Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a retention pond located in the upper left hand corner of the development plans. I think a lot of people were expecting this to just be a pond shoved off to the back and basically look like this:

452.jpg

But now we know (speculate) there's an attached hotel, I'm thinking more like:

alton-towers-hotel.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the FB world will be New York or maybe even a mashup world with the old movies in London, if only because the latest Paris-set one was a flop at the Box Office. Fantastic Beasts plushies and probably a "Hogwarts Textbook" store to buy copies of the Fantastic Beasts novel. A ride where Newt loses his suitcase and you have to pokemon them all back inside, and another one centered on the Rise of Grindelwald and his followers (Grindelwald himself seems to be very well received).

Complete hypothetical but what percent if any would a surprise announcement be that Universal Orlando now owns Discovery Cove, Seaworld Orlando, and Aquatica. Especially with the rumors since Feb about it potentially with the company being up for sale..

Complete hypothetical but what percent if any would a surprise announcement be that Universal Orlando now owns Discovery Cove, Seaworld Orlando, and Aquatica. Especially with the rumors since Feb about it potentially with the company being up for sale..
That would be quite a surprise. I feel like there'd be some good rumors surrounding that by now if true.

But say it were to happen, heck yea, bring it. That would catch Uni up to Disney by 2023 in terms of number of dry theme parks and water parks. Plus I'd assume my annual pass would extend to those parks too. :)

At least HTTYD is a 1st party IP. They won't care how it's doing as a franchise if they don't have to pay for it.

Universal is going to want to use as many 1st party IPs as possible. FW is already assumed to be half 3rd party (Nintendo + FB, with DW and CM being 1st), and I'm betting Universal is not super happy about that fact.

I expect them to really push for 1st party IPs even harder in the future. So this is why my second land I am predicting for dry park 4 in 2033 is.....

F&F-Supercharged-LAND. (I'm half serious.)

Maybe it's my lack of imagination, but I'm just not picturing this. Wouldn't guests have to walk a very far distance along a narrow path to get anywhere?
I think we had a rumor about Universal developing a ride about Doctor Dolittle. I don't think that would fit anywhere in FW, but that's the only 1st party IP I can think that Comcast currently owns and isn't in the park already. Maybe that movie will be the new Avatar and Universal will anchor a land of the 4th dry park based on Dr. Dolittle 3, but I don't see that happening. lmao

I’m starting to like Epic Universe. A universe is truly epic. A world is...less grand.

The word “Epic” is of course familiar to 250million+ Fortnite players (Epic Games) so is a current modern word

Also having “Universe” in the title rather than World (Disney) will be less confusing to newbies who don’t realise that Universal and Disney parks are different things

The point is offering "free" transportation removes the initiative to leave WDW. It's seen as an extra cost that isn't needed, guests aren't familiar with local offerings, etc. I mean Disney's not offering ME out of the kindness of their hearts.
All people need to do I total up all expenses. With what you pay for a hotel at Disney (min ($140 or so) vs. what you could at UOR, taking an Uber and staying at UOR is almost certainly a monetary savings.

Nintendo won't be that small, it's the park's anchor.
I don’t think they’ll put all expansion land just in one lumped together area either. I think each land will have room for expansion.

I don't know why but every time I imagine this park. I always think that Nintedo will be to your left when you walk in and Monsters will be in the back right.

If I was to use to IOA for reference of layout. Nintendo would be MSHI, Fantastic Beasts would be Toon Lagoon, Monsters would be Harry Potter and Dreamworks would be Suess.

If there is going to be an entertainment district, I just can't understand why the hotel would be on the opposite end of the park.

The name of the park would do nothing to help or hinder the parks success. Hell half the people that go to DHS still call it “MGM”. As long as it’s a good park, it won’t matter what it’s called

The term epic has become cringe worthy. It’s like hearing someone say lit or fam. I associate those terms with someone who’s out of touch trying too hard to sound cool.

At least MGM was the park’s original name and MGM Studios sounds classic. Hollywood Studios does too. Epic Worlds sounds modern and corny IMO.

The term epic has become cringe worthy. It’s like hearing someone say lit or fam. I associate those terms with someone who’s out of touch trying too hard to sound cool.

At least MGM was the park’s original name and MGM Studios sounds classic. Hollywood Studios does too. Epic Worlds sounds modern and corny IMO.

And even if it does to you, it won’t matter as long as the park is good

I don't know why but every time I imagine this park. I always think that Nintedo will be to your left when you walk in and Monsters will be in the back right.

If I was to use to IOA for reference of layout. Nintendo would be MSHI, Fantastic Beasts would be Toon Lagoon, Monsters would be Harry Potter and Dreamworks would be Suess.

If there is going to be an entertainment district, I just can't understand why the hotel would be on the opposite end of the park.

Hotel guests will have their own entrance and parking, so I don’t think it makes a difference. If anything it makes it better for the Non-hotel guests

I think we had a rumor about Universal developing a ride about Doctor Dolittle. I don't think that would fit anywhere in FW, but that's the only 1st party IP I can think that Comcast currently owns and isn't in the park already. Maybe that movie will be the new Avatar and Universal will anchor a land of the 4th dry park based on Dr. Dolittle 3, but I don't see that happening. lmao
There's a bunch of first party IPs which aren't in the UOR parks already, including a bunch of DW and Illumination films.

Status
Not open for further replies.