Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I just find all these issues to be crazy considering what year it is, and how much money / time went into this park. How do you F this up?

I just find all these issues to be crazy considering what year it is, and how much money / time went into this park. How do you F this up?
With all of the various weight issues on different slides since the park opened, I'd have to guess that Pro Slide has some less than competent people working in their design department. I'm wandering if Universal has filed any suits on Pro Slide's designs.

With all of the various weight issues on different slides since the park opened, I'd have to guess that Pro Slide has some less than competent people working in their design department. I'm wandering if Universal has filed any suits on Pro Slide's designs.

I mean, why wouldn’t they? If they are doing this because “people were getting hurt” then you have an immediate product liability exposure here. Pro Slide should be paying whatever claim comes up.

Mistakes do happen no matter what year it is. Evidently when they were planning this slide certain logistics weren’t taken into account unfortunately.

I mean, why wouldn’t they? If they are doing this because “people were getting hurt” then you have an immediate product liability exposure here. Pro Slide should be paying whatever claim comes up.
Could Universal have asked ProSlide to make the ending area shorter than they normally would?

They should just turn them into body slides for now and add a pool for the run off. VB needs more high capacity body slides anyways. Then build a true mat slide complex as part of the expansion plot. Mat racers are some of the highest capacity slides a water park can buy and somehow VB messed that one up too.
I honestly don't know if that would be possible or not, but it seems logical...Although you may have the same issue of going too far and overshooting the runway

This is the third slide they've had to modify right?

I think @Andy had the best explanation of the end of this ride:

giphy.gif

Every. Damn. Time.

In all honesty I’m shocked it took as long as it did to either adjust the weight limit or close them and somehow redo the splash down or just replace them altogether. I have seen numerous injuries here. Heck one time at the bottom I was greeted with two of Universals health team members who were already on scene while risk management was there taking down two SEPARATE accident reports.

Every. Damn. Time.

In all honesty I’m shocked it took as long as it did to either adjust the weight limit or close them and somehow redo the splash down or just replace them altogether. I have seen numerous injuries here. Heck one time at the bottom I was greeted with two of Universals health team members who were already on scene while risk management was there taking down two SEPARATE accident reports.

I can’t stop laughing at this. Are we looking at the second coming of Action Park? ;p

And, yes, we’re planning on going tomorrow. :grin:

I did mat slides while I was at The Grand at Moon Palace in Cancun. Ooof, I can attest to how painful a wipeout is on those things! When I was going along the end straight away, somehow my mat moved from under me, I whacked my nose and back of my head on the side of the slide and I had a giant black and blue bruise on my back.

Oh, and I weigh 130 lbs for reference!