Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

@hunnylvr You are a rock star!!! :celebrate:

Reading the tea leaves, but that "oh yes" sounds like he's familiar with the event. And then, as you say, an evasive, cute answer that gives nothing away. The more I learn, I more I really want to learn the backstory here.

<blushing> Well, I don't know about that.. but thank you.

I've been a King fan since I was old enough to read beyond kid's books - so, since about age 9. That puts me as an extreme King fan for .. ugh.. 41 years (yes, I'm that friggin old). I adore King. He's my favorite author, hands down. Also, he's a very genuine, very sweet man. I worked a charity event with him once - when he did a Rock Bottom Remainders show (him and a bunch of other really famous writers have a "band" and they perform for charity sometimes - very rarely though) in NYC. Me and two of my friends were in charge of setting everything up at the event - the t-shirts, the autographed books, etc. We were with all these authors ALL DAY. It was AMAZING. I had the opportunity to speak with King quite a bit (this was BEFORE I knew about the HHN debacle, or I would've asked him then). My point is, he's not a jerk or an entitled, money-hungry tool. He's just particular in odd ways. You all are correct about his "dollar baby" program to let students make films of some of the short stories, etc.. but I really think he feels like putting some of his most famous (and most loved) characters in a haunted house would be something on a completely differently level. I think he just doesn't want to do it. It really is a different type of control issue. Doesn't make him a control freak or psychologically screwed up. It just means he has other feelings about his creations being used that way. I sort of get it, and I sort of don't. Believe me, I'd be the first one to jump up and down and scream to shatter glass if King gave his blessing for HHN to make something from one of his most iconic works. IT is my fave book of all time (not just my fave King book), so to see that at HHN would be a dream for me. So, every year, I get my hopes up, and every year, that dream is shattered. Thank god, HHN is such an amazing experience for me every year, so it almost doesn't matter.. ALMOST.

@hunnylvr You are a rock star!!! :celebrate:

Reading the tea leaves, but that "oh yes" sounds like he's familiar with the event. And then, as you say, an evasive, cute answer that gives nothing away. The more I learn, I more I really want to learn the backstory here.
That's exactly the tone anyone in my family over sixty uses when they know you know the answer, but they don't want to say it. Mainahs are good at that.

Yeah ok. Is it only shown to a select certain of people because I’m in the UK currently and I haven’t found a thing.

It’s a media briefing. They talk about the event and brief the press who then work on their stories for a release a few weeks later. It’s part of their fall push and usually is the first step towards greater HHN promotions and advertising.