Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone is keeping an eye on their website to see if someone makes a mistake and puts up the reveal early. HA!

I was going to consider searching the keywords on the OUR website to see if anything stood out but I can’t for the life of me remember how to do it.

I'm counting out Dr.Doolittle for Fantastic/Epic Worlds opening day 2023, but I hope you're not counting out the IP completely. Who knows where it'll be in years to come... Anything could happen to some of these IPs.

While you can't count anything out 100%, I'm counting it out 99.99%

Sorry. Just don't see it. I don't see it being anything significant in the near or long term.

It's an old IP that doesn't need to be remade (for a 3rd time no less) but they're doing it anyway at their own peril. And while maybe it might have some modicum of success, it'll still fall behind loads of other IPs that are more popular, relevant, and successful that would be leagues ahead of it for consideration of theme park inclusion.

While you can't count anything out 100%, I'm counting it out 99.99%

Sorry. Just don't see it. I don't see it being anything significant in the near or long term.

It's an old IP that doesn't need to be remade (for a 3rd time no less) but they're doing it anyway at their own peril. And while maybe it might have some modicum of success, it'll still fall behind loads of other IPs that are more popular, relevant, and successful that would be leagues ahead of it for consideration of theme park inclusion.
Spider-man had been remade several times, it's an old IP. Comic book movies were basically a dead idea after Batman & Robin. Comic book movies were literally (literally literally, not figuratively) a joke. But things change. I'm just saying there's a chance, above your predicted 0.01%.

At least they’re allowing media to film. Just no streaming. Attractions will post their video later after the event.

I don't get what Universal's PR team is planing. You can record, and live tweet, but no streaming it.
If they'll have an official stream that could be a reason, but at the same time people would probably just not stream if they were told that.
And I also don't see Universal using an entire 20 mins block of TV to a presentation on a stage, only if it was edited (kind of like a Nintendo Direct), and you can't do that live.

I don't get what Universal's PR team is planing. You can record, and live tweet, but no streaming it.
If they'll have an official stream that could be a reason, but at the same time people would probably just not stream if they were told that.
And I also don't see Universal using an entire 20 mins block of TV to a presentation on a stage, only if it was edited (kind of like a Nintendo Direct), and you can't do that live.
Might be 5 mins on live TV, not the entire thing. That’s why I’m glad outlets like Attractions will be posting the entire thing after at least.

Spider-man had been remade several times, it's an old IP. Comic book movies were basically a dead idea after Batman & Robin. Comic book movies were literally (literally literally, not figuratively) a joke. But things change. I'm just saying there's a chance, above your predicted 0.01%.

While perhaps experiencing brief periods of downtime in the grand scheme of things, the super hero/comic genre has withstood the test of time.

Modern Superman came out in 1978 and then died with Superman IV in 1987. But it took all of 2 year for the Batman franchise to pop up. Batman and Robin then killed things in 1998. Then it took all of 2 years for X-men to come on the scene in 2000. Then from there Spider Man came along in 2002 and has been popular ever since, then the MCU.....

Dr. Doolittle, while a quaint and charming story, has never been anything to take the global audience by storm and have a lasting effect that has spanned generations.

While you may see something in it, I personally don't. And of the dozens of IPs Universal has control to do something with from a theme park perspective that would excite large volumes of park goers, I'd wager Dr. Doolittle is near the bottom of that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.