Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

i'm hearing this is exactly what will happen

giphy.gif

I knew this wasn't true. That's why I asked early about a source. Besides Screamscape, I can't find this story anywhere on the internet that it was going to reopen.

Actually, I believe I posted somewhere in this very thread, that as of maybe 6-8 months ago, management said they intended to reopen it at the park. There was a coaster event of some kind where management took Q&A and was asked about this directly, and that was their reply. This was prior to the La Ronde rumor.

Obviously, they have come to their senses and changed their mind. But for a while, they were claiming it was going to reopen in the park.

The biggest mystery right now is what will SFMM do for 2020? Especially since they'll be readying this ride all the way up to, and past announcement day.

The rumors are record breaking Star Flyer, but I have a hard time thinking that will happen after what happened with Windseeker at Knotts.

I don’t feel comfortable giving too many specific details, but I have heard things about their food department. It’s very troubling. Let’s just say that their upkeep in their restaurants would raise some concerns with the health department.

I’ve never been hot to eat at SFMM just because of their outrageous prices, but McDonald’s is a beyond excellent value compared to SFMM. At least you’re not usually going to find a rat in there or have no AC, or have a backed up sewage drain close to cooking equipment.

So yeah, I would highly HIGHLY recommend you don’t eat at SFMM. At all. Ever. Don’t even think about it.

Generally, I try not to eat at any Six Flags park, period. We actually left Discovery Kingdom in the middle of the day to get lunch elsewhere.

And I don't really spend full days at Magic Mountain anymore, so I grab food usually near the Valencia Mall (Pei Wei, Presto Pasta, Chop Shop, Zanku) or off Lyons (Mod Pizza, Pick Up Stix).

Last edited:
^That's been confirmed for a while.

A long time ago, management teased that they'd have a new system for riders to store personal items. This was well before Yukon Striker showed their system... will WCR be getting something similar?

I don’t feel comfortable giving too many specific details, but I have heard things about their food department. It’s very troubling. Let’s just say that their upkeep in their restaurants would raise some concerns with the health department.

I’ve never been hot to eat at SFMM just because of their outrageous prices, but McDonald’s is a beyond excellent value compared to SFMM. At least you’re not usually going to find a rat in there or have no AC, or have a backed up sewage drain close to cooking equipment.

So yeah, I would highly HIGHLY recommend you don’t eat at SFMM. At all. Ever. Don’t even think about it.
I ate at the one in Georgia three weeks ago and I'm still paying for it. Deplorable.

Never eat any theme park food from Six Flags. Full stop. Cedar Fair, SeaWorld Entertainment, Universal, and Disney all have decent food but Six Flags food is trash. Six Flags is just terrible in general, if you ask me.

I will admit I am excited about a new Member Lounge with refilling stations, phone chargers, and plush seating (as reported by Coaster Kings). Hopefully it won't get trashed too much, lol. But even since Orlando announced an AP lounge, I don't know why we don't have one in Hollywood. Interesting that SFMM will be them to it on that front.

Not to mention completely new bathrooms... rather than just renovate the bathrooms that were there, they tore down the old building and are building new ones from the ground up. The bathrooms by Goldrusher/Scrambler were redone (I'm pretty sure it was that one), and are surprisingly nice for Six Flags--and that was just a renovation.

As soon as they do that for the ones just inside the main entrance, near the carousel, and entrance plaza bathrooms, the park will almost become respectable. :grin: