Studio Tour | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hollywoods already been forced to use random old wearhouses throughout LA for years because the traditional lots are usually filled up. Some that come to mind are/have been Dear White People, Raising Hope, Teen Wolf, Heathers, Switched At Birth, NCIS, Chasing Life, Awkward, Kirby Buckets,... This is with many series being shot elsewhere. There were about 500 scripted shows being produced last year and everyone uses each other’s stages. Between that and growing theme park attendance both could use some more breathing room
New Data Shows Consumers Have Nearly 500 Original Scripted Shows to Watch

It's incredibly dumb..however, the thought has insanely crossed my mind of seeing Universal doing this. Especially as WB, Sony, and Paramount do this.

It's still freaking stupid though, if it happens.

I've been literally saying that the studio tour would eventually become upcharge for what, 2 years now? It's the only way to expand the park. The tour would become the unofficial 2nd gate (aka half-day experience).

For the prices that they're asking it needs to be a 3-4 hour more VIP tour experience like WB's.

While there's no way I'd pay that much for an hour tour of the same things every single time I ride, but if they possibly reduced the price, doubled the time and made it more like WB's, where you walk onto several sound stages and drove around different areas every time, maybe. You'd have to beef up the attractions on the tour as well

Reactions: rocklobsterrr_85
Only way it works is doubling the size and attraction count of the existing park.

To be honest, with the current wave of growth of Comcast and Universal's Parks and Resorts (not to mention 2028 looming), I'd assume the attraction count in the park is going to significantly increase.

I've been literally saying that the studio tour would eventually become upcharge for what, 2 years now? It's the only way to expand the park. The tour would become the unofficial 2nd gate (aka half-day experience).

For the prices that they're asking it needs to be a 3-4 hour more VIP tour experience like WB's.

Partly of a guess, but I would not be surprised if it goes through, that they incorporate some of the VIP Experiences elements, much like walking through the sets (while VIP Experience gets the exclusivity of going through the Prop Shop and one of the soundstages).

Something like this tells me that they are thinking about adding to it

As someone who's never been to USH, I must ask the question...Is the Studio Tour still relevant and necessary?

...and will people want to experience it for repeat rides if they have to pay an additional fee....or is it more likely to be a one and done attraction.