Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope it's more than Nintendo...I know that may sound weird, but we've already seen the leaked art

I want to see Monster Land!!
I don't know which world it'll be, but I have a strong feeling that Nintendo will not completely s#!t on all the other worlds. They know it can't be lopsided with everybody flocking into Nintendo I think they're probably gonna shock us with everything else just as well. At least I hope.

Reactions: HPFred
I bet we get one piece of concept art that has a blurry aerial overview of the park as a background with the logo across the center in the foreground surrounded by IP groups like Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Donkey Kong, and Toothless, Hiccup, Shrek, and Panda. And Frankenstien, Count, Wolfman, and Creature. And Newt, Queenie, and a Niffler.

I would think the announcement is just for Fantastic Worlds, and whatever may be associated with it. Any other project announcements would just water down the effect of the presentation. Plenty of opportunities to make those other announcements in a piecemeal fashion.

It just so weird they are going to announce this thing this early. I guess the increase in revenue made a bigger impact than Hagrids opening. (I know neither really made a difference.)

This all sounds very exciting. Looking at the current roster is anything expected/rumoured to close this fall for replacement?

Looking at the last few years September is ripe for closures, Twister, Disaster, Dragon Challenge, T2, Sindbad, Hulk and these all tend to get announced the first week of August.

The only one I can picture would be JP but I would guess that would be next year for 2021 opening.

This all sounds very exciting. Looking at the current roster is anything expected/rumoured to close this fall for replacement?

Looking at the last few years September is ripe for closures, Twister, Disaster, Dragon Challenge, T2, Sindbad, Hulk and these all tend to get announced the first week of August.

The only one I can picture would be JP but I would guess that would be next year for 2021 opening.
Hollywoods JP ride closed for ten months to be updated to JW. Orlando would likely follow the same timeline, if Orlando is getting the updates... note that this has not been confirmed.

The only other attraction I could see closing in the near future would be Shrek if they do in fact add SLoP to USF.. but of course that's not confirmed either.

When I first saw the news on twitter I was shocked this announcement was coming so soon. With that being said I’m super excited for the announcement of as we have been seeing all this activity on the south property and speculating all this time. Hopefully they reveal FW and give some details to feed their fans.

I’d honestly be quite surprised if we get more announced than Nintendo. Now I think whether that Nintendo announcement includes Pokémon is maybe the better question. Wouldn’t be shocked at vague concept art either for the entire layout

Status
Not open for further replies.