Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I’m a bit confused about the alleged house locations. If Stranger Things is in sound stage 25, like Poltergeist last year, why is it in the letter B spot? That is sound stage 24A, right?

IDK. 25 is still accessible from that path, though.

Anyways, just watched Us. Very good movie, and a breath of fresh air amidst this movie hellscape of remakes and sequels. However, I completely understand why Ringwraith has low expectations for the house.

Given that The Purge at 25 was a replacement as well as about something happening nationwide, I'm thinking they do the same thing here. If the house is good it will be entirely because the cast will have succeeded at recreating the eerie silence of the Tethered--the scene in which the Tethered daughter climbs over the roof of the car as they drive comes to mind.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Simpsons Ride will be open during the event this year? I know that at one point last year, it was open and operating.
It’s not listed on the spec. map under Attractions, so it looks like not at first or at all.(if the map is correct)

Does anyone know if the Simpsons Ride will be open during the event this year? I know that at one point last year, it was open and operating.

6 attraction spaces on the website and same 6 from last year on the spec map, i'd gather it would be the same.

I'd love to see a curve ball attraction open like ET, it's unexpected and fits the theme. Plus it would be good to take some crowd consider how busy this year is going to be.

6 attraction spaces on the website and same 6 from last year on the spec map, i'd gather it would be the same.

I'd love to see a curve ball attraction open like ET, it's unexpected and fits the theme. Plus it would be good to take some crowd consider how busy this year is going to be.

I would love to see E.T. during HHN; however, doesn’t the parade building house’s line go through E.T.’s queue/ extended queue?

It also was open, back in 2015 or so! It was running nearly empty cycles. Opening more rides to absorb crowds sounds nice, but it doesn't do anything if no one is interested in riding.

The kid rides just don't draw a crowd. I remember when every house was 100 minutes or more, Kang & Kodos was still a half-empty walk-on. No point paying to run them for a couple dozen people an hour.

I would love to see E.T. during HHN; however, doesn’t the parade building house’s line go through E.T.’s queue/ extended queue?

Oh I so don’t think it’s going to happen but it’s just a nice thought.

Never mind the fact that most people don't attend HHN to ride the rides.

No they don’t and it wouldn’t eat up the die hard fans but it could the first timers solely coming for ST and GB etc

I would say there is a "decent' percentage of folks who are 50/50 interested in the rides vs. houses. Not most but a good amount who wanted to "ride a couple rides and hit a couple houses" I don't know how big this percentage is but I've heard this attitude floated around.