Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dr. Doolittle chatter

Newt from Fantastic Beasts is just a modern day/fantasy version of Dr. Doolittle with more interesting 'animals".

I see zero chance of there being anything for Dr. Doolittle

Re: Dr. Doolittle chatter

Newt from Fantastic Beasts is just a modern day/fantasy version of Dr. Doolittle with more interesting 'animals".

Also Dr Dolittle has faced so many film issues and has the dreaded January release date....plus no trailer despite coming out in less than 6 months. It probably was something they originally wanted due to the big budget they put into it but due to outside things, it just unlike for the film to be successful enough for a theme park land.

Reactions: HPFred and Andysol
It does if they want to go to the entertainment district and the park is closed.

That would be like moving Hard Rock to behind the park.

View attachment 10330

Since the lands are separated areas of the park, I could see the hub staying open later. Hotel guests will likely want something to do when the rest of the park closes.

It’s almost guaranteed the hotel guests will get “early park hours” and a completely separate entrance will be beneficial.

Reactions: Andysol and RFRees
I keep seeing that as well and I just can't figure out why with the OCCC just across the road, it seems like a no brainer.
Spacing out investments? Build new park, hotel. Open entertainment district with attached hotel three years later.

Reactions: Alicia
I'm counting out Dr.Doolittle for Fantastic/Epic Worlds opening day 2023, but I hope you're not counting out the IP completely. Who knows where it'll be in years to come... Anything could happen to some of these IPs.

Spacing out investments? Build new park, hotel. Open entertainment district with attached hotel three years later.

There’s also far more competition right next door for the convention dollars, and the convention crowd isn’t captive like an on-site guest would be. Already a ton in that area to drawn that crowd at night. Better to build your park and flagship hotel the best you can, and then worry about an entertainment district once you have 2-3 hotels down there and more captive guests

All people need to do I total up all expenses. With what you pay for a hotel at Disney (min ($140 or so) vs. what you could at UOR, taking an Uber and staying at UOR is almost certainly a monetary savings.

This doesn't happen, as others said see “Free” dining. I keep using “free” because of the emotional investment in the concept vs actually being less money. It’s behavioral economics y’all.

What if the hub was the Entertainment District. Entrances at both ends. Stays open late. And you used your passport (or ticketless technology) to get into the Worlds. I don't think we've ever seen that done before, but it would be interesting.

Reactions: Andysol
What if the hub was the Entertainment District. Entrances at both ends. Stays open late. And you used your passport (or ticketless technology) to get into the Worlds. I don't think we've ever seen that done before, but it would be interesting.
That's exactly what was in the TPU article, that everyone is saying they canceled because it was going to be too complicated to pull off at this time.

I wonder what the hotel theme will be, it better be grandiose and immersive!!! I don't want it to look as if there is a hotel behind the park, but I"m ok with a hotel being there as long as it fits.

Reactions: HPFred
I wonder what the hotel theme will be, it better be grandiose and immersive!!! I don't want it to look as if there is a hotel behind the park, but I"m ok with a hotel being there as long as it fits.

If it's going to blend into a land...I could see it being old European themed and blending into Classic Monsters. Not that the hotel will be "scary", but that it will have a Bavarian or Prague-like look to it that fits with Monster Land.

I was wondering if it would look more like the icon and have a steampunk/space feel.... but yes the other option would be some sort of old Euro theme.

If it's just a hotel and park being built, I don't see any reason to stay at the hotel unless you're staying for two nights max.

This doesn't happen, as others said see “Free” dining. I keep using “free” because of the emotional investment in the concept vs actually being less money. It’s behavioral economics y’all.

Also add in the confusion that WDW has 4 theme parks and 2 water parks and Universal has half that but since Disney doesn't charge double, it's got to be good value for money right?

There’s also far more competition right next door for the convention dollars, and the convention crowd isn’t captive like an on-site guest would be. Already a ton in that area to drawn that crowd at night. Better to build your park and flagship hotel the best you can, and then worry about an entertainment district once you have 2-3 hotels down there and more captive guests

Also, the history of entertainment districts in Orlando has not been great. Easy to say build one, but that's a lot of money to invest in something that will almost certainly be outdated in 7 years. I think UOR playing the long game here.

Status
Not open for further replies.