Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread is about Universal’s announcement tomorrow. It’s not about Disney’s recent output or how much better/worse Universal’s output is compared to it
I actually agree with you regarding those specific Universal vs Disney topics. But there's a lot to be discussed around this announcement which does relate to Disney. I just don't want all that discussion to be lumped into the same category.

How is every single announcement of something secret always leaked, but this isn't? Most phones have specs leak weeks before they are official, same with cars and just about everything else. Something this big should have leaked. Props to UO team for keeping this under wraps, though it sucks to wait.

I think the Uni v Disney thing wasn't really a comparison between the two companies and quality but more so a big market shift about to potentially happen.

Also, anymore rumors for the Today show appearing tomorrow? Another way for them to generate buzz.

Reactions: jrn14 and RFRees
You're famous! ;)

I don't think I've seen this IOA logo before.

View attachment 10335
I had never seen that one too, but then I googled "First Universal Logo" and found this one:
ioa3logo.jpg

which is almost the same.

So of interest, for people who means the park announcement is more for investors, I believe you may be correct. USJ will have very soft attendance due to a huge boycott of Japan by their second largest foreign audience (Korea) which will very much effect next quarters numbers. Osaka is also the second most traveled location in Japan by Koreans which also part of the reason I'm suspecting.

Add in the rumoured lower attendance for Orlando Parks...they just need that strength.

So of interest, for people who means the park announcement is more for investors, I believe you may be correct. USJ will have very soft attendance due to a huge boycott of Japan by their second largest foreign audience which will very much effect next quarters numbers.

I imagine USJ could have a great 2020 with Nintendo and the Olympics.

Reactions: WAJAS
How is every single announcement of something secret always leaked, but this isn't? Most phones have specs leak weeks before they are official, same with cars and just about everything else. Something this big should have leaked. Props to UO team for keeping this under wraps, though it sucks to wait.
It already has leaked. We know the announcement is about the new park, we know the potential name of the park, we've seen concept art and models. I don't think there's really anything else that if leaked would really be new. This announcement is really all about confirmation and making it official.

It already has leaked. We know the announcement is about the new park, we know the potential name of the park, we've seen concept art and models. I don't think there's really anything else that if leaked would really be new. This announcement is really all about confirmation and making it official.

No we haven't, as far as I know. We saw models for SNW Kidzone and concept art for SNW Japan. That's it.

Reactions: truejonas and jrn14
That wasn't new concept art. It was directly lifted from Japan's SNW announcement.
Well yeah they're probably going to use the same concept art for each iteration of the land. The concept art was used to portray the Fantastic Worlds park by Universal though. Also there was quite a bit of written information in that document. In any case the point is the main details are already out there, hopefully Universal has held back some extra stuff that hasn't managed to leak and confirms a few more details.

Well... Yeah. Fair enough. But to also be fair, there's a lot of stuff we dont know yet about Fantastic Worlds. Specifically, we know about two possibilities for the park's name (Fantastic Worlds, Epic Universe), two lands (SNW, Classic Monsters), The layout of the park and that there will be a hotel connected to the hub.

Sure, that's a good portion of information but it still leaves a lot of unknowns in the mix. Well i expect a lot of this conference will be confirmation over reveals, i do also expect one or two surprises to be sprinkled in there that will give us a better idea on what this third gate will be like.

Reactions: s8film40
Well... Yeah. Fair enough. But to also be fair, there's a lot of stuff we dont know yet about Fantastic Worlds. Specifically, we know about two possibilities for the park's name (Fantastic Worlds, Epic Universe), two lands (SNW, Classic Monsters), The layout of the park and that there will be a hotel connected to the hub.

Sure, that's a good portion of information but it still leaves a lot of unknowns in the mix. Well i expect a lot of this conference will be confirmation over reveals, i do also expect one or two surprises to be sprinkled in there that will give us a better idea on what this third gate will be like.
Yeah I agree. You can't expect everything to leak before an announcement. In this case we definitely know a lot though. I'm sure there are a few things they held pretty close so they wouldn't manage to leak out. The document that was leaked shared enough to get it's point across. Now making the announcement official I'm sure there are some additional things that will make sense to release with this announcement.

Can we stop using the term "DizNoids"? I get what sort of people you're talking about, but it just feels dogmatic, needlessly antagonizing, and strangely dehumanizing.
I actually never heard that term before now, I had to repeat it because I thought it was funny. And afterwards, I felt kind of dirty. :thud:

Who else will be taking a quick bathroom break at work tomorrow around 10 AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.