Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or what if Hellraiser is true and Pandora’s Box is the code name? It applies thematically.

Or is Hellraiser just like straight up an impossibility at this point?

Or what if Hellraiser is true and Pandora’s Box is the code name? It applies thematically.

Or is Hellraiser just like straight up an impossibility at this point?

As of right now, Hellraiser is with Miramax; so it's a bit..complicated. At-least, until a potential selling of Miramax (which I believe has been strongly alluded towards in past moments of time).

I still want Hellraiser to come. Pandoras Box sounds cool and all, but Im hoping that its just codename for Hellraiser and it actually comes.

As of right now, Hellraiser is with Miramax; so it's a bit..complicated. At-least, until a potential selling of Miramax (which I believe has been strongly alluded towards in past moments of time).

Also, you would have heard rumors of Hellraiser also springing up for Orlando's event since it'd probably be one of the major marketing IPs for both coasts if and when it ever comes..

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
All good points, particularly about Orlando. That kind of title would have to be bicoastal, though it does sort of seem like HHN is getting much more comfortable with the idea of houses that are exclusive to each region, IP or otherwise.

I wouldn't rule out Pandora being an IP, just something way smaller than Hellraiser. If it was a code, I don't know what it means at all. Songs, movie quotes, none of it makes sense. If it was just a cover up name, could it be alluding to something that we all just don't realize yet? I really am just wondering what this maze will be at this point.

I wouldn't rule out Pandora being an IP, just something way smaller than Hellraiser. If it was a code, I don't know what it means at all. Songs, movie quotes, none of it makes sense. If it was just a cover up name, could it be alluding to something that we all just don't realize yet? I really am just wondering what this maze will be at this point.

I think y’all are just being way too believing in the ability of HHN to actually hide something.

I’m just saying, don’t get disappointed if it is indeed “Greek original maze”. :lol:

I think y’all are just being way too believing in the ability of HHN to actually hide something.

I’m just saying, don’t get disappointed if it is indeed “Greek original maze”. :lol:
I mean, they’ve done a decent enough job of keeping Us (or whatever that IP is) under wraps. Unless I missed something, we’re assuming it’s Us because of a few cryptic message board posts and a casting call that could conceivably point to Us but does not actually confirm anything; it’s not like there have been large-scale leaks on social media or botched web updates on the official website. So I don’t think it’s completely outside the realm of possibility that Pandora’s Box is code for something.

I mean, they’ve done a decent enough job of keeping Us (or whatever that IP is) under wraps. Unless I missed something, we’re assuming it’s Us because of a few cryptic message board posts and a casting call that could conceivably point to Us but does not actually confirm anything; it’s not like there have been large-scale leaks on social media or botched web updates on the official website. So I don’t think it’s completely outside the realm of possibility that Pandora’s Box is code for something.

I mean, it's (Us) on both the spec maps for both coasts. It's still out there and all but accepted. It's not a "leak", but it's not hidden.

Not really, it's just that the leakers did a decent job of keeping the fact that everyone knew under wraps for once. It wasn't that the guys on the forum didn't know, it's just that they were keeping quiet. But there were bubbles under the surface for a long time; on Twitter and reddit, some guys flat out said it was Us, and there were numerous people using scissor emojis on the Orlando board that got their posts deleted. Cat was out of the bag. True, said Cat was hiding in a dark corner, but it was there if you knew where to look.

Pandora's Box itself, remember, was flat-out leaked by a random Twitter account. I think it's safe to say it's an original.

There was one time, in 2017, when The Conjuring got scrapped and no one knew what was gonna replace it. We were throwing around Hellraiser, IT, Alien, The Thing, Leatherface, etc, and we ended up having to wait til the announcement to figure it out (it was Titans of Terror). So I won't say give up hope, but I also wouldn't recommend holding your breath either, cuz that was a special case.

Everyone on the Orlando side seems to think it’s Us, I’m not so sure. I mean it was a house that was changed in May and to my understanding they started building it when it changed. It doesn’t seem to me like Us is big enough for that and Peele is willing to work with Universal so it just seems fishy they had to change a house in May for it. It could be Us and I’m just thinking to much about it but I’m not 100% convinced.

Regarding Pandora’s Box I doubt it’s an IP if it was we would have heard something by now. It might be a code name for another Original though but I doubt that.

Reactions: horrornights789
Everyone on the Orlando side seems to think it’s Us, I’m not so sure. I mean it was a house that was changed in May and to my understanding they started building it when it changed. It doesn’t seem to me like Us is big enough for that and Peele is willing to work with Universal so it just seems fishy they had to change a house in May for it. It could be Us and I’m just thinking to much about it but I’m not 100% convinced.

Movie was a big hit, fans requested it a ton in comments, Peele makes hit movies and has a future properties that are adaptable(Candyman). It makes sense that they’d wanna work with him now and strike while the iron’s hot. The actual approval of the IP was probably done after the movie was released to see if they could actually get it. My guess is they waited to see if it was a hit, and then once it was they went after it and designed the house in April until they got approval in May.

Also, Us was leaked with those casting calls. There’s no other IP I can think of that would have that much of a need for youthful looking African American casts.

Reactions: hhnlover
There was one time, in 2017, when The Conjuring got scrapped and no one knew what was gonna replace it. We were throwing around Hellraiser, IT, Alien, The Thing, Leatherface, etc, and we ended up having to wait til the announcement to figure it out (it was Titans of Terror).
Even with that, some guy in HNN leaked it.
HHN 2017 Speculation - Page 22 - Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2017 - Horror Night Nightmares | Forums

Like you said, "it was there if you knew where to look."

Reactions: rageofthegods
I'm not sure if anyone noticed on the ticket site.. but they FINALLY brought back Unlimited Front of the Line/Express.. a value that was part of the really early years of HHN before they moved to one-time FOTL/Express in 2011.. I remember the outrage on HHN Nightmares regarding that and the near-removal of the Frequent Fear Pass.. or did they bring back Unlimited Express last year and I just didn't notice? lol

I'm not sure if anyone noticed on the ticket site.. but they FINALLY brought back Unlimited Front of the Line/Express.. a value that was part of the really early years of HHN before they moved to one-time FOTL/Express in 2011.. I remember the outrage on HHN Nightmares regarding that and the near-removal of the Frequent Fear Pass.. or did they bring back Unlimited Express last year and I just didn't notice? lol

It was back last year.