Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what’s in store for 2022? ‘21 is Jurassic World, and ‘23 is Fantastic Worlds. Maybe they announce Zelda taking over Lost Continent? Or is Nintendo exclusive to FW?

THIS BETTER NOT BE JUST FOR A NEW LOGO
:bonk:

Don't remind me.

If Pokemon is announced coming to FW on the 1st I am calling out of work.

Honestly, I think that's the surprise announcement, considering they've already gone public on the fact of SNW for all of the four UPR destinations (even if it hasn't been clear for where in UOR).

Imagine what would happen when Pokemon is announced. I could easily see a lot of outlets (not just gaming, but everywhere) react with the news in a large way. Considering the nature of Pokemon as a global brand..

Don't remind me.

Honestly, I think that's the surprise announcement, considering they've already gone public on the fact of SNW for all of the four UPR destinations (even if it hasn't been clear for where in UOR).

Imagine what would happen when Pokemon is announced. I could easily see a lot of outlets (not just gaming, but everywhere) react with the news in a large way. Considering the nature of Pokemon as a global brand..
It will erupt up in there for sure.

SO. PUMPED.

They wouldn't be spending money to go to the convention center just to announce smaller stuff. This is gonna be (in Universal's preferred marketing terms) EPIC.

Let's just hope it's as awesome as we all hope it is.

Exciting times ahead for UO!

As someone who was there for the original Press announcement of Universal City Florida (then renamed Universal Studios Escape, then Universal Orlando)... it was an exciting time for us and was designed to build excitement and show the scope of what was to come.

That event was held a full 6 years prior to IOA opening... so quite a few modifications came about from the original announcement. The press event was held in a soundstage with members of the press trammed into the property from the executive lot. With Halloween prep and the convention centers proximity to the new property... I’m sure it is a much more fitting venue.

I imagine they will follow a similar playbook August 1...

Announce a broad overview of the elements involved in the expansion without the major details. Early concept art that shows the property layout, what areas are dedicated to each element (park, hotel(s), transport, infrastructure, etc), timelines and a big tease of themes. As well as what is planned in the interim for the existing resort. Can’t lose focus on the current business.

I still have the original full press kit from the Universal City announcement. It included pretty much what he stated above. Quite a bit evolved from announcement to reality... but it was 6 years. Hopefully a much more compressed timeline now.

Can’t wait to see what they unleash.

As someone who was there for the original Press announcement of Universal City Florida (then renamed Universal Studios Escape, then Universal Orlando)... it was an exciting time for us and was designed to build excitement and show the scope of what was to come.

That event was held a full 6 years prior to IOA opening... so quite a few modifications came about from the original announcement. The press event was held in a soundstage with members of the press trammed into the property from the executive lot. With Halloween prep and the convention centers proximity to the new property... I’m sure it is a much more fitting venue.

Announce a broad overview of the elements involved in the expansion without the major details. Early concept art that shows the property layout, what areas are dedicated to each element (park, hotel(s), transport, infrastructure, etc), timelines and a big tease of themes. As well as what is planned in the interim for the existing resort. Can’t lose focus on the current business.

I still have the original full press kit from the Universal City announcement. It included pretty much what he stated above. Quite a bit evolved from announcement to reality... but it was 6 years. Hopefully a much more compressed timeline now.

But the 6 years out announcements weren't made when there was already a completely bulldozed, and groundprepped area, probably already with some underground infrastructure in place, were they?

Could you scan and post those? Id love to see them!

But the 6 years out announcements weren't made when there was already a completely bulldozed, and groundprepped area, probably already with some underground infrastructure in place, were they?
Exactly... that was what I was referring to in “compressed timeline”. I still doubt too much detail will be revealed. Not their MO... and they need more to tease over the next few years as the build out continues.

My Predictions:

Bourne opening Fall 2019
Volcano Bay expansion opening Summer 2020
Jurassic World overlay and the new coaster opening Spring 2021
2022? Maybe something in Kidzone?
Fantastic Worlds 2023

Wildcard would be something new for one of the theaters that are sitting empty (Sinbad, Toon Lagoon, Fear Factor Live)

I don't really see any reason to focus on the past considering the epic failure that F&F turned out to be and the problems they've had getting Hagrids running smoothly. I see them focusing on the future, and the future looks bright. Watch out Mickey!!

Status
Not open for further replies.