Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate that some posters are already spinning the narrative that Uni is somehow gonna neglect it’s current parks. They can work on things simultaneously that’s why Creative has ramped up hiring.
Disney would absolutely neglect new rides in at least all their current Florida parks while they built a new park. People made excuses for them cutting things in other parks because shanghai costed a lot and didn't immediately have 20 million guests in the first year.

Anyway I don't get the fountain. You have your major icon as a hotel for the central hub (lame) but fireworks that happen behind and to the side of the hotel while the main fountain show with that happens in front of the hotel? Add in some projection mapping and that splits the viewing from the hotel even worse. I don't get already having one fountain show and then making another either. I would assume given the hotel in front and wanting to make it different they are going for 400 ft fountains but that is still on a split hotel view for fireworks.

Also to mention. This press conference was just a bunch of dudes patting themselves on the back and announcing something with almost no new news. Lame.

Disney would absolutely neglect new rides in at least all their current Florida parks while they built a new park. People made excuses for them cutting things in other parks because shanghai costed a lot and didn't immediately have 20 million guests in the first year.

Anyway I don't get the fountain. You have your major icon as a hotel for the central hub (lame) but fireworks that happen behind and to the side of the hotel while the main fountain show with that happens in front of the hotel? Add in some projection mapping and that splits the viewing from the hotel even worse. I don't get already having one fountain show and then making another either. I would assume given the hotel in front and wanting to make it different they are going for 400 ft fountains but that is still on a split hotel view for fireworks.

I think people are reading way too far into the fireworks in the art

Yea...I'm still leaning towards original.
The coaster and the planetarium looking thing matches the hub to me. Spacey. Exploration. Timeless yet futuristic. Like Discovery Bay but modern and slick.

The fireworks will be set off from the lagoon directly behind the hotel. Similar to Magic Kingdom behind the castle.

The coaster and the planetarium looking thing matches the hub to me. Spacey. Exploration. Timeless yet futuristic. Like Discovery Bay but modern and slick.

The fireworks will be set off from the lagoon directly behind the hotel. Similar to Magic Kingdom behind the castle.
Anything you wanna share with us ??? :grin:

Reactions: Tyc00n96
I think people are reading way too far into the fireworks in the art
Fireworks would definitely happen where most people in the park could see them. A prime on site hotel would likely want nighttime viewing as a major selling point. I don't really think that is hard to understand. Seemingly a new park would want to incorporate other things like fountains/projection mapping/lasers/lights/etc that would enhance such show. Maybe you aren't aware but people spend upwards of $70 per person for some desserts and a prime spot at Disney just to see some fireworks that are actually included in the entrance ticket? I'm pretty well sure universal knows about that. Now weather or not this hotel has a good view of everything outright they may try to package some *discounted upcharges to only these guests or include viewing areas in a stay which might make sense.

The amount of fireworks in this in this concept art is very deliberate.

Just remember this is concept art. It’s meant to make people excited, not to be used as an exact model.

This art is giving me major Epcot Overhaul vibes and we know that that overhaul is ... not gonna look like that art from D23 lol.

This park is still a few years away. I’m positive styles and choices will shift, concessions will be made, etc. Besides, Uni has already said they don’t want to give away any details yet, so this art is designed to be vague. A hotel here, a fountain there, scatter some buildings around the hub: Present a concept.

Concept art is great, but it also lies haha.

That being said, the scale and scope that they’re presenting is incredible. This is a gargantuan project and I can’t wait to see what they do.

Just remember this is concept art. It’s meant to make people excited, not to be used as an exact model.

This art is giving me major Epcot Overhaul vibes and we know that that overhaul is ... not gonna look like that art from D23 lol.

This park is still a few years away. I’m positive styles and choices will shift, concessions will be made, etc. Besides, Uni has already said they don’t want to give away any details yet, so this art is designed to be vague. A hotel here, a fountain there, scatter some buildings around the hub: Present a concept.

Concept art is great, but it also lies haha.

That being said, the scale and scope that they’re presenting is incredible. This is a gargantuan project and I can’t wait to see what they do.
I didn’t want to say it but this concept art does remind of the Epcot renovation project.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
The Ministry ride has been long scooped by the new park, so it's all a bit unfortunately moot.

Unless they really do both London and Paris' ministry.

I wasn't speculating. ;)

brianlo said:
Anyone heard any whispers about a ‘record breaking’ coaster?

It doesn’t exactly fit into any of the four lands though. Who knows what it is breaking... length?

brianlo said:
I think they are considering Super Nintendo World one overarching entity.

In the same vein that Dreamworks encapsulates multiple properties. But I've legitimately only heard of HTTYD for that section so far.

Quoting for posterity, was trying to drop some hints/send out feelers.

As people have probably figured out (need to catch up on this thread)... the four lands are Monsters, HTTYD (NOT Dreamworks as was widely reported), Paris' Fantastic Beasts (NOT New York as was widely speculated) and an unchanged Super Nintendo World from the original Kidzone concept.

Plus that coaster, which apparently breaks a record length and doesn't actually fall in our four main lands.

Whew! Took me all day to catch up.

Surprised at the small turnout of the event. Hearing that it was going to be at the OCCC, I expected a turnout similar to Apple's WWDC. With such a short presentation and no livestreaming, I guess it makes sense that the audience was limited.
Glad we got to see concept art of the new park. Looks beautiful even if it isn't heavily detailed. Gives just enough to prompt speculation, but not give away the farm.

Anyway, it's a great time for the entire theme park industry - not just Universal. Competition is great and will push the industry to constantly one-up another.

Congrats to UOR for growing their resort! Meanwhile, here at Hollywood, we still have only one gate. :(

Reactions: truejonas
Quoting for posterity, was trying to drop some hints/send out feelers.

As people have probably figured out (need to catch up on this thread)... the four lands are Monsters, HTTYD (NOT Dreamworks as was widely reported), Paris' Fantastic Beasts (NOT New York as was widely speculated) and an unchanged Super Nintendo World from the original Kidzone concept.

Plus that coaster, which apparently breaks a record length and doesn't actually fall in our four main lands.
:thumbsup::toast: good hints

Reactions: brianlo and WAJAS
Congrats to UOR for growing their resort! Meanwhile, here at Hollywood, we still have only one gate. :(

Well, we do have a MK ride being currently built at USH a bit. Due to being incredible landlocked the park is (due to being next to the Studio Tour, the nearby Golf Course, the films/TV shows being shot at the backlot, etc), we may never get a second park.

Well, we do have a MK ride being currently built at USH a bit. Due to being incredible landlocked the park is (due to being next to the Studio Tour, the nearby Golf Course, the films/TV shows being shot at the backlot, etc), we may never get a second park.

I know, but we're only getting MK. At least we got the JW retheme before Orlando and will get SLoP and SNW (albeit the smallest version) before they do, but still. They're getting a whole brand new park with great future expansion potential. Hard not to be jealous of that.