Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Feb 9, 2019
Some positive reaction out of the footage released at CinemaCon earlier today. Hopefully this is (finally) the true follow up to T2 :wave:

‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ First Footage Earns Raves for Linda Hamilton | IndieWire

After striking out hard with critics and at the box office with “Terminator Genisys” in summer 2015, Paramount Pictures is resetting the beloved action franchise with the upcoming “Terminator: Dark Fate.” Original franchise director James Cameron is producing the movie and worked closely with filmmaker Tim Miller (“Deadpool”) to relaunch the franchise with “Dark Fate,” which will serve as a direct sequel to Cameron’s “The Terminator” and “Terminator 2: Judgment Day.” Paramount used its CinemaCon presentation to launch the first trailer for “Dark Fate,” and it left a lasting impression on the press.

Appearing onstage, Miller said there are still months left of VFX work needed to complete the movie and therefore the footage screening at CinemaCon was not final. Paramount showed off two clips from the movie and a reel. The first clips prominently featured Mackenzie Davis, who is seen time traveling and landing in Mexico City and fighting police in the first one. The second clip found Hamilton interrupting a fight between Davis’ character and two Terminators. Hamilton’s Sarah Connor is seen firing off a bazooka and saying, “I’ll be back.” The line prompted a huge reaction from the audience.

“Terminator: Dark Fate” stars Mackenzie Davis and Natalia Reyes, but the film’s biggest selling point is the reunion between original “Terminator” stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Hamilton. The latter’s portrayal of Sarah Connor in “The Terminator” and “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” is iconic and now the character is returning for the first time with Hamilton in her shoes in decades.

Paramount Pictures will release “Terminator: Dark Fate” in theaters nationwide November 1. Check out first reaction footage below.

TERMINATOR footage features a fully nude Mackenzie Davis time-travel landing in Mexico City and beating the poop out of a couple of cops. This is precisely as awesome as it sounds.

— Scott Wampler™ @ CinemaCon (@ScottWamplerBMD) April 4, 2019

Just got a look at multiple sequences from #TerminatorDarkFate, including Sarah Connor stepping out of a jeep with a bazooka and blowing up two Terminators, before turning and saying, “I’ll be back.” Film looks bonkers badass. Arnold on stage with cast now#CinemaCon pic.twitter.com/qp8D4dbDL5

— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) April 4, 2019

Um I got a little emotional watching the TERMINATOR DARK FATE footage. Thankfully director Tim Miller also was in tears showing it off. I think TERMINATOR could be back? Sorry, had to do it. #cinemacon

— Josh Horowitz (@joshuahorowitz) April 4, 2019

Linda Hamilton looks badass but…ok? Feels same old, same old. I may be the only person who thought Terminator Salvation was a good movie. #CinemaCon

— Gregory Ellwood – Playlist (@TheGregoryE) April 4, 2019

“I’ll be back,” says Sarah Conner after blowing away the new Terminator who splits into two as his new power. Just saw a few minutes from Dark Fate and it’s pretty slick. It looks very different but extremely cool. #Cinemacon

— Germain Lussier (@GermainLussier) April 4, 2019

Look, y’all, I was very doubtful about the need for another TERMINATOR, but that footage fucking owned. Direct sequel to T2, apparently ignores the others.

— Scott Wampler™ @ CinemaCon (@ScottWamplerBMD) April 4, 2019

In the TERMINATOR: DARK FATE footage, a bunch of Terminators are attacking people, then Linda Hamilton shows up with a bazooka, blows them all up, then says, “I’ll be back.”

— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) April 4, 2019​

It’s great to see Linda Hamilton’s Sarah Connor back in action and she is, INDEED, back in action. We saw a short scene where she arrives to save the day in typical badass Sarah Connor fashion, wielding multiple weapons. #TerminatorDarkFate #CinemaCon

— JoBlo.com (@joblocom) April 4, 2019​
Some newly released stills from CinemaCon (via IMDb)

MV5BYTE4ZDcxNDMtMmMyNS00YTczLTgzMTEtODkxMTQwZWRlMDA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

MV5BMDU4ZWVjM2MtMWQxYS00YzAwLWJlY2EtZjNlNzNiM2Q3MGI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

MV5BODg4Njg1NDUtMDM2Ni00ZjhhLTkyOTctODc2YzE0OGM0YzE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

MV5BMGIzZjNkMjEtN2M3MC00MDJiLTgwOTUtYWRjMzNmMjZlMTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

MV5BOTRjNTA1NzAtZDVlZi00ZTg3LWExNDItNDhmMzZmN2NkMTRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

MV5BZTM5ZTlhZDctMTJmYy00MDc4LThiOTUtOGRiOGYwZjg3MjRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

Linda Hamilton: Latest ‘Terminator’ Films Were ‘Very Forgettable’ – Variety

Linda Hamilton has no problem saying hasta la vista to the last three “Terminator” films.

“They’re very forgettable, aren’t they?” she said to Variety‘s Marc Malkin at CinemaCon on Thursday.

Hamilton helped promote “Terminator: Dark Fate,” the sixth entry in the franchise and her return to the series after more than 25 years. She originated the role of Sarah Connor in “The Terminator” in 1984 and reprised it in “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” in 1991, but has since only lent her voice to the franchise for “Terminator: Salvation” in 2009. While “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines,” “Salvation” and “Terminator: Genisys” averaged $275 million at the overseas box office, they were largely ignored by U.S. auds and panned by critics.

“You start something and you’re invested in the franchise, but somehow the characters that you care about weren’t there. Too many people, too many story points. So I think we’ve done a good job of narrowing down the focus again so it will echo the first two films,” she said.

She also revealed she hesitated at first to return to the series.

“I gave it probably six weeks of intense thinking and consideration before deciding to do it. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to. I didn’t want it to look like a shameless money grab,” she said. “I am living this quiet, lovely life that doesn’t involve being a celebrity, and you really have to think, do I really want to trade that in again for another 15 minutes?”

Even though Hamilton said the script wasn’t finished when she signed on, she said seeing how the characters had changed over time in the new storyline ultimately drew her in. “Dark Fate” serves as a direct sequel to the two original “Terminator” flicks, disregarding the confusing timelines created in the three middle entries and spinoff series.

As for appearing in future “Terminator” entries, Hamilton has a plan, saying. “I’m going to fake my own death so I don’t have to do another one.”

Last edited:
Guessing we'll see a trailer either by Endgame, or King of The Monsters.

That said, I have loved what Miller has done so-far, and this is on my list of intrigue.

Guessing we'll see a trailer either by Endgame, or King of The Monsters.

That said, I have loved what Miller has done so-far, and this is on my list of intrigue.
Endgame makes the most sense if they want to get the most exposure, especially since Disney is distributing the movie internationally (Paramount domestically).

Saw the new Terminator: Dark Fate featurette, and it looks like a game changer for the film industry. I predict this film could have “Titanic” level word of mouth and may gross around 1 Billion Dollars worldwide. In a time when mankind and society are divided, this film could be bring all of us together. By the way, Edward Furlong is back as John Connor. It would be too bad if Universal missed this opportunity...

Saw the new Terminator: Dark Fate featurette, and it looks like a game changer for the film industry. I predict this film could have “Titanic” level word of mouth and may gross around 1 Billion Dollars worldwide. In a time when mankind and society are divided, this film could be bring all of us together. By the way, Edward Furlong is back as John Connor. It would be too bad if Universal missed this opportunity...
There’s literally no way this movie will gross $1B. It’s not gonna happen. $500M? Maybe. But not $1B.

Saw the new Terminator: Dark Fate featurette, and it looks like a game changer for the film industry. I predict this film could have “Titanic” level word of mouth and may gross around 1 Billion Dollars worldwide...
I want to believe this.

But I know in my heart it’s not going to be the case.

Have we watched the same things? It looks like a movie in the fast and furious series, but no chance of making as much.

Nope, it’s going to be another ruined franchise because of political correctness and a mindless cash grab. Uni did right in getting rid of the Terminator IP. As for replacing it with Bourne is debatable. I honestly, can’t tell if your comment was sarcastic or not.

I'm still on the fence about Dark Fate.. and it really could go either way in terms of being successful. Terminator has boundless potential for themed attractions, and it would have been really great to see T2: 3D overhauled to incorporate the newer film as well as staying true to the first two. I don't think that's likely to happen, so I hope Bourne will be a worthy replacement.