Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I come back to this thread...

tenor.gif

I can't wait to see the news drop, but I guess the best bet to see the thing would be for wait for Attractions to post the entire event, right?

More than likely people will be posting on Social Media immediately.

While we twiddle our thumbs and freak out from the waiting driving us crazy, let's take a moment to enjoy this news piece from 1997 discussing what Universal ORIGINALLY was planning to do with the land, all the way back then:

Orlando News Videos | WFTV
That overview construction pic of IoA is crazy too. The amount of change at the surrounding area is enormous.

That first random guest they interview in that package is INCREDIBLE.

“Go nuts, totally. What the hell!"
He's awesome. That guy is straight up 'Florida guy at Theme parks' in the 90's. And the 00's. And... the 10's.
Even the Florida people here can't dispute that.

Wow! I have that same press kit, but the only difference is your master plan is dated April 1994, and mine was dated September 1993 - it's super interesting to see how much changed over the course of 7 months!
That IoA mock-up in 94' is pretty similar to what we actually got. Fun to see (likely) Waterworld where Marvel is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.