Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't read these forums whenever Universal Escape was a thing, someone mind informing me of what this was?

I'd gladly do so. Universal Escape was the first name used by Universal when they changed from a singular park into a resort complex. The problem with the new name was that it confused the general public in it's marketing and inadvertently damaged the attendance levels for IOA. So, it was decided to change the name to a simpler title: Universal Orlando Resort.

That is certainly possible. Not sure if it's worth the time/effort to rebrand, that would mean there's something wrong with the UOR brand (like an untapped potential).
True. Well there may be untapped potential since Potter has been bringing this resort a lot of $$$ since it opened. Hence the water park, purchasing of Nintendo and possibly LOTR, it happens when your park is growing and evolving. Doesn't seem like change for the sake of change but more growth and evolution of their parks and resort.

Got it, thanks! I don't forsee this being the same possibly, especially considering just how much bigger Universal Parks are now compared to then.

Here’s my question:

Will this new park become the marquee park for the property? Or will the USF continue to be the primary park for the property?

Out of curiosity, if Universal somehow managed to get LOTR, would that become the most anticipated land to you guys? (yes, I know that it's 90% likely to not be in this park, but still)

Can I just say the name "Epic Worlds" would be absolutely terrible.

Did they listen to the same dumbass who named Surfside to name this park?

"Epic" is a buzzword. It'd be the equivalent of naming a park "Tubular Worlds" or "Radical Worlds" in the 80's.

Please, for the love of God, do something timeless.

Here’s my question:

Will this new park become the marquee park for the property? Or will the USF continue to be the primary park for the property?

Depends on your definition of "primary". I think the new park has a chance to beat out IoA for the best at the resort, but I don't think USF will lose its station as the park where HHN/Christmas/Mardi Gras and the like are centered around.

Out of curiosity, if Universal somehow managed to get LOTR, would that become the most anticipated land to you guys? (yes, I know that it's 90% likely to not be in this park, but still)

No. I don't think anything can match Nintendo for ride potential.

Anecdotal data but: my sister is a huge Potter fan and has never been to Universal despite several trips down. Why? Magical Express. Magical Express is the single biggest factor locking guests into a Disney stay. Remove that by offering free, fast transit to Universal and Disney can’t compete.

It always amazes me how many people are willing to be kidnapped at the airport.

Reactions: youhow2 and Andysol
Definitely not. I barley know anyone today that likes LOTR anymore and Nintendo alone will bring in loads of guests.

Hmm, makes sense then. That must be why Amazon is making a new LOTR show that is reportedly going to be the most expensive production in television history.

Listen, i'm excited about Nintendo like everyone else but i think you gotta give LOTR some credit here. It's no pushover property.

Reactions: CMM
Well, to be entirely fair, your profile picture is a image of Mario with Universal's logo slapped on it. Total respect for you Jungle but I feel like you may have some personal bias in this matter. Just sayin'.

I mean, I consider the LOTR movies to be some of the greatest cinematic achievements of all time. But there's nothing in LOTR that translates to a ride naturally, while Nintendo has so many built in ride concepts.

I mean, I consider the LOTR movies to be some of the greatest cinematic achievements of all time. But there's nothing in LOTR that translates to a ride naturally, while Nintendo has so many built in ride concepts.

Yeah... Fair enough. I have to agree with you there. I was just speaking about it on more of a "promotional" and "attendance" level.

Also LOTR is simply one franchise well "Nintendo" could mean an entire company's game library so of course the range of ride possibilities is gonna be larger for the latter.

Hmm, makes sense then. That must be why Amazon is making a new LOTR show that is reportedly going to be the most expensive production in television history.

Listen, i'm excited about Nintendo like everyone else but i think you gotta give LOTR some credit here. It's no pushover property.
Idk I guess I might have living under a rock for the past few years. From my personal experience I haven't seen much but if the Amazon show does well then maybe it could bring in a few big bucks if it came to the park. It still wouldn't be most anticipated for me, but I see where you're coming from.

True. Well there may be untapped potential since Potter has been bringing this resort a lot of $$$ since it opened. Hence the water park, purchasing of Nintendo and possibly LOTR, it happens when your park is growing and evolving. Doesn't seem like change for the sake of change but more growth and evolution of their parks and resort.
I guess I meant "untapped potential" in the name and brand for marketing purposes. I understand that Comcast definitely sees a lot more potential for growth for themselves in the next decade or two.

(Side note: I changed the wording on my post after your quoted it, nothing significant though.)

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I guess I meant "untapped potential" in the name and brand for marketing purposes. I understand that Comcast definitely sees a lot more potential for growth for themselves in the next decade or two.

(Side note: I changed the wording on my post after your quoted it, nothing significant though.)
Ah I see. Could be both!!

Status
Not open for further replies.