Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Maybe we should start theorizing on what Pandora's box is. Do you guys think it'll be Greek period, or a modern day retelling of the stories?

I would hop that it would be set in ancient Greece. That would make for a really pretty maze! My best guess would be a modern setting either at a museum or an archaeological site with the story being that the box (jar) was thought to just be legend but it was discovered and resulted in the evils being unleashed. Then again, it honestly could just be a name and has nothing to do with the story of the maze at all

I would prefer an Ancient Greece setting, but I would be willing to compromise on half and half. Maybe have a story where the kid finds Pandora’s Box in the parents’ basement and gets sucked into the Parthenon underworld. Basically, a Greek Hellraiser.

I mean, hypothetically, if Pandora's Box was a, sort of, codename for an IP, I don't think it would directly allude to an IP through it's name, but rather maybe describe some kind of event. So one person releasing chaos and evil into the world could be a metaphor to the plot of an IP were something is unleashed by the actions of the main character(s) in some way, shape, or form.

Those masks look badass. Charybois is my favorite one. I do hope they use these masks but thats unlikley.

Is it?

No inside info on the direction of Pandora's Box here, but HHN has turned to Immortal's off-the-shelf masks for a number of their attractions (especially the Tunnel and Terror Tram).

Funny, I've my own speculation on this too... but I doubt it since it's just me guessing
Yeah, I mean even if it were true that it's a codename for an IP, "Pandora's Box" could be a reference to literally anything, even something completely unrelated to the property itself, so trying to figure out what it could be feels sort of pointless. The other thing about an IP is it does seem like options are kind of slim at this point. Some of the ones that initially struck me as no-brainers (Pet Sematary 2019/OG, Halloween 2018, etc.) now seem unlikely for obvious reasons, so I'd really have no idea where to start.

There was a particular movie tied to a particular franchise that I read multiple reviews that described it as "unleashing Pandora's Box", but then again maybe I'm looking too much into it (plus I don't wanna jinx it on the basis maybe I'm onto something and it IS true).

So we'll see!

Also worth mentioning he said it might not appear on Hollywood’s side, however i think what they were shown was a shared property since if they were shown an Orlando original I feel like they’d be smart enough to distinguish that from an IP.

There was a particular movie tied to a particular franchise that I read multiple reviews that described it as "unleashing Pandora's Box", but then again maybe I'm looking too much into it (plus I don't wanna jinx it on the basis maybe I'm onto something and it IS true).

So we'll see!

I really don't think so, if you're getting at what I think you're getting at. There's no way that wouldn't be both coasts.

Lol I have no idea what you guys are referencing, but either way, I actually don’t see an issue with another Hollywood-only IP to go with Creepshow. Orlando—both the audience and the creative team—seems to vastly prefer originals to IPs. So unless it was some kinda mega headliner, I could see them not caring as long as they got like, Zombie Bowling Alley or some other exclusive original.