Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Here we go again...

Yep. I'm not looking forward to doing this again, so I'm gonna say this one more time...

Unless something radically changes with the rights for the original Halloween franchise (that includes the original film, its latest 2018 sequel, and derivative works from those two films), we will not be seeing it at Halloween Horror Nights. There are immovable roadblocks. It isn't going to happen. Nope. It's not happening.

We can get Halloween II (and therefore use Michael Myers in some capacity), but that's it.

Hey everyone,

Can I just ask what source says ‘House of 1000 corpses’ is going to be one of the houses this year?

*Points to Legacy*
Also, HHN Hollywood (whom accidentally leaked THREE houses this year), did leak HoTC in the audition video they posted (and deleted) on Twitter. The character of Otis was one of the pictures on the infamous table.

Yep. I'm not looking forward to doing this again, so I'm gonna say this one more time...

Unless something radically changes with the rights for the original Halloween franchise (that includes the original film, its latest 2018 sequel, and derivative works from those two films), we will not be seeing it at Halloween Horror Nights. There are immovable roadblocks. It isn't going to happen. Nope. It's not happening.

We can get Halloween II (and therefore use Michael Myers in some capacity), but that's it.

Jesus. A guy just tries to drop some news, and the whole place freaks out. Sorry. I'll go back to my corner.

Can’t wait for Halloween 5 next year!

I honestly don’t see them returning to Halloween until Lantern gets total control of H20-Rob Zombie’s from the Weinstein’s. But that’s a topic for a future year

Obviously this wouldn’t be a “this year” thing at this point, but...Walking Dead movies are coming...and they will be distributed by Universal Pictures.

Guessing the IPs next year will be:

ST mashup
TWD mashup
Halloween 5
Invisible Man
Frankenstein Meets Wolfman

I’m probably wrong of course.
I won't be surprised if The Thing appears as the classic I.P. besides, it was very popular with tons of fans back in 2007.