which version of Creepshow is coming.
I’m also wondering just a little bit if Creepshow was scrapped and this is something else entirely. As an LA exclusive, it wouldn’t cause a lot of downstream issues if they switched it up.

I’m also wondering just a little bit if Creepshow was scrapped and this is something else entirely. As an LA exclusive, it wouldn’t cause a lot of downstream issues if they switched it up.

I think we're way too far down the vine to suddenly scrap things without leaker twitter exploding over it. It could be that it was originally Creepshow original and became Creepshow TV after the rights holders requested it, like how Evil Dead 2 became Ash v. Evil Dead, but I think it is some variation of Creepshow, if only because it seems nigh impossible for Uni to change that without it getting out.

If it's Creepshow, this line-up kinda bums me out.
It's a very strange year when Stranger Things and Us are the two most current IPs at this event that I'm most excited about.

I still think there’s a chance Creepshow could be the original, however I’m leaning towards the show. I’m 99% convinced though that the facade will be a comic book, but it could also be this(as in the TV with the Creepshow logo):

54E588F4-9026-4BFA-ADC8-C7F8ACF53C45.jpeg

Or potentially one of these from the trailer:

7B12E246-9637-4DF7-82FF-87BC4FBFBA74.png

If Murdy really doesn't want to, he'll be harassed into doing it. I'm sure Aiello will leverage the low-blow we always use against Murdy when he doesn't want to do a highly-requested property: "You'll do TitE, but you won't do Killer Klowns or Hill House?" Also, imagine the blowback Murdy would get if Orlando announced Hill House but Murdy was like, "Nah, didn't want to do it because it's not popular enough/not scary enough," (etc.)
I don't think this is accurate to the type of person Mike is or the type of relationship the two them have with each other.