Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting this in the right thread:

They have the potential to have the best night time show in the Orlando and certainly for Universal.

They’ll be able to do real fireworks, they’ll be able to do projection mapping on the hotel, and they’ll be able to incorporate the fountains into the mix as well.

———-

Another subject:

The hub is clearly the largest ‘land’ in the park. What if they choose to restrict access to each land based on a “queue-less” experience. You get monsters for “x” allotted time, Nintendo for “x”, etc.

This would help explain the single entrance and non-connecting lands. They can control and project crowds/attendance to each land that way.

Knowing how universal and disney; but especially universal would like to see a queue-less experience, I could see them enacting something like that.

It’s interesting to discuss, if nothing else.

The only thing I’m really nervous about it is virtual wait times. Praying that it doesn’t happen.

I mean, I don't mind them, if they're not the ONLY way to get on the ride. I'd prefer them over traditional Express.

Then again, FastPass+ sucks, so maybe I'll just let the rich have shorter lines and everyone else wait patiently.

Related to wish lists: I'm hoping they pop up a new AP for these, or at least let us oldies grandfather in with our current pass. In my mind, do a 3-dry park pass, 2-dry park "legacy" pass, and VB can be added on to whatever you have. (I tell myself that paying more for a third park is a bad thing, but then again, I'm sure it'll still be more reasonable than Disney's APs.)

I personally doubt the park will be queueless. *Maybe*certain rides, but not everything.

Anyway...reposting this from the wrong thread:

Just from the concept art:
-Racer Coaster Track 1
-Racer Coaster Track 2
-Hub Carousel
-Mario Kart
-Yoshi
-DK Coaster
-HTTYD Coaster
-HTTYD Mack Splash Battle
-HTTYD Gerstlauer Sky Fly

Then going by rumors:
-Monsters E-Ticket
-Monsters D-ticket
-Potter E-ticket
-Potter E-ticket
EDIT: Just saw Alicia said HTTYD will have EIGHT rides
-HTTYD ride 4
-HTTYD ride 5
-HTTYD ride 6
-HTTYD ride 7
-HTTYD ride 8

So at that point we're up to 18 rides. I'd be *really* surprised if there weren't more rides in some of those other buildings in the hub as well, not to mention the 2 big show buildings in HTTYD that are unidentifiable.

Then non-ride attractions:
-Amphitheater
-Monsters Walkthrough
-Nintendo Play Area
-HTTYD Play Area

Two Potter E-Tickets? EIGHT rides in HTTYD? I should probably watch those movies..

I just want a Creature of the Black Lagoon boat ride.. pleaaase.

If they could only manage a grand-scale Knockturn Alley vibe with Monsters.. the entire land under a roof.. let me dream :drool:

Yes!! Knockturn Alley is the only distinctly horror themed area in a major theme park at the moment and the vibe and atmosphere is so thick you can slice through it! Imagine what they can do with a full Monsters land! I’m not expecting a HHN Scarezone to be clear, but imagine the possibilities for eerie imagery or creepy music that can just make the land feel so much more unique than anything we’ve ever gotten in a Florida park.

For Creature of the Black Lagoon... Hear me out...

Would a 360 screenz ride with a driverless boat work for this? Think Kong but on a boat. Throw in some fx like wind, fog, waves, splashing, and some scenes with animatronics (creature popping out of water).

Theme Parks like to reuse ride concepts (it's cheaper and often safer from technical difficulties), so I think this is at least minimally possible.

Because the way the street splits, what if one street is Parisian and leads to Paris Ministry and the other London or NY leads to a different indoor Ministry? Could be a cool way to experience more than one at a grand scale.

The Nintendo plans call for real queues. Like Waterworld in Hollywood, it seems like Universal knows that some attractions can handle Virtual Line, and others cannot.

Interesting.

[Derailing]
Let's destroy the queue of F&F and build build a nice show arena, seeing as it can handle a Virtual Line. :)
[Back on track]

I personally doubt the park will be queueless. *Maybe*certain rides, but not everything.

Anyway...reposting this from the wrong thread:

Just from the concept art:
-Racer Coaster Track 1
-Racer Coaster Track 2
-Hub Carousel
-Mario Kart
-Yoshi
-DK Coaster
-HTTYD Coaster
-HTTYD Mack Splash Battle
-HTTYD Gerstlauer Sky Fly

Then going by rumors:
-Monsters E-Ticket
-Monsters D-ticket
-Potter E-ticket
-Potter E-ticket
EDIT: Just saw Alicia said HTTYD will have EIGHT rides
-HTTYD ride 4
-HTTYD ride 5
-HTTYD ride 6
-HTTYD ride 7
-HTTYD ride 8

So at that point we're up to 18 rides. I'd be *really* surprised if there weren't more rides in some of those other buildings in the hub as well, not to mention the 2 big show buildings in HTTYD that are unidentifiable.

Then non-ride attractions:
-Amphitheater
-Monsters Walkthrough
-Nintendo Play Area
-HTTYD Play Area

When it's laid out like this, DANG. If everything currently planned comes to fruition, this is gonna be a great park.

Not sure how I feel about an entire land being based on HTTYD...I was looking forward to a Dreamworks land with several mini-lands within it, like Far Far Away (Shrek) something for Kung Fu Panda and Berk (HTTYD)...

Guess I should probably watch the HTTYD movies :shrug:
Yes, please watch the movies.

I'm really confused why so many people wanted to cram together IPs with no coherence. (@JungleSkip thinks the same about Nintendo)

When I go to a land at a theme park, I want to be able to imagine I am actually there. Diagon does this, Hogsmeade does this, Avatar does this, SGE is aiming to do this. This isn't a new concept - Epcot aimed to do this decades ago.

But many other areas in the past have failed to replicate this feeling, including KidZone, Toon Lagoon, Marvel, etc. I'm afraid that if you throw a bunch of IPs together it's going to feel less Diagon and more KidZone.

Wow, 8 rides will be quite something for a single land. Makes me really excited for this new park. I think Universal has set the bar extremely high if the real park ends up looking anything like the concept art.

I'm also intrigued by these two large buildings by the entrance. @Alicia have you heard much about these? The one on the left certainly looks big enough for an attraction.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 16.24.00.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 16.24.00.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Halloween Horror Nights... I wonder if they have any desire to expand it?

Especially when 3/4 of the IP's are Halloween primed. Also with the large expansion pads perfectly capable of accommodating mazes.

Status
Not open for further replies.