Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Marvel Studios has found it's director for their titular, Asian led film: Shang-Chi.

Marvel's 'Shang-Chi' Sets Director Destin Daniel Cretton | Hollywood Reporter

Daniel Cretton (The Glass Castle, Short Term 12, Just Mercy) will be helming the film; with WW84's screenwritter Dave Callaham will pen the script.

Shang-Chi, in the comics; was often called the Master of Kung-Fu; and has been with the likes of the Secret Avengers/Avengers, Heroes for Hire, MI-6, and more.

No release date has been set.

Wasn't expecting a trailer/teaser this early when they are still focused on FatWS, Loki, and Black Widow, but we're about 5 months out and more than anything, I think they want this to play in front of Mortal Kombat next week.

The fight choreography looks better than the story going off the trailer alone, but I'm just excited for the prospect of being able to see this in a theater, I'll see it opening weekend regardless. I'm sure they'll do a decent job of world building this new aspect of the MCU.

The fight choreography looks better than the story going off the trailer alone, but I'm just excited for the prospect of being able to see this in a theater, I'll see it opening weekend regardless. I'm sure they'll do a decent job of world building this new aspect of the MCU.
I think this trailer was meant to showcase the fight choreography over story. Like I said, this trailer screams to me like it was made to play in front of Mortal Kombat. We'll probably get a story trailer that will play ahead of Black Widow.

I think this trailer was meant to showcase the fight choreography over story. Like I said, this trailer screams to me like it was made to play in front of Mortal Kombat. We'll probably get a story trailer that will play ahead of Black Widow.
Yeah traditional Marvel teasers in the past have never revealed much plot wise.

I had no clue he was related to the black rings like that

Even more interested now after seeing the trailer...its so nice to see "new" heroes that hopefully can get their own MCU shows as well to show them off more than just a 2 hour movie can

I had no clue he was related to the black rings like that

Even more interested now after seeing the trailer...its so nice to see "new" heroes that hopefully can get their own MCU shows as well to show them off more than just a 2 hour movie can
Transitioning back to 2-2.5 hour movies will definitely be a bit weird now that we’ll be used to these 6 hour 6-10 episode seasons.

Transitioning back to 2-2.5 hour movies will definitely be a bit weird now that we’ll be used to these 6 hour 6-10 episode seasons.
These are the big action moments and the shows are more about getting to know the heroes more than just a masked person fighting villains

If he gets a show or a spin off thats good for me, I'm sure I will still like some of the movies but many will just be hard to top stuff like Falcon/Winter Solider because their are so many pieces to that compared to what a film has time for.

I'm sure Shang-Chi and the cast of the film will be involved with other projects; makes sense too now with the two release platforms, that they make the stories inclusive to eachother and to ebb and flow easily.

It gives me Jackie Chan vibes in a good way. I suspect the reason why the trailer came out, stems towards Mortal Kombat. So I'm kind of glad that the focus in this trailer was more on the combat; which hopefully means we'll see another trailer on the core plot of the film, and why Shang-Chi is going against The Mandarin.

I'm sure Shang-Chi and the cast of the film will be involved with other projects; makes sense too now with the two release platforms, that they make the stories inclusive to eachother and to ebb and flow easily.

It gives me Jackie Chan vibes in a good way. I suspect the reason why the trailer came out, stems towards Mortal Kombat. So I'm kind of glad that the focus in this trailer was more on the combat; which hopefully means we'll see another trailer on the core plot of the film, and why Shang-Chi is going against The Mandarin.
I know the film wont but it sucks Iron Fist isn't apart of the MCU this seems like something he would be apart of as well

These are the big action moments and the shows are more about getting to know the heroes more than just a masked person fighting villains

If he gets a show or a spin off thats good for me, I'm sure I will still like some of the movies but many will just be hard to top stuff like Falcon/Winter Solider because their are so many pieces to that compared to what a film has time for.
Oh of course. The movies are where the action is at, the shows are where the character development is. I'm just meaning in the sense of it'll just be a 2 hour experience for the whole thing and that's it as opposed to watching for 6 weeks or whatever.