HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've heard rumors of an insanely cool facade for Stranger Things so I'm hoping it's true.
Arcade facade where it switches to the upside down.
:whistle::whistle::whistle:
cover1.jpg

Yeah, I know, double post so shoot me. I just noticed that the FMTM tent seems a bit tall. Is it just me or is it about at tall as Ghostbusters' tent?
A lot of the sets in Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman look huge from construction. Like the walls go up super high so it seems like they will be a lot of verticality to that and Ghostbusters. Maybe even Creepshow too seems a little taller.

A lot of the sets in Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman look huge from construction. Like the walls go up super high so it seems like they will be a lot of verticality to that and Ghostbusters. Maybe even Creepshow too seems a little taller.

I really hope this becomes the standard going forward. Might even mitigate the need for Soundstages, since part of the advantage there is verticality.

Big problem right now is if lightbleed will be a big issue? Since the raised tents let a lot of sun in over the low walls.

Thank you Joey!

EDIT: It definitely looks like some kind of armature. My guess is that it's gonna get mounted somewhere in that area with the tarp, which also makes me think that either there's gonna be a guy inside there puppeting the arms and head or it's gonna be an animatronic. Both are incredibly exciting!
I think it’s a construction worker do you think

Thank you Joey!

EDIT: It definitely looks like some kind of armature. My guess is that it's gonna get mounted somewhere in that area with the tarp, which also makes me think that either there's gonna be a guy inside there puppeting the arms and head or it's gonna be an animatronic. Both are incredibly exciting!

It could be, though the steel stuff beneath it makes me think it's something mechanical, and I do think it's probably some kind of head. Though the fact that they're bringing it out of storage so quickly gives me pause; wouldn't a rubber/latex head brought out in late July end up melting by September?

Hell, maybe that's why the tarp is there, to protect it from the sun? But that would just trap heat...

Hmm..

Hmm..[/QUOTE]
It could be, though the steel stuff beneath it makes me think it's something mechanical, and I do think it's probably some kind of head. Though the fact that they're bringing it out of storage so quickly gives me pause; wouldn't a rubber/latex head brought out in late July end up melting by September?

Hell, maybe that's why the tarp is there, to protect it from the sun? But that would just trap heat...

Hmm..
It’s a worker