Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don’t?
Or...

11717groundbreak.jpg

The other option would be that they are not "breaking ground" yet and that would make me a sad panda.

If there was any question

Woah, "EPIC" and not "FANTASTIC"?... Epic Worlds confirmed, or am I reading too much into this?

Don't want to get into a name debate... but (here we go!)... Epic Worlds might fit better if Fantastic Beasts is going there, it would be confusing having "Fantastic Beasts" within "Fantastic Worlds" (which would be why WB may have contested this).

Trying not to read toooooo much into a tweet but should the space background imply anything? Ive gotten so used to fantastic worlds that now I need to get used to Epic Worlds if true lol. Either way though, they're hyping this thing up. Get ready!!!

I'd imagine the use of "epic" is a tease for the overall branding they might be using for the resort with the addition of the new park.

Something like:

"Fantastic Worlds, coming soon to Universal's Epic Universe"

I wonder if the logo silhouette is for the new park or for "Epic Universe" as a whole?

Universal > Universe > Spac > Stars

Reading too much.

I mean there’s the rumor of the entry way being themed to astronomy. And “Epic Universe” is trademarked.

I'd imagine the use of "epic" is a tease for the overall branding they're going to be using for the resort with the addition of the new park.

Something like:

"Fantastic Worlds part of Universal's Epic Universe"

Woof. Universal Escape 2.0

Trying not to read toooooo much into a tweet but should the space background imply anything? Ive gotten so used to fantastic worlds that now I need to get used to Epic Worlds if true lol. Either way though, they're hyping this thing up. Get ready!!!
I think the space thing is huge actually. "Worlds" implies entire planets.

Also, the little icon behind "Epic" is likely going to be the logo. I think the symbol is implicit of some sort of guidance, almost like a compass but a space compass maybe. The metallic coloring and symbol itself almost look steam punk.

My guess for the hub: space traveling theme, possible steam punk element to it. The center hub guides you to the different worlds (the spokes).

Note that I believe the symbolism of all this will be like IOA, where it's not necessary to really read into all this in order to enjoy the park.

EPIC WORLDS OF UNIVERSAL

(That is my guess)

It makes me curious it they indeed go with Epic Worlds instead of Fantastic Worlds if the change could be connected to WB's legal pressure earlier this year over the use of "Fantastic." With Universal and WB working closely in the parks in recent years, it could makes sense for Universal and Comcast to want to keep them happy. Just my own musings though, you can't 'really'say they changed the name of a park that hasn't yet been announced.

If the compass in the logo is the background and if each land or world does have a some kind centerpiece icon. I think it would be a great marketing move to have each icon appear on the logo around the compass. And would be cool for the announcement if they showed the logo with bowsers castle for example on it and then 4 other question marks saying it will be unveiled in the future, it’ll give off a better message showing the scope of the park in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.