Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 558 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the fantastic reviews Hagrid's has received (not withstanding downtime issues, I have yet to read a review of someone that didn't like the ride), it seems the general public and the theme park community has a real hunger for attractions that are a throwback to the Thunder Mountain/Jaws/Splash Mt. etc. type rides (using new, up to date, tech of course) . I think it behooves Universal to have one or two attractions similar in concept to Hagrids/Jaws/Thunder Mt./Splash etc. , for the new park. There's plenty of space, which these types of attractions need, so there's no size limitations like USF & IOA has.

I’ve seen quite a few nit picky and small digs by the Disney hardcore fans but even then, they still liked the ride.

If the worst thing that can be said about it is the operations, then that’s a huge win. Operations are going to improve.

Agreed. I am VERY excited for it. Gonna be a great addition to the park.

And all I want for Park 3 is an RMC.

Actually, all I want for all 3 UOR parks are RMCs. RMCs for everyone.

This is also my top pick if I had to choose anything. The overall look of an RMC coaster seems perfect for a Monsters theme.

I wonder if Universal’s days of building just a coaster are a behind them which means if they do build an RMC, we’re looking at great theming and maybe a show scene.

:hail:

This is also my top pick if I had to choose anything. The overall look of an RMC coaster seems perfect for a Monsters theme.

I wonder if Universal’s days of building just a coaster are a behind them which means if they do build an RMC, we’re looking at great theming and maybe a show scene.

:hail:

RMC in the Monsters section is exactly what I'd do. Theme it to Frankenstein or Wolfman.

I also think one would look great in Toon Lagoon wrapping around the back of the park.

I would love a Sonic the Hedgehog ride. I'm actually kinda surprised this hasn't happened at Universal or Disney yet.
Probably still not likely to happen at Uni, since we have Nintendo coming, but I still dream of it.

I would love a Sonic the Hedgehog ride. I'm actually kinda surprised this hasn't happened at Universal or Disney yet.
Probably still not likely to happen at Uni, since we have Nintendo coming, but I still dream of it.
The Sonic the Hedgehog movie has to be a hit for that to happen.

Sonic is more niche than the Nintendo characters. I don't think it's popular enough for a theme park ride (yet)

RMC and a B&M hyper would be great for Universal tbh

I don't know that a B&M hyper would work with a domestic Universal park. The U.S is SATURATED with B&M hypers.

RMC though... Yeah, we need a lot more of whatever they're cooking with in this world.

I'm starting to wonder if the problems with Volcano Bay may have an effect on Universal's future plans in regard to a second water park. It could accelerate the plans for a second one (to try and take the pressure off VB), or it might make Universal shy away from the idea of building another water park. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped working with Pro-Slide and went with White Water for the next water park or any future expansions of VB.
Lol, I knew I'd seen your profile pic before. Hey ResetEra fam.

I haven't kept up. What happened other than the person that fell out of the raft?

I remember some issues with tapu tapu, but those seem ironed out.

Fwiw, I think VB was the best water park I've ever been to.

I think they've started on back of house. Nothing to do with the actual park itself yet.

Just thought about it, but moving as much as they can to the new property to open up space at the original resort could be a big deal.

Aren't there only like 8 in the USA?

Probably doesn't really matter, but Mako is right down the street. Busch has been rumored to get one eventually and a good amount of six flags parks have one.

Definitely wish HRRR was a near hyper Hollywood Dream, but the space just wasn't there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
Aren't there only like 8 in the USA?

Something like that. Point being non inverting sit-down coaster over 200ft really isn't that big of a deal anymore... 200ft is the new 100ft. There are a quite a few of the B&M model around, and they all have very similar features.

And Mako is 2 miles from site B.

Status
Not open for further replies.