Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that? It’s no different than staying at DAK Lodge or something, which is relatively remote from other Disney stuff other than DAK.

I don't see the incentive. Unless the hotel is going to be wildly superior than the current range of Premier Hotels at UOR or offer something unique like DAK with the animals roaming about, what's the advantage of staying there over the current resort?

Reactions: Andysol
I don't see the incentive. Unless the hotel is going to be wildly superior than the current range of Premier Hotels at UOR or offer something unique like DAK with the animals roaming about, what's the advantage of staying there over the current resort?

I guess personally I don't see all that much of a difference. I think this will definitely be at the very least on the same level as Portofino is, and I would imagine it will get free express. It will all depend which parks people want to be closer to.

Also, the history of entertainment districts in Orlando has not been great. Easy to say build one, but that's a lot of money to invest in something that will almost certainly be outdated in 7 years. I think UOR playing the long game here.
I think there's been some failures, but Disney Springs could be the model used good forward. I just dislike that there's no connected theme park (at Disney Springs).

Across the street is Orlando Icon and more, which I believe is also doing well, with more expansion to come (though delayed somewhat).

I think this is definitely something Universal has its eye on.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
If they build a smaller entertainment place they should focus on that. Less shops and more food and things to do. Place the escape room, grab Void for there, SNL comedy club, and so on. Give people things to do in the rain.

This is going to be exciting, got a question sorry it its been said already. With the suggested layout the "hub" is quite large, will it only be shops and services and such or will it have minor attractions in it?

Reactions: HPFred
With the anticipation of some "EPIC" news coming up - we are anticipating some adjustments that will be needed on the forums, specifically in regards to categories and sub-forums. We ask that you please allow the mods to handle the creation of new threads when the news drops as we have a plan in place. Thanks!

I guess personally I don't see all that much of a difference. I think this will definitely be at the very least on the same level as Portofino is, and I would imagine it will get free express. It will all depend which parks people want to be closer to.

For me, it's really more about proximity. Would you rather be close to two theme parks, a water park and CityWalk or just one new park?

Once the new resort expands out, it doesn't really matter. Like you said, it all comes down to personal preference.

With the anticipation of some "EPIC" news coming up - we are anticipating some adjustments that will be needed on the forums, specifically in regards to categories and sub-forums. We ask that you please allow the mods to handle the creation of new threads when the news drops as we have a plan in place. Thanks!

Biting your tongue must be killing you.

Stop asking Disney fans to do math. These are the same people that think "Free Dining" is a good deal.
Full price tickets to VB?
Families of 4 buying express passes instead of staying at a premier?
Anyone that eats at Burger Digs? :grin:

Idiots aren’t exclusive to Disney. In fact, theme parks seem to draw some of the dumbest and least cultured people I’ve ever encountered. Not sure what that says about us... ;)

Why is that? It’s no different than staying at DAK Lodge or something, which is relatively remote from other Disney stuff other than DAK.
I’m with @Scott W. here. No way I stay at this hotel more than 2 nights ever. No entertainment complex and just 1 dry park?
In fact, why would anyone not simply just do a split stay. Universal moves your bags for free between properties. So just call bell services, leave a $5-10 under the bags and head to the parks then go back to Portifino or Royal Pacific afterwards.

For me, it's really more about proximity. Would you rather be close to two theme parks, a water park and CityWalk or just one new park?

Once the new resort expands out, it doesn't really matter. Like you said, it all comes down to personal preference.

Personally I'd still stay at Cabana Bay because it hits the sweet spot of price and amenity. :lol:

But I can see "Stay in the park!" as a powerful marketing tool

There's also a possible night show, maybe your room has a great view.

I'm not paying for that, but it could be great to market.

I don’t see how the location is any different than every single Disney hotel. You have to drive to any kind of park/entertainment from just about every hotel on site. This one has at least one brand new park right there.

I mean, I consider the LOTR movies to be some of the greatest cinematic achievements of all time. But there's nothing in LOTR that translates to a ride naturally, while Nintendo has so many built in ride concepts.

About the only thing I can think of that could be made into a ride is the barrel escape in the Desolation of Smaug. I wonder if building a replica of Hobbiton and turning it into a boutique hotel would work. Maybe build 50 or so houses for families to rent. I bet there are a lot of people who would pay good money for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleSkip
Side note, I'm hoping they go all out on the pond located at the upper left section of the development map (specifically what I believe will be connected to the hotel).

I'm hoping that Cranes Roost is the model they replicate for this section, including a complete walkway around it:
latest

Last edited:
Reactions: HPFred and WAJAS
Status
Not open for further replies.