Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

Coaster looks fine. It’s big but it looks low and going off to its own space rather than looming over neighboring stuff.
I think this will be the general theme - fully immersive lands, where you can't see in or out of. Once you're on that ride, that's it, you're on that ride. Think Hagrids for rides, and think Diagon for lands.
Nintendo is strange looking. I can tell which part is Donkey Kong but the Mario section looks really strange. I think I can see the entrance for Mario Kart (being Bowser's head again).
This is just concept art, intentionally designed to not look precisely how it'll look on opening day. They intentionally do this in case they need to change anything. It also makes sure they haven't actually announced any of the lands with showing this concept art.
So the fireworks in the concept art means they will be doing a nightly fireworks show?
I wouldn't take that as an absolute confirmation, probably just to make the concept art look more magical. But there's a high probability of having a night show, considering both USF and IOA have night shows now, and they'll want to give the hotel guests a great view (something worth paying extra for!).

Nintendo is strange looking. I can tell which part is Donkey Kong but the Mario section looks really strange. I think I can see the entrance for Mario Kart (being Bowser's head again).

Its probably because of the way the concept image was done nothing is really defined

I'm not seeing Berk at the bottom right. No rockwork, cliffs or anything that we saw in the movies. Possible a little bit there by the coaster.(the small one in the land not the big one), It might be an overall Dreamworks land, or just possibly fake art to hide the real plan for that area.

It's a placeholder, not of the lands are super fleshed out in this artwork, just ideas and tons and an early over arching visualization. Anyone skimming this art for exact details is setting themselves up for disappointment because it'll surely change.

Alicia's version
EA5EKnLWsAMAH-S
:

From UOTEAM

"I have exciting news to share with you.

Today, we announced a new theme park for Orlando. It will be called Universal’s Epic Universe and will become our fourth gate at Universal Orlando Resort. Our vision for this new park is significant: we will be creating an entirely new level of experience that forever changes theme park entertainment.

Epic Universe will be the next chapter in what is already the incredible story of Universal Parks & Resorts. And it is great news for all of us. It confirms that the support and excitement for our business shown by Brian Roberts, Steve Burke, Ron Meyer and all of Comcast NBCUniversal is strong. And their confidence in our future is just as strong.

Think about it. We just opened incredible experiences in Hollywood and Orlando. We have announced a fourth gate in Orlando. We are building an expansive and incredible destination in Beijing. We are bringing Super Nintendo World and Mario to life at Universal Studios Japan – and more.

All of this is possible because of the great work each of you do every day. Together, you innovate, provide world-class guest experiences and help lead us into the future.

Universal’s Epic Universe is only the latest example of what we do together. I am confident there will be many more.

Tom Williams
Chairman & CEO, Universal Parks & Resorts"

We expecting other dream works stuff with dragons?? I really wanted a panda land because it would be beautiful and also because I wanted there to be a Pho table service in the park

The castle for Berk is at very bottom right, cut off on most images. The HTTYD coaster will be like Hagrid's, but not as long and more family friendly. Plus, there's another attraction there.

Better be something like FJ or FOP. I know it’s super early concept but the HTTYD section looks meh.

This is concept art. I don't think Nintendo has changed, but we're also looking at the land from a totally different angle than we have before. Nintendo on the left Imo

Reactions: |Q|
If that is really a dueling launch coaster, my prediction is that it is a Night Fury / Light Fury coaster.
x1080

Dueling coaster doesn't appear to be part of HTTYD - the entrance for it is very far away from the entrance to the other land - looks like it's part of whatever area that Planetarium building is in with the path that fades out into the trees.