Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

I think making Fantastic Beasts the subject of an entire land is a mistake. That IP is already dwindling in relevance (which was arguably minuscule to begin with). I think it would be smarter to create a new land that carries the ‘Wizarding World of Harry Potter’ name ala Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley that simply includes an attraction inspired by Fantastic Beasts. In the (likely) event that Fantastic Beasts becomes completely irrelevant, this said attraction could be modified to include characters and ideas from the mainline Harry Potter stories.

We expecting other dream works stuff with dragons?? I really wanted a panda land because it would be beautiful and also because I wanted there to be a Pho table service in the park

Pho is Vietnamese. Chow Mein, Low Mein, Dandan and Hot & Sour soup are the closest you can get while still staying Chinese.

But ya- I'm torn on the HTTYD area. I think I'd rather have one huge land than a hodgepodge of 2-3 IPs, but I can see an argument for both.

Fantastic Beasts box office hasn't been tremendous, but there's 3 more films coming out. Its not irrelevant just yet, plus they are prime for theme park attractions. I personally am not a huge IP guy I more so just want good attractions. IPs sell though and this guarantees at least some of the potter crowd transferring over to the new park. I don't think its that bad at all tbh. Lets also remember they don't have endless IPs that can be used to market a new park.

I think making Fantastic Beasts the subject of an entire land is a mistake. That IP is already dwindling in relevance (which was arguably minuscule to begin with). I think it would be smarter to create a new land that carries the ‘Wizarding World of Harry Potter’ name ala Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley that simply includes an attraction inspired by Fantastic Beasts. In the (likely) event that Fantastic Beasts becomes completely irrelevant, this said attraction could be modified to include characters and ideas from the mainline Harry Potter stories.
*cough*

“Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic”

There’s a fun canonical wrinkle I only just considered - the Ministry isn’t in Diagon Alley.

So, I’m assuming through the bottom left you enter the park via the hub region. With rides and attractions in that area, does this mean that you pay to enter even the hub area? I recall at one point a discussion about the hub being open and having to pay to enter the separate lands. I’m thinking that’s not the case. Wondering also how you access the hotel seeing as it’s at the far end the park leaving you to get there from the back side? Won’t that break the aesthetic and world created in front of it?

Pho is Vietnamese. Chow Mein, Low Mein, Dandan and Hot & Sour soup are the closest you can get while still staying Chinese.

But ya- I'm torn on the HTTYD area. I think I'd rather have one huge land than a hodgepodge of 2-3 IPs, but I can see an argument for both.
Oh I thought somebody said Panda was Vietnam. My bad.

So, I’m assuming through the bottom left you enter the park via the hub region. With rides and attractions in that area, does this mean that you pay to enter even the hub area? I recall at one point a discussion about the hub being open and having to pay to enter the separate lands. I’m thinking that’s not the case. Wondering also how you access the hotel seeing as it’s at the far end the park leaving you to get there from the back side? Won’t that break the aesthetic and world created in front of it?
I think that still may be TBD. With all the technology they've been talking about with facial recognition being your admission to the parks at some point, it could be open to all with paid admission to the lands.

*cough*

“Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic”

There’s a fun canonical wrinkle I only just considered - the Ministry isn’t in Diagon Alley.

Exactly, I don't think it's Beasts and hasn't been for a bit.

------

Anyway, this is about what I expected, only disappointment is not timeline for opening. The concept art they totally fudged with to remove any defining features to hint at what they're doing. Usuals online are complaining, so Universal must be doing something right.

And FWIW I'm not a fan of the name.

Everybody knows I was totally against FB coming to the new park but seeing it in the concept art has got me excited especially since it looks to be taking place in Paris.