Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Not sure if mentioned, but Apocalypse (and the land) will open BEFORE West Coast Racers does, but the interesting part is that when Neil announced this on the tour, electrics were shocked because they were told Apocalypse wouldn't be reopening at ALL... hmmm...

Also I'm hearing Labor Day is possible, but Premier's complete redesign of the spaghetti bowl portion made this thing insanely difficult to place in such a sensitive location of the park (foundation hadn't been updated since 77).

Last edited:
^The Tourbilion or the Freestyle? I've been on the Tourbilion, and while they're spectacular to look at as a spectator, the ride was underwhelming and, unsurprisingly, somewhat slow to load. And it takes up a lot of space.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have the Freestyle. I'd also imagine it'd fit pretty well in Pistachio Park.

Am I the only one who feels under-whelmed by the possibility of a freestyle? I'd rather have a Zamp Endeavor or a Sky Swing.

Well personally I'd rather have the Mack Power Splash that I believe is going to another SF park. But the Cyber Spin is more of a prediction of mine, given that all the parks seem to getting these and giant frisbees. But it's not exactly what I'm hoping for.

Food for thought: if we were getting a Mack powered splash, I would imagine it would replace Tidal Wave. If we were getting it, don’t you think that would’ve closed by now?

Food for thought: if we were getting a Mack powered splash, I would imagine it would replace Tidal Wave. If we were getting it, don’t you think that would’ve closed by now?

Well yeah, but the Mack isn't my prediction, only what I'd personally like. Either that or giant S&S swings.

I think they're due for a record setting Sky Screamer. They are one of the few park's in the chain that never got one...

I've heard conflicting reports as to why SFMM doesn't have a Sky Screamer. I wouldn't mind a Screamer, but have heard that SFMM was watching Knotts Windseeker closely and wants to stay away from a potential nightmare. Can anyone shed some light?

The issue isn't with the models themselves, its the fact that Cal OSHA would require ridiculous precautious be taken and built that would basically deem Sky Screamer's purpose irrelevant.

I would love a Sky Screamer though, but not a record breaker. Their cycles are short and just feels like its there for the sake of being there.

Generally, I try not to eat at any Six Flags park, period. We actually left Discovery Kingdom in the middle of the day to get lunch elsewhere.

And I don't really spend full days at Magic Mountain anymore, so I grab food usually near the Valencia Mall (Pei Wei, Presto Pasta, Chop Shop, Zanku) or off Lyons (Mod Pizza, Pick Up Stix).
I've been coming here since 1977 before SF bought it. Normally I'd agree about the food but the last 4 years I've felt its improved greatly. We always eat at the sports bar and I've been super impressed. Additionally I did the food tasting experience last holiday in the park and the food was pretty bomb.

I've been coming here since 1977 before SF bought it. Normally I'd agree about the food but the last 4 years I've felt its improved greatly. We always eat at the sports bar and I've been super impressed. Additionally I did the food tasting experience last holiday in the park and the food was pretty bomb.

The food is surprisingly good nowadays at Magic Mountain. I would argue that they have the second best basic counter service food in the LA/OC parks behind Knott's. The pizza is actually good unlike the pizza at Disneyland. Plus, the BBQ is good even if it isn't as good as it is at Knott's. The Johnny Rocket's is also a good option.

I'm as far from a foodie as possible so all the weird and unusual food people like at Disney doesn't appeal to me. From my experience, the basic park food at Magic Mountain is really good, especially when you consider the value you get with a dining pass.