Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Hollywood version of HHN will 100% live and die by the intellectual properties on display. I’ve been saying that since I joined this board, lol. The GP reaction to Ghostbusters is very telling to me. People have their opinions, but at the end of the day, I understand and share the criticism. It’s one thing if Ghostbusters is kind of a fun experiment alongside some other heavy hitters, but as a main focal point IP, alongside ST and (presumably) Us, it’s a little confusing. GP will ask, “Where’s the Halloween remake? Where’s Hill House? Pet Semetary? Where are Freddy and Jason?” And even as someone who’s starting to understand how these things unfold, and gets the nuances surrounding getting IPs, i’m also kinda asking those questions to be totally honest. Ultimately HHN is a victim of its own success, they’ll do something amazing or hype-inducing like Shining/ST, but the GP doesn’t get how unique and rare that kinda stuff is and then just expects it to happen year in and year out.

I'm kinda shocked at the negative reaction to Ghostbusters from the general public, remembering how overwhelmingly positive a reception the ST announcements got from the GP. I've been adamant in my prediction that it would win HoTY. Does Hollywood have HoTY? I'm really hoping something other than ST wins it this year.

Reactions: hhnlover
I'm gonna say Klowns or HoTC for now, with Creepshow coming not long afterwards. I will say, though, that Us is probably gonna get announced sooner rather than later, just because I think they want to give plenty of time for people to make plans after the big marquee announcement. The encore announcements usually tend towards being weirder or riskier - AHS in 2016, Blumhouse in 2017, and UCM for Hollywood in 2018 - so I'd wager for us, either Pandora's Box with music by Morrissey or HoTC ("WHERE IT ALL BEGAN" as the tagline) will be the final announcements.

killer klowns or pandora would be a good announcement at midsummer since you have the cult horror fans there, as well as the haunters that all do original stuff there. Also, does anyone know why the validity of the speculation maps is almost never second guessed? Not saying that as a bad thing, the map seems pretty damn correct, but it seems like speculation for lineup kinda ends after the map's released. for finale scenes, I'm guessing full sized demogorgan in ST along with some gas mask russians and maybe the flayer, satan claws in holidayz, a changing victory scene in FmtW like FvsJ, Stay puft or reboot ghostbusters scene in GB, no clue for creepshow, a mannequin or human style scene like the factory in First Purge for US, a preview for 3 from hell in House, no idea for pandora, and jojo or the pie for killer klowns.

killer klowns or pandora would be a good announcement at midsummer since you have the cult horror fans there, as well as the haunters that all do original stuff there. Also, does anyone know why the validity of the speculation maps is almost never second guessed? Not saying that as a bad thing, the map seems pretty damn correct, but it seems like speculation for lineup kinda ends after the map's released. for finale scenes, I'm guessing full sized demogorgan in ST along with some gas mask russians and maybe the flayer, satan claws in holidayz, a changing victory scene in FmtW like FvsJ, Stay puft or reboot ghostbusters scene in GB, no clue for creepshow, a mannequin or human style scene like the factory in First Purge for US, a preview for 3 from hell in House, no idea for pandora, and jojo or the pie for killer klowns.
Reboot Ghostbusters as in 2016 Ghostbusters? Let me tell you what... If anyone working on this event is smart in any capacity, they’ll stay far away from the dumpster fire that was Ghostbusters 2016 and anything connected to that trash.

The MSScream announcement will be an exclusive to you guys, so it’s a Pandora’s Box / Creepshow toss up barring Mike Aiello suddenly making a trip down again (not entirely out of the realm of possibility but still).

I think in that case though something like Us or HOTC (a little more currently relevant because 3FH) would fit more.

And to answer that spec map question...because there are kinks to work out when they first come out...but at this point, the one shake up happened.

Honestly I used to think the same thing, but every year it always turns out to be true so at this point I just don’t question it

Thanks for the answers guys! Really helpful in further understanding the community. An exclusive definitely does make more sense, but I don't think that a shared IP would be totally off limits due to the announcement taking place during reasonable times in both coasts.

Question. We all know Us took an original spot from Orlando, did it replace anything in Hollywood or did they just add the 10th maze to add it?

Question. We all know Us took an original spot from Orlando, did it replace anything in Hollywood or did they just add the 10th maze to add it?

Some seem to be under the opinion that it KO’d the Metallica idea, which would shock me personally knowing Murdy’s love of rock n roll.

It could have just gotten added. Who knows? Somebody probably, but you get it.

I think it was just added IMO. There were people saying Metallica wasn’t happening when that rumor first popped up which makes me think it was a property used to hide the real property - a la Leatherface in 2017.

As for finales this is about what I’m expecting:

- HotC: Dr. Satan’s Surgery Room
- Holidayz in Hell: Christmas
- TWD: Alley Scenes
- Us: Hands Across America
- Pandora’s Box: ?(honestly no clue)
- Stranger Things: Starcourt Mall
- Killer Klowns: Klownzilla
- Ghostbusters: The Ghostbusters
- Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman: Ice Cellars
- Creepshow: The Creeper + Stories

I think it was just added IMO. There were people saying Metallica wasn’t happening when that rumor first popped up which makes me think it was a property used to hide the real property - a la Leatherface in 2017.

As for finales this is about what I’m expecting:

- HotC: Dr. Satan’s Surgery Room
- Holidayz in Hell: Christmas
- TWD: Alley Scenes
- Us: Hands Across America
- Pandora’s Box: ?(honestly no clue)
- Stranger Things: Starcourt Mall
- Killer Klowns: Klownzilla
- Ghostbusters: The Ghostbusters
- Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman: Ice Cellars
- Creepshow: The Creeper + Stories
Maybe we should start theorizing on what Pandora's box is. Do you guys think it'll be Greek period, or a modern day retelling of the stories?

Last edited:
Maybe we should start theorizing on what Pandora's box. Do you guys think it'll be Greek period, or a modern day retelling of the stories?

Knowing Murdy's style and approach to certain concepts and ideas, most likely modern. Probably to feel more immersive to guests in terms of atmosphere, environments, music & sound, as well as characters. Also, it would allow and push for more creative ways to bring that story to a 21st century audience, especially for those not familiar with the legend.

Knowing Murdy's style and approach to certain concepts and ideas, most likely modern. Probably to feel more immersive to guests in terms of atmosphere, environments, music & sound, as well as characters. Also, it would allow and push for more creative ways to bring that story to a 21st century audience, especially for those not familiar with the legend.

It could be the Greek myths in potentially a more modern setting, which would be a twist.