Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

I never said I didn't Enjoy it, I said is it the new standard?

Besides the end (once again in B mode) what part of it is ground breaking or a must have for a new water ride?

Although I haven't been on it yet, the Mosasaurus screens with its effects look quite ground breaking, even at the expense of the old Ultrasaur Lagoon. There's really no other way to have a 60-foot AA so this was probably the most practical way of incorporating it into the new ride.

I've always felt the word groundbreaking is overrated. What's most important is a ride being fun, entertaining and enjoyable. A ride could be considered groundbreaking tech, and at the same time be a trash ride.

Although I haven't been on it yet, the Mosasaurus screens with its effects look quite ground breaking, even at the expense of the old Ultrasaur Lagoon. There's really no other way to have a 60-foot AA so this was probably the most practical way of incorporating it into the new ride.
I agree. It's cool when you see the videos of it on YouTube, but it's so beautiful in person. The size of the area shows you that they're serious about this; the changing light effects, the parallax feature, how they incorporate water splashing on you is clever (although I still argue they should bump the boat when the Mosa hits the tank). Granted the AA's aren't the first well-done animatronics on a ride, I can't think of another ride that does animals (specifically dinosaurs) this well. It wasn't until my third time riding it that I really appreciated how well Blue moves. The jungle scene converted from an area that used to be a sparse pump room should commended as well.

As you can tell, I love the ride (save for a few things that fall short of their potential), but for something to be truly groundbreaking, it would have to be something that makes you say "HOW did they do this?" It would have to reinvent the genre, the way people first viewed the television or the iPhone or bullet-time in the Matrix.

I guess its each to there own, but its a screen that water comes out at you.

If you have been to Universal this is a common thing to see, Maybe if they used sonic tech so it felt like a big creature was above/below you when it was swimming then maybe could be ground breaking but as it is now, Its cool but the only ground breaking rides at Universal have been the Potter rides and Spiderman/Transformers rides.
My guess is SLOP will feel unique because we don't have trackless rides in the states and Mario Kart could also be ground breaking because its ride system is new.

I also want to point out I think the rides great but feel terms like "groundbreaking" and "New Standard" just feel like over praise for a ride that got a 10 months Refurb.

I agree. It's cool when you see the videos of it on YouTube, but it's so beautiful in person. The size of the area shows you that they're serious about this; the changing light effects, the parallax feature, how they incorporate water splashing on you is clever (although I still argue they should bump the boat when the Mosa hits the tank). Granted the AA's aren't the first well-done animatronics on a ride, I can't think of another ride that does animals (specifically dinosaurs) this well. It wasn't until my third time riding it that I really appreciated how well Blue moves. The jungle scene converted from an area that used to be a sparse pump room should commended as well.
Once again its great but ground breaking or even close to the best that Universal has done?

To me Spiderman and Potter rides feel ground breaking and made me say how did they do that and how is the entire thing so themed?
I've also been been on these rides and aren't basing my thoughts off video's

I guess its each to there own, but its a screen that water comes out at you.

If you have been to Universal this is a common thing to see, Maybe if they used sonic tech so it felt like a big creature was above/below you when it was swimming then maybe could be ground breaking but as it is now, Its cool but the only ground breaking rides at Universal have been the Potter rides and Spiderman/Transformers rides.
My guess is SLOP will feel unique because we don't have trackless rides in the states and Mario Kart could also be ground breaking because its ride system is new.

I also want to point out I think the rides great but feel terms like "groundbreaking" and "New Standard" just feel like over praise for a ride that got a 10 months Refurb.

Once again its great but ground breaking or even close to the best that Universal has done?

To me Spiderman and Potter rides feel ground breaking and made me say how did they do that and how is the entire thing so themed?
I've also been been on these rides and aren't basing my thoughts off video's
I think we get you don’t like the ride that much.

I think we get you don’t like the ride that much.
I mean I said the ride is great and 8/10. Just not Groundbreaking or the best thing they have created.

Anyway didn't mean to derail the thread, if anyone wants to continue discussing this topic PM me

Fair enough. Maybe not groundbreaking, but definitely unique in its own right. I know POV vids can only portray so much so I'll reserve judgment until I can actually experience it in person. I do look forward to experiencing the size of the tunnel and the parallax effect in person.

Granted, I know this thread isn't a daily "Here's what happened today", has anyone ridden the ride in the past 24/48 hours who can attest to any break downs or queue management issues. I rode it over a week ago and was stuck for 20 minutes and had to be evacuated and haven't seen or heard of any similar incidents after that. Is the ride finding its stride or is it still a ways off?

Granted, I know this thread isn't a daily "Here's what happened today", has anyone ridden the ride in the past 24/48 hours who can attest to any break downs or queue management issues. I rode it over a week ago and was stuck for 20 minutes and had to be evacuated and haven't seen or heard of any similar incidents after that. Is the ride finding its stride or is it still a ways off?

I rode it on monday and they held the line and let a few boats cycle through before lettings more people board. Made a 3-4 minute delay.

Wish they were there when i Rode

Them: Sir Do you have a moment?
Me: I don't know if you have enough time to discuss all my thoughts, lol
I would spend a lot of time there was well

Does it? I love the ending but its still in B mode and I honestly feel the 2/3 of the of the ride is about the same or worst than before.
The Track wasn't changed, so I don't know how a ride built in the 90's is the standard for water rides.

Just my two cents but think the ride is great but as a whole kinda underwhelming to what was promised and whats to come from rides they are building right now.
Yeah. I agree. The ride is not groundbreaking, hell it's not even better than the ride it's replacing. I guess we will have to wait and see guest reaction

Wish they were there when i Rode

Them: Sir Do you have a moment?
Me: I don't know if you have enough time to discuss all my thoughts, lol
I would spend a lot of time there was well

Does it? I love the ending but its still in B mode and I honestly feel the 2/3 of the of the ride is about the same or worst than before.
The Track wasn't changed, so I don't know how a ride built in the 90's is the standard for water rides.

Just my two cents but think the ride is great but as a whole kinda underwhelming to what was promised and whats to come from rides they are building right now.
Yeah. I agree. The ride is not groundbreaking, hell it's not even better than the ride it's replacing. I guess we will have to wait and see guest reaction

I think my biggest nit pick about the ride isn't actually about the ride itself but the Owen voice-over in the finale. He says "If you can hear me I've sent help" in a very intense way. Then he immediately follows with "keep an eye out for Blue" in such a calm demeanor. It's really weird and the two audio clips don't match each other whatsoever. It really throws me off. I have words for whoever put those two voice clips back to back. ALSO. They should move the line about "keeping an eye out for Blue" to a different spot before the lift. I hate that he says keep an eye out for her and then BAM she immediately shows up. Too convenient of timing if you ask me. They should set her arrival up earlier so guests keep trying to find her. It makes it much more rewarding when she finally shows up. I know it's really nothing to most guests but from a storytelling perspective it would make it so much better. It must just be the director in me.

Last edited:
I think my biggest nit pick about the ride isn't actually about the ride itself but the Owen voice-over in the finale. He says "If you can hear me I've sent help" in a very intense way. Then he immediately follows with "keep an eye out for Blue" in such a calm demeanor. It's really weird and the two audio clips don't match each other whatsoever. It really throws me off. I have words for whoever put those two voice clips back to back. ALSO. They should move the line about "keeping an eye out for Blue" to a different spot before the lift. I hate that he says keep an eye out for her and then BAM she immediately shows up. Too convenient of timing if you ask me. They should set her arrival up earlier so guests keep trying to find her. It makes it much more rewarding when she finally shows up. I know it's really nothing to most guests but from a storytelling perspective it would make it so much better. It must just be the director in me.
I think it would have been cool if they have shadows and sounds of Blue Running up the hill besides you...so you can see her at least coming instead of just showing up

I think it would have been cool if they have shadows and sounds of Blue Running up the hill besides you...so you can see her at least coming instead of just showing up
I really don’t think that’d be tough to do, also. that would be so awesome especially at night! That kind of aligns with my overall thought about the ride. I really like it, but I see so much more potential in it

Cool points! Kind of an underrated and easily over looked aspect, that audio. Liked what you had to say