Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, yeah - that image was posted on Monday and has already been discussed ad nauseum, but this thread has grown so fast it's easy to miss things!

But yes, the filename of the image is teaser_P304_b_ENG.jpg so it's 100% for the new park!

Where did you download the image from that had it’s original filename? I cannot find one from social media that does.

Reactions: tankart150
Where did you download the image from that had it’s original filename? I cannot find one from social media that does.

That was the challenge - luckily they posted it on the Universal Travel Agent site:

qpOJxxL.png

Someone help me out here I don’t speak code

304 is the project number for the new park, P304 stands for "Project 304", the b is likely just a revision indicator, and then ENG is English.

Honestly, if they can save a buck or two by cloning, and spend that money elsewhere (more rides!), then I'm fine with a clone.

Aside from Hogsmeade, which is a near exact copy at all 3 places, and Transformers, Universal doesn't outright clone too much lately. I mean, Kong and F&F are clones, but they aren't clones of the Hollywood versions, but very similar.

Disney clones plenty too. Dwarf Hill, Tron, GRR, Little Mermaid, SWGE, Ratatouille....

I will be shocked if the Orlando SNW is a clone of Japan's. It should have the Yoshi and DK rides too, at the very least. Japan's is being shoe-horned in, with multiple levels because of space issues.

I will be shocked if the Orlando SNW is a clone of Japan's. It should have the Yoshi and DK rides too, at the very least. Japan's is being shoe-horned in, with multiple levels because of space issues.

Japan's Nintendo land has the Yoshi ride. Orlando's will have that an Donkey Kong. Maybe (I stress maybe) something else. But I think the only changes will be additions, not layout to the main drag.

Aside from Hogsmeade, which is a near exact copy at all 3 places, and Transformers, Universal doesn't outright clone too much lately. I mean, Kong and F&F are clones, but they aren't clones of the Hollywood versions, but very similar.
SNW is a "clone." It's going to four locations. Each location may vary a little, but each is expected to get the exact same clone of Mario Kart. Which is fine... if it's a good ride then it should be cloned.

There's also talk of SLoP and JW getting cloned, but that's just speculation.

Yoshi is going to USJ as well though. I think we're just speculating that DK is not yet going to Japan and possible space issues.

I much prefer the multi-level design that they may move forward with for site B, partially because this leaves more land for expansion later on (like Luigi's Mansion).

Reactions: Magic-Man
Heh, yeah - that image was posted on Monday and has already been discussed ad nauseum, but this thread has grown so fast it's easy to miss things!

But yes, the filename of the image is teaser_P304_b_ENG.jpg so it's 100% for the new park!
On the actual Universal Orlando website it's filename is hero.jpg

Reactions: Magic-Man
SNW is a "clone." It's going to four locations. Each location may vary a little, but each is expected to get the exact same clone of Mario Kart. Which is fine... if it's a good ride then it should be cloned.

There's also talk of SLoP and JW getting cloned, but that's just speculation.

Yoshi is going to USJ as well though. I think we're just speculating that DK is not yet going to Japan and possible space issues.

I much prefer the multi-level design that they may move forward with for site B, partially because this leaves more land for expansion later on (like Luigi's Mansion).

I don't have a problem with the levels either, since it fits Super Mario World levels. I thought Yoshi had been cut for Japan, or shortened at least. But it will be interesting to see if this layered approach takes over. It was due to necessity, but could open a whole new world of design options, and space management. I guess it was sorta started with Transformers, and copied by Disney with RotR. I mean, it's been used for traditional dark rides for decades, but not on a huge scale.

I hope the DK coaster ends up being mostly inside, unlike what is shown. The focus should be on mine cart levels, not jungle.

Reactions: RFRees
Status
Not open for further replies.