Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

Am I the only person somewhat dissapointed that SNW at the upcoming 4th park would have ONLY Mario-related things? Unless it's part of phase 1, then it's a bit worrisome.
I'm fine them spreading Nintendo: Zelda at LC and Pokemon at KZ.

I'm hoping for 2024 and 2025 openings. Probably too hopeful.

I'm also hoping they keep it all Mario and don't jam something like Metroid into that land. I don't want it to be "videogame land." It's Mario. So if they expand to the land after opening, add Luigi's Mansion.

But Donkey Kong has been part of the Mario-related universe though, and many people associated DK as part of the Mario sub-series.

Uhhh, I'm not sure my icon has anything to do with the name Super Nintendo World though. I love Mario, but words do have meanings though.
But we’re not getting barrel throwing DK. We’re getting DK country DK. He is not Mario.

But we’re not getting barrel throwing DK. We’re getting DK country DK. He is not Mario.
Now you've made him angry, expect to see this behind you while you ride Mario Kart:
Character-dk.png

Last edited:
I think that still may be TBD. With all the technology they've been talking about with facial recognition being your admission to the parks at some point, it could be open to all with paid admission to the lands.
Per this art it seems pretty clear that there is an entry set up at the front of the hub. Not saying that this won't come to pass but based on this art it would seem that you will enter in a traditional manner at the front of the hub.

I believe per the "lore" of DK country and Mario, they are still the same ongoing story throughout the games and therefore they still exist in the same universe. In fact the DK from the barrel throwing game is the current donkey Kong's grandfather I believe.

Ok so can I rant for a second....

When I was a kid, I used to love building theme parks out of cereal boxes and one of the parks that I did was on Atlantis. The hub resonates for me with this theme. The three middle sections of the hub play with the theme of water. In addition, the three buildings in those sections are in water. Whether these buildings are attractions, carousels, restaurants, they all seem like they are about water is some form. The hotel even seems like it has an aquarium to me. I know that the center of the hotel being an aquarium is unlikely, but I can't help that idea popping into my head.

It was theorized by even Plato that Atlantis was a portal with a multitude of languages being spoken. The supposed technology that was found there would be far advanced than anything that was seen. I think it would be cool if they went with this storyline. Atlantis provides portals to other worlds.

I know it is ridiculous but you never know....

Exciting!!!

Few things I haven't seen mentioned across the threads (I know it's concept art not actual plans, just my observations):
  1. Doesn't feel like the hub has a theme - more a collection of different things within gardens - like USF but with landscaping :)
  2. Looks like a Spash battle ride in the center of HTTYD
  3. No steam punk or portals, general park buildings look more greecian
  4. Could be another ride/attraction within the hotel itself

Other than that I hope the HTTYD area is just bad concept art as I'd be truly dissapointed not to get a deeply themed immersive Berk. It's the only land which doesn't feel immersive on the concept art which stands out.

Last edited:
this is definitely a much more detailed concept art than, say the Epcot one at D23 was 2 years ago, but naturally that doesn't mean it won't change a lot.

It also appears that each land will have a bit of a closed off entrance area (think like entering Diagon Alley from London), so you're more immersed in the land and not just be able to see the different lands from another, so that should be nice if it's true. One problem I have with IOA is that it's basically just one big pathway and I never feel 100% immersed in each land, since the other lands are so close (I mean, seeing Hogwart's through the JP sign?)

I believe per the "lore" of DK country and Mario, they are still the same ongoing story throughout the games and therefore they still exist in the same universe. In fact the DK from the barrel throwing game is the current donkey Kong's grandfather I believe.
Yep!

I'm addition, DK and Diddy are in several Mario games including Kart, Party, Tennis, Olympics, etc. They even have DK levels in Party and Kart.

Last edited: