Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What do they expect?

They tell you that you need to book your hotels a year in advance, dining 6 months and rides 2 months out. Then they announce that their big project is opening earlier than expected after everybody has already booked.
Supposedly, a reason for opening early though was that hotel bookings for summer and fall were so poor. WDW seems to be slow this summer. Evidently they thought opening GESWL early would fill those empty rooms. Evidently that idea was wrong....Discounts and free dining sometimes work, so that's their new route to fill all those empty rooms. It may be working to a degree. After they made the announcements yesterday, their internet site slowed up, probably because people started booking rooms finally.

Reactions: Scott W.
When I tried to do a mock booking, I was only seeing High end suites available for the dining deal for the December window.
Yes. One problem with their room discounts and free dining in general is that they really limit choice as to rooms available for the offers.....Edit....I was just browsing through various dates in the fall, and most all rooms are still available at the resorts, BUT, as they often did in the past, if you try to get the holiday package room discount and/or free dining, the room choices are drastically limited. In most cases they're only offering the most expensive rooms/suites at the various resorts. So the deal isn't really much of a deal upon further investigation.....more like Magic sleight of hand.....But this is, unfortunately, the way they generally frame these offers.

Last edited:
I'm kind of curious/interested/excited to see what if/what WDW does with GESWL in lieu of some of the guest reactions to the Disneyland GESWL. Adding some entertainment should be a no brainer, and fairly easy, since they have all the Stormtroopers and characters dancing around in the rest of the park. Move some of their routines over to the new land. Hell, they're already on the payroll. ...and maybe add William's music to the land itself, instead of just at the entrance cavern. C'mon Disney, liven things up a bit. Let the land be awesome, instead of holding it back to save a few shekels.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I'm kind of curious/interested/excited to see what if/what WDW does with GESWL in lieu of some of the guest reactions to the Disneyland GESWL. Adding some entertainment should be a no brainer, and fairly easy, since they have all the Stormtroopers and characters dancing around in the rest of the park. Move some of their routines over to the new land. Hell, they're already on the payroll. ...and maybe add William's music to the land itself, instead of just at the entrance cavern. C'mon Disney, liven things up a bit. Let the land be awesome, instead of holding it back to save a few shekels.

Well they would be crazy if they changed nothing.

These are all fairly small changes that would make a big difference. I still don't understand why the land doesn't have more animatronics, hell even screens in open windows showing people/aliens/droids going about their daily life would be something.

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog

The only difference you'll see at WDW is no reservation to get in. It's literally going to be same entertainment, same character schedules, ect. That's been the plan since the beginning.

Looking at the recent aerial photo, is there going to be no walkway around the buildings in the bottom left? That's where the third entrance is in the Disneyland version.

The only difference you'll see at WDW is no reservation to get in. It's literally going to be same entertainment, same character schedules, ect. That's been the plan since the beginning.
Oh, I have reservations about going into that zoo...

You know they will be packing the place to make sure they don't have a repeat of DL's guest drought.

The only rumor going around at the moment is they're adding booze to the Blue and Green Milk...

Rumor: Alcoholic Blue and Green Milk Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Blog Mickey

Considering when I visited DL's GE earlier this month and didn't see a single person finish their milk, that's a sign that something needs a serious overhaul and not a spike.

The only rumor going around at the moment is they're adding booze to the Blue and Green Milk...

Rumor: Alcoholic Blue and Green Milk Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Blog Mickey

Considering when I visited DL's GE earlier this month and didn't see a single person finish their milk, that's a sign that something needs a serious overhaul and not a spike.
Well, at least getting boozed up will help you forget how boring the land is.

Reactions: devinp267

I’ve been trying to avoid watching videos of SW:GE as I’m seeing it in person soon. But I believe DL has roaming characters, a Chewie interaction, and Kylo march with troopers?

And let’s remember, DHS recently stopped doing March of the First Order. That’s not a coincidence lol.

I’ve been trying to avoid watching videos of SW:GE as I’m seeing it in person soon. But I believe DL has roaming characters, a Chewie interaction, and Kylo march with troopers?

And let’s remember, DHS recently stopped doing March of the First Order. That’s not a coincidence lol.
Yes, Disneyland has , from what I've read, three roaming characters and two stormtroopers. Pretty heavy populated land. ;)

WDW Magic just put up 29 up to date aerial shots of GESWL at DHS. Looking good :thumbsup:. As I've said before, I like the heavily forested look of the Resistance area better than the one at Disneyland. It seems more isolated....Getting close....Seems like they got a lot of outside finish work done in the past couple of weeks.

Sooo....Mice Chat is reporting that Disneyland has slightly expanded the areas of the GESWL that has music. They are suggesting that Disney add John William's score to the rest of the land and bring in the original trilogy characters to add some life to the land.
The new music has been there for at least the last 2 weeks. I recorded a bunch of footage for a sounds of Batuu video that I still need to edit.

The new music has been there for at least the last 2 weeks. I recorded a bunch of footage for a sounds of Batuu video that I still need to edit.
It's good to see that they're making some adjustments instead of being stubborn about making positive changes. Hopefully some entertainment and/or more streetmosphere characters will follow.

Last edited: