CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As far as restaurants... anyone else think Margaritaville could be next on the chopping block?

Doubtful just because if they were open to getting rid of it, Margaritaville Resort probably would've gladly bought them out in the past two years. M'ville restaurant pulls a crowd even at lunch, still feels like the one place in CW that's a destination onto itself.

Doubtful just because if they were open to getting rid of it, Margaritaville Resort probably would've gladly bought them out in the past two years. M'ville restaurant pulls a crowd even at lunch, still feels like the one place in CW that's a destination onto itself.
I was trying to think of restaurants that are run by a third-party. As far as I know, that's only M'Ville, Hard Rock, and Cowfish.. and I can't see HR or CF going anywhere.

Of course they have the food court area too..

Reactions: Joel
and I believe Universal took over management of CitiWalk Cowfish after the initial service stumbles.
I did not know that actually.

I would love for Margaritaville to get updated if I'm honest...It is a great place

I actually expect the shops down below to be in trouble

Also, what the hell is going on between Hard Rock and Rip Ride Rockit...That's been walled off forever
I've never tried Margaritaville. It's a large area that could allow potentially for an all-new restaurant and a separate all-new shop.

And I didn't even notice the walls..

With as large as Fossil is, they could easily replace that with two smaller shops, right? Or am I making things up in my head? Lol.

Reactions: Joel
With as large as Fossil is, they could easily replace that with two smaller shops, right? Or am I making things up in my head? Lol.
It seems Universal is getting away from non Universal merchandise at CitiWalk. I would guess any of those outside merchandise stores will be phased out, and replaced by food/entertainment or some type of Universal IP themed shops.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I thought Cowfish Orlando is a franchise location owned by UOR? Same with VooDoo, Universal bought a franchise. Not 100% sure so don’t quote me but there’s a much bigger chance of that being the case than a small chain like Cowfish paying MASSIVE rent to be at CityWalk