Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to throw this out there, since it seems most people are split between the Dreamworks area being HTTYD.
The following are worldwide box office totals:
Shrek franchise (5 movies) 3,510.8 million 2001- 2011 @ Signapore, USF
Madagascar franchise (4 movies) 2,220.5 million 2005-2014 @ Signapore
Kung Fu Panda franchise (3 movies) 1,818.6 million 2008-2016 @ Beijing, Hollywood
HTTYD Franchise (3 movies) 1,636.2 million 2010-2019 No Presence
The Croods (1 movie) 587.2 million 2013 No Presence
The Boss Baby (1 movie) 528 million 2017 No Presence
Trolls (1 movie) 346 million 2016 No Presence

Although it is fair to say there are more successful franchises than HTTYD, they already have a presence in another Universal Park. HTTYD is the highest without any presence in any Universal park. I think it was a great choice and there are more obvious choices for rides. The Madagascar ride at Singapore just seems forced to me. Also, not sure if Shrek Far Far Away and Madagascar were well received at Singapore. Are they considered successful additions to the Singapore park?

The park looks so amazing. My one wish right now is that the track for the coaster in the hub lights up. Tron does such a great job of lighting the area and I really hope that this coaster does the same.

Also just going to say that the hub looks like Atlantis to me, which is awesome! I'm not saying it is Atlantis.

Just wanted to throw this out there, since it seems most people are split between the Dreamworks area being HTTYD.
Kung Fu Panda franchise (3 movies) 1,818.6 million 2008-2016 @ Beijing, Hollywood

Although it is fair to say there are more successful franchises than HTTYD, they already have a presence in another Universal Park. HTTYD is the highest without any presence in any Universal park. I think it was a great choice and there are more obvious choices for rides. The Madagascar ride at Singapore just seems forced to me. Also, not sure if Shrek Far Far Away and Madagascar were well received at Singapore. Are they considered successful additions to the Singapore park?

The park looks so amazing. My one wish right now is that the track for the coaster in the hub lights up. Tron does such a great job of lighting the area and I really hope that this coaster does the same.

Also just going to say that the hub looks like Atlantis to me, which is awesome! I'm not saying it is Atlantis.

Something like Hangtime at Knotts Berry Farm would be fantastic!

Reactions: soilsigh
I do not know. I don't think it's an IP. Looks to be space-y discovery themed like the hub to me. (That's why I considered it a hub attraction and not a 5th world.)

This. Well, mostly.

Do you have any info on whether there might be some kind of fantasy regarding space coming?

Also maybe they decided instead of creating a huge Dreamworks world they would instead split the remaining properties between the parks.

Reactions: soilsigh
I'd be willing to bet it's a Dreamworks land, with Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls. Diversifies the land enough (Trolls - 3-8 year old, Panda/Dragon - 7-12 year olds). It would be cool to see a Shrek ride, but i think it's out of the cards.

I'd initially put my money on Madagascar for the boat ride, but with the last film coming out in 2012, I tend to doubt it. I think that will be Panda or Dragon, with the coaster most certainly being Dragon.

As of right now the HTTYD/Dreamworks area look s like toy story land. Not a great look. I know it isn’t really what it will be, but it’s what I have to go off of. Hoping that gets changed when actual build starts.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Keep in mind that there's no "CityWalk" here. So all the shopping and dining, I'm assuming, will be in the hub. While we might not get a movie theater or nightclub, I think they'll have a ton of generic shopping for people who forgot their shorts/sandals/etc. That could be a mall like store and cafeteria area.

Im so curious as well to what the building infront of classic monsters is for. Seems like it has something to do with fire and theres a big statue infront of it.

Also this is pretty early concept art, and as I said if you look at Nintendo it frankly doesn't look good on here either but we know what that land may look like already. I wouldn't worry too much. Only thing concerning me about HTTYD is lack of Rock work but theres puhlenty of time to change it!

Honestly, I'm a bit over the "1 land for an IP". So for me, losing HTTYD for an overall Dreamworks area would be fine, but I understand the thought process.

We are getting Classic Monsters and Nintendo; so those lend credence to multiple IPs with one cohesive theme; which Dreamworks doesn't allow for.
So if we went "Dreamworks", it wouldn't be cohesive and would instead be mishmashed. Less "Fantasyland" or "Classic Monsters" and more "Kidzone". And that, as we know, doesn't age as well

Am I the only one who thinks that orange circle thing up near the UCM area looks like a pokemon show or restaurant? Might be a great place for a Pokemon expansion later, especially if the show is there already.

Reactions: jrn14
Keep in mind that there's no "CityWalk" here. So all the shopping and dining, I'm assuming, will be in the hub. While we might not get a movie theater or nightclub, I think they'll have a ton of generic shopping for people who forgot their shorts/sandals/etc. That could be a mall like store and cafeteria area.

Yeah there is. It's just not seen in the concept art.

Also, that show building right near the entrance could be the Dreamworks theatre. Not sure if they're cloning much for this park other than Nintendo but just a thought. Brings it more of those Dreamworks IPs as well without touching HTTYD

Reactions: Magic-Man
Yeah there is. It's just not seen in the concept art.
I most certainly disagree. The entrance leads directly to the parking lot/guest drop off. This means the hotel guests get exactly the same experience without missing out on a CW experience.

I believe site B will follow the same development history as site

I assumed that huge building near the entrance was like the main Souvenir Store ... but I'm bad at scaling things.. Is that way to big to be a merch store?

Reactions: truejonas
I most certainly disagree. The entrance leads directly to the parking lot/guest drop off. This means the hotel guests get exactly the same experience without missing out on a CW experience.

I believe site B will follow the same development history as site

Universal confirmed that there would be an entertainment center in addition to the park and hotels. We're getting some form of a CityWalk 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.