Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Counting up the HUB... I'm counting 7 large buildings (in red numbers) and 10+ smaller buildings (in green numbers). Large buildings are clearly attractions (coaster, indoor show, etc.), or possibly a large restaurant or shop. Smaller buildings could be shops, restaurants, restrooms, or flat rides.

The numbers themselves are not as important as the clear distinction of some of these buildings being tagged as "HUB" compared to being a part of the land. Number 4, for example, I believe is hub and not Nintendo.

View attachment 10373

There certainly seem to be too many buildings for them all to just be shops and food. Hopefully there are some worthwhile experiences in there.

I take back saying the social media team needs a raise, this is just cruel and unusual punishment

Yeah, I kind of genuinely don’t like this. I get they're trying to have fun with it, and we're all excited for the park to be confirmed, but can they really blame fans (who have known this park is coming for a couple years already, and still know much more than Universal revealed today) for wanting something a bit more concrete? Feels slightly tone-deaf to me.

@Alicia said it will be Hagrid-like

That’s very encouraging. Based on the art, it looked to me like it was almost exclusively on top of buildings and structures, which was implying something pretty minimally-themed.

From the Mack Rides press conference back in April, "The company Mack Rides has full order books until 2020 and is currently building the largest Mack Coaster ever for Universal in the USA. A new roller coaster was also briefly mentioned, but it was explained to the audience that this will not come before 2020 and possibly not in 2021 or 2022." Wonder what that could be ;)

Whoops. Guess I forgot what I said.

I'm glad you have such a creepy obsession about me and can take the time to remember.

I have a good memory, sue me. Especially when I hear bold claims.

Example: I'm not "obsessed" with @devinp267 yet I still remember he said in middle of June that Hagrid's would probably be consistently running w/ minimal downtime in 2 weeks which registered in my memory bank as "no damn way". Similar to that one. I also remember @Disneyhead said 22 attractions at one point. Not "obsessed" with him either.

But... we're off topic.

From the Mack Rides press conference back in April, "The company Mack Rides has full order books until 2020 and is currently building the largest Mack Coaster ever for Universal in the USA. A new roller coaster was also briefly mentioned, but it was explained to the audience that this will not come before 2020 and possibly not in 2021 or 2022." Wonder what that could be ;)
I think I remember someone on CoasterForce saying that Mack Rides would have a large presence in the new park.

If the Hub is Space themed it would be nice if Universal brought Space Fantasy over from Japan
27c420a26c2b3533148f67398adf4ab4.png

That building looks like it would be pretty fitting for Space Fantasy

I wish they would have a Movie Preview Attraction .A screen theater like Shrek or T2 .Where they could sneak peek new Movies Universal puts out Especially ones that have attraction in the park already .I.E. Universal Monster Movies,F & F,JW,ect.

I hope there’s some sort of transportation system around the outskirts of the park similar to MK’s Railway. It’s make the crowd flow between lands much better because not everyone would be doubling back to leave each land.

was wondering/thinking the same thing.

Would be super weird to have 2 coasters right next to one another

Technically 3 (4 if you could the dueling as 2) considering HTTYD's is right below it as well.

I hope there’s some sort of transportation system around the outskirts of the park similar to MK’s Railway. It’d make the crowd flow between lands much better because not everyone would be doubling back to leave each land.

I feel like we would've seen that in the art if it was a possibility, unfortunately.

Something like TDS electric railway would be good as well. This park is really big and will be interesting to navigate w/ the single entrance lands. Although it looks like all lands have 2 entrances.

Last edited:
While this isn't a knock against any of us I don't think people understand how small the amount of people who knew about this park was. So getting the name, confirmation of hotels, entertaininment, dining, shops, and concept art is a major major deal. I do wish they confirmed Nintendo, but I'm not totally surprised. Just keep that in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.