Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 559 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I knew I'd seen your profile pic before. Hey ResetEra fam.

I haven't kept up. What happened other than the person that fell out of the raft?

I remember some issues with tapu tapu, but those seem ironed out.

Fwiw, I think VB was the best water park I've ever been to.

Just thought about it, but moving as much as they can to the new property to open up space at the original resort could be a big deal.

Probably doesn't really matter, but Mako is right down the street. Busch has been rumored to get one eventually and a good amount of six flags parks have one.

Definitely wish HRRR was a near hyper Hollywood Dream, but the space just wasn't there.

Something like that. Point being non inverting sit-down coaster over 200ft really isn't that big of a deal anymore... 200ft is the new 100ft. There are a quite a few of the B&M model around, and they all have very similar features.

And Mako is 2 miles from site B.
I mean Disney isn't far from Universal and they both have dark rides and themed lands...I'm super confused with what your point is here...Are you suggesting that you can't have two hyper coasters near each other?

True, but much more can ride Hagrid's than the potential fastest and tallest coaster in Florida.

I don’t see this thinking breaking the height record for Florida. 200+ feet would require Universal to put a beacon on the top hat, which for purely cosmetic reasons, I don’t think they’d want to do. Tallest at a Universal park? Extremely likely. But beating out Mako is a bit unrealistic.

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie has to be a hit for that to happen.

Sonic is more niche than the Nintendo characters. I don't think it's popular enough for a theme park ride (yet)
But then the Sonic ride would be based off whats likely to be an awful movie. Nobody wants that.
Thats one of things that kills me about the Transformers ride. I love Transformers, but the movies are awful.

Anywhere near a Universal or Disney park. Who knows what Six Flags or some random Dubai park add.
Six Flags wouldn't do anything good with the IP though . It would just be another coaster with Sonic themed colors, and Sonic's name slapped on it. You could do a lot of amazing things with a Sonic as a ride. A generic coaster just wouldn't cut it.

Last edited:
I don’t see this thinking breaking the height record for Florida. 200+ feet would require Universal to put a beacon on the top hat, which for purely cosmetic reasons, I don’t think they’d want to do. Tallest at a Universal park? Extremely likely. But beating out Mako is a bit unrealistic.

True. Tallest at Universal is more of what I was thinking, did forget about Mako. Still though, lots of the big thrill turn people off although thrills are kinda a part of Universal as part of what separates Uni from Disney is their thrill rides.

I’m starting to think there won’t be any large-scale outdoor highly visible coasters for the new park. Something like Donkey Kong (or Hagrid) where can’t see it until you’re in front of it maybe. But I think these worlds will be a little more “immersive” and self-contained. IOA is gonna be the giant coasters we can see from the road park (especially after the Jurassic Coaster). This park, probably not so much.

Just a hunch.

I mean Disney isn't far from Universal and they both have dark rides and themed lands...I'm super confused with what your point is here...Are you suggesting that you can't have two hyper coasters near each other?

I guess my point is more or less I don't know that B&M hypers have so much variance in elements and layouts, that I think it'd be a ridiculous move to put two so close to each other.

Nintendo World is the only land we have any clue on what rides we might expect. And Nintendo is the only land we even have a good idea is actually really happening. So, yes.
Ah, got it. I figured some of the other IPs were more confirmed for the lineup at least. So exciting this is all developing!

Lol, I knew I'd seen your profile pic before. Hey ResetEra fam.

I haven't kept up. What happened other than the person that fell out of the raft?

I remember some issues with tapu tapu, but those seem ironed out.

Fwiw, I think VB was the best water park I've ever been to.

Oh no, I've been exposed! :afraid:

Kidding of course, but Volcano Bay has been having issues with a lot of the water slides. Most recently, Punga Racers (down to a 150 pound weight limit), and a lot of the slides had mechanical issues for the first couple of months that the park was open. It's fine now (other than Punga) but it could scare Universal from ever making another water park again.

I’m starting to think there won’t be any large-scale outdoor highly visible coasters for the new park. Something like Donkey Kong (or Hagrid) where can’t see it until you’re in front of it maybe. But I think these worlds will be a little more “immersive” and self-contained. IOA is gonna be the giant coasters we can see from the road park (especially after the Jurassic Coaster). This park, probably not so much.

Just a hunch.

Yeah, definitely no super-exposed large coasters. Any coasters will be themed and/or low to the ground.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Can't tell if troll...
There's literally only one B&M hyper in Orlando, why would it matter if you mentioned Sea World or not in your post, there's literally no other park that you could be talking about.

Again, since you were the one that is making an argument out of a small passing comment, why the hell does anything Sea World does matter to Universal? Especially with a coaster type that are almost always crowd pleasers and positives for the park they are put in?

There's literally only one B&M hyper in Orlando, why would it matter if you mentioned Sea World or not in your post, there's literally no other park that you could be talking about.

Again, since you were the one that is making an argument out of a small passing comment, why the hell does anything Sea World does matter to Universal? Especially with a coaster type that are almost always crowd pleasers and positives for the park they are put in?

To be fair, Universal might want to build something unique to the area. Something like a wing coaster would work super well here, because there's nothing like it for hundreds of miles and a hyper would always be compared to a Mako which is super close by.

Then again, why are we even talking about this? Universal isn't going to build anything close to a hyper in this park.

I'm not trying to turn anything into an argument, simply inserting a dissenting opinion and my own observation into the discussion.

I believe B&M hypers are so similar, and with one already being in the market I don't know that Universal would build one. There are also quite a few strung about the U.S it may seem all too familiar to park guest, something that Universal as a "premium" park brand might want to shy away from. You visit Orlando for the types of attractions you can't find or ride elsewhere... There are enough B&M hypers elsewhere in the U.S to service the different regions of the U.S with that type of attraction.

To be fair, Universal might want to build something unique to the area. Something like a wing coaster would work super well here, because there's nothing like it for hundreds of miles and a hyper would always be compared to a Mako which is super close by.
A larger majority of people go to Universal than Sea World, people compare Popeye to Infinity Falls...Who cares? Universal literally doesn't care what Sea World does.

I believe B&M hypers are so similar, and with one already being in the market I don't know that Universal would build one. There are also quite a few strung about the U.S it may seem all too familiar to park guest, something that Universal as a "premium" park brand might want to shy away from. You visit Orlando for the types of attractions you can't find or ride elsewhere... There are enough B&M hypers elsewhere in the U.S to service the different regions of the U.S with that type of attraction.
There are 8 in the US, that's far from a lot.

Also, Universal has never been shy about coasters, and nobody is saying that they would not deck it out or put a spin on it like Hulk.

And no, people visit Orlando for Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter, it's IP town.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
So I saw something on twitter that I take to mean there could be some sort of announcement of Fantastic Worlds being a thing. Any news on this?

Just a hunch.

This is my gripe against Orlando being so flat. If it had some uneven terrain, some great things could be done with coasters while still keeping them relatively hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.