Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if Mack really is making a coaster for the park that it’d be the HTTYD one
In that case, I’m really hoping for an Inverted Powered Coaster. I know the concept art displays a sit-down, but I think the powered coaster model would be more visually striking and different from the other coasters at the park.

I don't think he understands what it is. As far as I know there's only one left in the US - The Racer at Kennywood - right?
There's a newer version of a Racer at Hershey. There used to be one at Kings Island, but I'm not sure if it's still there or not. Kennywood's is almost 100 years old now....but still in great shape.

I'm legit surprised they went with a Sky Fly and not some Flying Scooters. Sky Fly can be pretty intense if you know what you're doing, but then again that's also pretty cool. Varying degrees of intensity for the riders.

For those wondering...this is what you can do on this ride if you really want to.

Holy crap that's hilarious.

Two thoughts:
- The hub looks AMAZING and it looks like there may be quite a few rides there, hopefully all original.

- Looking at how weak the IPs are to anchor this park aside from Nintendo, it really makes me feel like them going with JW at IOA is a mistake as it would’ve been a big IP for this park.

And if the FB land was actually the ministry of magic LONDON ?
For You Paris or London

For clarification, is a Mack Splash Battle basically a boat ride shrunk down to "flat ride" scope/scale?

I'd like to get at least one proper, full-scale boat ride in this park somewhere.

It's a bit more than a 'normal' flat ride and can vary in length.

And if the FB land was actually the ministry of magic LONDON ?
For You Paris or London

I'd say it's very unlikely to be London. Those buildings look very Parisian - sloping roofs with windows.

Two thoughts:
- Looking at how weak the IPs are to anchor this park aside from Nintendo, it really makes me feel like them going with JW at IOA is a mistake as it would’ve been a big IP for this park.

It makes me wonder just how close they were to putting JW in this park, and if it would have been at the expense of one of the other lands.

Some of the rides I am seeing are making me a bit "meh". I don't like Six Flags style rides at Universal or Disney. I am a bit more forgiving for children's rides or "family rides" (One Fish Two Fish/Disney Teacups) as long as they are highly themed. I have confidence in Universal that we will end up with an incredible park but I'm not seeing a lot of specific stuff to get excited about yet other than Nintendo. I will say that I absolutely LOVE the hotel with direct entry to the park. I can't believe it took this long for an Orlando park to do this!

The art looks great, if not a bit more vague than I would’ve expected. I love the idea of original concepts having a presence, but I’d imagine that those rides will have less margin for error. It’ll be interesting to see how they can generate interest for them. On the other side of the coin, I agree with those saying that the IPs seem somewhat underwhelming. I think that Nintendo and the monster land will be absolutely terrific, but I wonder if the others are enough to support full-fledged worlds. I personally don’t really view any of the Dreamworks properties as being strong enough on their own, but pretty good when taken all together. An Islands-style section with multiple similar properties seems like a better bet to me.

I understand the aversion to flat rides at theme parks and I'm usually there with you, but I think if they theming is really strong it won't be too offensive.

I am very offended by triceratops spin lol... It's the only one in the Uni or Dis parks that really offends me lol

Two thoughts on HTTYD:
(1) They're moderate hits, at best, but people who like the films LOVE them. A smaller fanbase but possibly the same level of intensity as Potter.
(2) Vikings and dragons are two of those timeless archetypes where you don't really need to see the movie to know what's going on or be impressed. I think this is one of Dreamwork's strengths--Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar similar.

Thought on the Hub: could it be a mix of mini-lands? Scooby Land by Transylvania, Space Land by Potter ... maybe carousel is Trolls? In other words, a mix of IPs and original concepts. A Sanrio mini-land/shop could fit here easily. SpongeBob, too. Quite a number of minor IPs, actually.

I understand the aversion to flat rides at theme parks and I'm usually there with you, but I think if they theming is really strong it won't be too offensive.

I am very offended by triceratops spin lol... It's the only one in the Uni or Dis parks that really offends me lol
The only thing that offends me about Uni and Disney flat rides to date is how lame they are. They're almost always just a Dumbo variant. So seeing the Sky Fly in there has me hyped. There are so many fun, themable flat rides that it's so annoying that all they ever go with is *another* Dumbo

I'm with you, but at the same time, I also get offended at an unused space of land like Green Eggs and Ham.

I'm getting major Kingdom Hearts vibes from this park. Hub is space-themed, and you journey to different worlds. All different worlds in one universe.

Dragons is the only odd one out for me. That being said, I have not seen the films. I think a general DreamWorks area would work out better. I always thought a highly-themed Shrek area would generate a lot of interest. A swamp boat ride would be super cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.