Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, who cares *what* IPs the park has as long as it's quality? Look at Shanghai Disneyland. It's biggest things are a POTC land and a TRON e-ticket, both of which are based off of dead franchises. Or Tokyo DisneySea that opened with little to no IPs at all. I think we miss the forest for the trees around here more often than not. No, How To Train Your Dragon isn't Toy Story, but I will be *very* surprised if the HTTYD land doesn't beat the pants off of any Toy Story attraction across the world, and people will respond to that. I wouldn't be surprised if the Monsters Land ends up being the surprise hit of the park, much like Marvel was the surprise hit of IoA.

This is the golden rule. Plenty of great rides have came out of crappy IPs (Splash Mountain) and some crappy rides have came out of great IPs (Smuggler's Run)

Yes, the IP helps (especially when it comes to merchandise) but it can only get you so far.

I think Monsters is going to the sleeper hit as well. It's unexpected and will probably have the more intense rides. If it's being done by a smaller group with less interference for the story, it could also far surpass their recent attempts at rebooting the movies.

This is the golden rule. Plenty of great rides have came out of crappy IPs (Splash Mountain) and some crappy rides have came out of great IPs (Smuggler's Run)

Yes, the IP helps (especially when it comes to merchandise) but it can only get you so far.

I think Monsters is going to the sleeper hit as well. It's unexpected and will probably have the more intense rides. If it's being done by a smaller group with less interference for the story, it could also far surpass their recent attempts at rebooting the movies.
So you think Smugglers Run is a crappy ride ?

Im not sure why people are against a Fantastic Beasts area they scream theme park to me. Those Beasts can be made into AAs since it seems like that is where this park is going. It would make sense for them to put that in this expansion as it would also guarantee at least some of the Potter crowd to transfer over to the new park. Smart business decision if you ask me. Imagine going into Newt's case and finding all the Beasts in their own worlds? Asks for an awesome ride if you ask me. Kinda want something ET style

Im not sure why people are against a Fantastic Beasts area they scream theme park to me. Those Beasts can be made into AAs since it seems like that is where this park is going. It would make sense for them to put that in this expansion as it would also guarantee at least some of the Potter crowd to transfer over to the new park. Smart business decision if you ask me. Imagine going into Newt's case and finding all the Beasts in their own worlds? Asks for an awesome ride if you ask me. Kinda want something ET style
I just feel like the they shouldn’t dedicate entire world to it. A mini land with a ride or two is fine.

I’m not against FB, just not as excited about it as the other rumored world’s. I’m sure I’d love the land! 1920s NYC and cool creature design? Pretty solid.
I get that. I haven’t seen HTTYD yet so I’m not as excited for that potential land as others but I plan to watch honestly.

If they focus more on the main line Potter characters from that realm of the story and then mix in the FB characters to add to it, basically doing FB but making it loosely based on those characters it will be a home run imo

I get that. I haven’t seen HTTYD yet so I’m not as excited for that potential land as others but I plan to watch honestly.

Yeah you need to watch the movies...

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m most excited about SNW, UCM and Dreamworks coming. Of course we don’t know one hundred percent if these properties are going into the new park but they most likely are.

Last edited:
Sorry to be that guy but I’m truly here for all of it. Nintendo has most personal connection to me but everything rumored seems like awesome theme park properties and I got faith in Universal Creative to make this park dope

TBH Classic Monster land would be amazing to see, as a massive horror fan. I was hoping for a mini-horror museum like the one that was in House of Horror over at Hollywood. Maybe they could bring "guest curators" in to create their own exhibits, like Guillermo Del Toro (he would be all over this poop) and Andi Muschietti, and then hold weekly clipshows/supercuts of famous old horror films or something.

I feel they'll deck that land out with something action oriented because of course - a Van Helsing ride, why not? - and then have a more shadowy Horror Nights style maze off to the side somewhere. Maybe Van Helsing storms Dracula's Castle, and then there's a "tour" of an old, abandoned museum or something where the "exhibits" are waking up, like the Mummy or Frankenstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.