Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Thor: Love and Thunder

RAGNAROK was great, so I've got to trust Waititi, but I am slightly concerned about them rehashing the "unworthy" storyline (which Thor Odinson was apparently saddled with while Jane Foster took over as Thor in the comics), since the MCU just did a near-brilliant job in INFINITY WAR and ENDGAME in breaking Thor down and then building him back up.

But if Jane's going to be the new "worthy" Thor and you're not doing the unworthy thing again, what are you going to have Hemsworth-Thor up to?

RAGNAROK was great, so I've got to trust Waititi, but I am slightly concerned about them rehashing the "unworthy" storyline (which Thor Odinson was apparently saddled with while Jane Foster took over as Thor in the comics), since the MCU just did a near-brilliant job in INFINITY WAR and ENDGAME in breaking Thor down and then building him back up.

But if Jane's going to be the new "worthy" Thor and you're not doing the unworthy thing again, what are you going to have Hemsworth-Thor up to?
Maybe the thing they focused on at the end of End Game. Not that he isn’t worthy, but he doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want to be king of Asgard. He’s going to find his own path.

Maybe the thing they focused on at the end of End Game. Not that he isn’t worthy, but he doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want to be king of Asgard. He’s going to find his own path.

Considering with that, Valkyrie (which is confirmed by Tessa to be LGBTQ from SDCC)..she might need some assistance; hence why we see Foster returning alongside Thor coming to terms with Valkyrie and his ex trying to rebuild Asgard.

Straight dead.

Jane Foster as Thor has killed me.

In lieu of flowers, adopt a shelter pet.

Of course the comics did it first but to take a role that was previously a shoe horned romance into a hero in her own right with her own spin is nothing short of awesome.

They’re really lucky they already had Natalie Portman as Jane so a talented actress now has a more worthy role in the franchise

This film comes after "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness". So it's also possible that she's a Jane from a different universe that appears after what happens in Doctor Strange's film.

This film comes after "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness". So it's also possible that she's a Jane from a different universe that appears after what happens in Doctor Strange's film.
I just came here with the same thought. It'd make sense that she's Thor from some other Universe and the two somehow run into each other after the events of Multiverse of Madness.

Nice that they're bringing her back after kind of unceremoniously dropping her from RAGNAROK without any explanation.

LOVE AND THUNDER is starting to get pretty packed from a character perspective, though. Especially if, as rumored, the Guardians are going to be in it (they kind of have to be, since Thor was with them when we last saw him).

Matt Damon playing a character more full on this time, makes me interested to know how "big" he's playing a role for. If it was a cameo, I would assume we wouldn't be hearing of this.