Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d honestly be quite surprised if we get more announced than Nintendo. Now I think whether that Nintendo announcement includes Pokémon is maybe the better question. Wouldn’t be shocked at vague concept art either for the entire layout
I’d say pay attention to whom is saying what. The so-called “insiders” around here seem to agree... this is about the new park.

I’d say pay attention to whom is saying what. The so-called “insiders” around here seem to agree... this is about the new park.
Oh I meant just Nintendo confirmed with Fantastic Worlds. I’m just not sure if they’ll give us the exact layout or not

If they do show Nintendo World for the 4th park, I really hope they show something other than the Mario univerise, like the Legenda of Zelda or Kirby. Based on the concept arts, they seem to only show things from the Mario universe.

I think there's also some reading between the lines in this thread and not what's being posted but what's not being posted.

No mistake that this is about the new park and I'm sure that the people who are going to the press event have been told that already in a very indirect way.

I bet that random palm tree is ground breaking and this is a sorta ground breaking ceremony type deal. Why else would they bus media over to a random plot of land?

The vast majority of guests don’t visit all that often. They could put up a preview center next year and not lose any business

Quick google search shows the IoA preview center opened in 1997, about two years before the park opened. I bet they open something in 2021, hopefully in the airport so they can get the 40m+ tourists eyeballs on it.

Name, year, location, logo/early art. I’m not expecting anything else.

I’m only hoping for something that we don’t already know.

Something that would be a nice touch would be a M&G with some of the new characters that are coming.

Selfies with Mario and some of the Monsters will be a huge hit and set social media on fire.

Quick google search shows the IoA preview center opened in 1997, about two years before the park opened. I bet they open something in 2021, hopefully in the airport so they can get the 40m+ tourists eyeballs on it.

I’m going to be doing a massive clean at my parents house over the next few weeks and I know there’s a huge collection of photos of Orlando from the 90s that I’m hoping to digitise. I’m hoping there will be some good photos of the Preview Center in there some where and I’ll get them uploaded.

Nintendo has been announced. This is not going to be just a "Nintendo World is coming", this is "something BIG is coming and will include Nintendo and other things, and here's an idea of what it will look like".

Then, queue some fantastic artwork that is vague while specific at the same time so everyone can argue what will or will not be a part of the actual park (remember the arguments of the Diagon Dragon?) and lots of tantalizing clues...

My prediction: Short conference followed by a groundbreaking ceremony, vertical construction starts almost immediately, then local park photographers should buy their own helicopter at this point and/or just get that permanent live video feed from the top of the Starflyer up again and have people take shots from it ad nauseum.

Read a Miami Herald article that says the presentation is only going to be 20 minutes long. If true I'm wondering how much info (or in what level of detail) they'll be able to present in such a seemingly short window of time....

Most of Universal’s announcements fit in a short blog post. 20 minutes is plenty of time

My prediction: Short conference followed by a groundbreaking ceremony, vertical construction starts almost immediately, then local park photographers should buy their own helicopter at this point and/or just get that permanent live video feed from the top of the Starflyer up again and have people take shots from it ad nauseum.

Vertical construction is still ways off. They have a ton of infrastructure/utility work to do

Status
Not open for further replies.