Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't call the park something with Epic in the name.

I'm hoping that using Epic will still be the advertising campaign.

this was my thought...the word "EPIC" is already so over used in marketing of so many products. there isn't anything "unique" about it.

Fair.

But also:

I was just starting to search for hidden messages in the stars for the EPIC picture when you posted this... now realizing that the space backdrop is the exact same section of space as that Universal logo.

Please don't call the park something with Epic in the name.

I'm hoping that using Epic will still be the advertising campaign.
And people also hate "Fantastic Worlds" so they're screwed either way. We had the same arguments about Volcano Bay.

Names are a weird, because they change meaning over time.

The author of the 007 novels named the character "James Bond" because it was the dullest most boring name he could think of... now we think the name "James Bond" kicks serious ass.

"Epic Worlds" or "Fantastic Worlds" might sound stupid now, but a year after the park is open you may not think twice.

Before seeing the more detailed version, I had thought it looked like it might be something of an Astrolabe, but it's clearly not.

Sort of looks like a tunnel/portal, no? But I'm guessing that's not it and some sort of textual logo will be in the dark circle.

If thats the case, it looks like the pointed inverted V's on either side of the logo could be edges of a banner that says "Fantastic Worlds" or whatever they call it

Not sure what the circular things at the top and bottom are all about
They're very reminiscent of the upper loop on a pocket watch:
61IzFkBBZcL._UX522_.jpg

Looks like a time piece.
I'm mostly just being silly, but the light could indicate the "time" on this timepiece, pointing to 12:31.

December 31st confirmed opening date!!

upload_2019-7-29_11-47-31.png

And people also hate "Fantastic Worlds" so they're screwed either way. We had the same arguments about Volcano Bay.

Names are a weird, because they change meaning over time.

The author of the 007 novels named the character "James Bond" because it was the dullest most boring name he could think of... now we think the name "James Bond" kicks serious ass.

"Epic Worlds" or "Fantastic Worlds" might sound stupid now, but a year after the park is open you may not think twice.

People will probably just refer to it as "Worlds" anyway. Like IoA is "Islands" and US as "Studios"

Status
Not open for further replies.