Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags New England

May 8, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Figured I'd start this thread to discuss SFNE.

It appears for 2018, they will be adding a Zamperla Giant Discovery:

http://www.agawam.ma.us/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_08172017-399
_08172017-399-page-001.jpg Here's a pic of the one installed at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.:
SixFlagsWonderWoman-018resave.jpg

As far as where it will go is still up in the air. There are rumors of the Tea Cups being removed (or moved) since they are not listed as being open for Holiday In The Park. Also the Slingshot may be on the chopping block as well. If they were to put it in this location, I believe it will be themed as Riddler's Revenge (like the one at SFOT).

The other rumored location is across the the Hall Of Justice in front/beside the wild mouse coaster. If there It would likely be themed as pictured above with the popularity of Wonder Woman.

My original home park - used to go every summer as a kid. Last time I went was back in 2015, the only time I've been since 2004.

Rmc is the best thing to happen to six flags maybe ever. Some of the parks had one world class coaster but now two at least is a stop on a combo with other parks.

New for 2018: HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity!
SFNE New 2018 | Six Flags New England

Agawam, MA. — August 31, 2017 —Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its newest attraction, HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity, to open in spring 2018. Inspired by The Joker’s partner-in-crime, this ride promises to deliver epic thrills each time guests experience this villainous, new addition.

“Innovation is part of the Six Flags DNA and we deliver new, groundbreaking attractions every season at Six Flags New England,” said Park President John Winkler. “HARLEY QUINN is an iconic DC Super-Villain and we are excited to add this action-packed thrill ride with her name next to THE JOKER, BATMAN, and SUPERMAN in our extremely popular line-up of DC branded attractions.”

HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity is an extreme pendulum ride that will swing guests back and forth, higher and higher, at up to 70 miles per hour on a dizzying journey that will leave riders feeling as wild and out of control as HARLEY QUINN herself.
HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity highlights include:

 40 riders will be powered at speeds of nearly 70 miles per hour;
 The ride swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise; and
 As guests swing higher and higher, they will experience a feeling of weightlessness at
147 feet in the air before plunging down from 15 stories.

HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity will be located near the park’s newest attraction, THE JOKER 4D Free Fly Coaster, which opened earlier this year.

hqspinsanitysfne1.JPG
hqspinsanitysfne3.JPG
hqspinsanitysfne2.JPG

Last edited:
Headed here tomorrow, will try to take some pictures and do a trip report. Planning on doing the main park and spending some time at Hurricane Harbor as well.
Right down the street from Six Flags is a tiny pizza joint called Nicky's Pizza. Pizza is amazing, and WAY cheaper than Six Flags. Go eat there. :thumbsup:

Right down the street from Six Flags is a tiny pizza joint called Nicky's Pizza. Pizza is amazing, and WAY cheaper than Six Flags. Go eat there. :thumbsup:
I’ll see if we have time. We may be going to the Springfield MGM Grand afterwards, but I’ll look into their hours and maybe do it in between. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Man...wish I knew that last week! I visited for the first time and wished we had spent less on food lol.
Also, (not to make you feel worse) ONE slice of pizza there is about the size of your face. Massive, cheap, and old school good. :thumbsup:

I went there last summer, and really loved Superman and Twisted Cyclone. Their Houdini isn't as good as SFGAdv, though.
Easily my two favorite rides in the park. I do enjoy Houdini - it’s fairly unique as far as Six Flags attractions go. The audio levels were extremely low however, which did hinder the experience.

Long before I moved to Orlando, this was my backyard amusement playground from about 2000-2004, when I moved out of Mass. It was the first exposure I had to “big thrill” rides and although the park has changed, I still get nostalgic about it as I have many memories of coming here with my cousins and other family members when I was younger.

Anyway, onto my thoughts after a long day in the park:
  • Crowds were very low all day. Never waited more than 30 minutes for anything. Ops were pretty lackadaisical on many of the flat rides and even some of the coasters. However, on the major rides like Superman, Wicked Cyclone, Batman, etc, it was quick loading and fast moving.
  • I really wanted to yank the microphones from some of the ride operator Team Members. They were far and away abusing it and in some cases just goofing off.
  • This version of Superman: The Ride is still one of the best coasters in the world, even after all of these years.
  • Wicked Cyclone is just pure fun and I can’t wait until we have one of these RMC machines at BGT.
  • The food was mediocre at best. We got a family chicken and fries basket (along with four drinks). Chicken was fine, fries were incredibly bland. We asked about lids and straws with our drink as we saw that the TM had a cup with both. We asked and her response was “I got this from the cafe”. ...OK? IMO, if they are going to allow team members to have things guests can’t, they shouldn’t have it on display in front of guests faces. But that’s just me.
  • Did some of the newer rides since the last time I had been - The Joker, Harley Quinn Spinsanity and Cyborg: Hyper Drive. All were fun, if not similar in that they’re sort of small scale additions (and 2 of 3 were flats).
  • It had been a LONG time since I did the Houdini attraction, as I said above, unique for a Six Flags park and fun, but audio levels were way off.
  • Entertainment options were slim to none. I noticed some Looney Toons out doing M&Gs every once in awhile and there was a Caribbean act playing in Hurricane Harbor, but that was really it. I do realize that that’s not why people visit a six flags park, though.
I feel like this park on the whole is pretty solid. Blizzard River is one of the better raft rides i’ve been on behind Popeye (Disclaimer: I haven’t been on Infinity Falls). Scream! - formerly Hellevator - is a pretty standard drop tower, yet somehow manages to be better than Doom. Superman and Wicked Cyclone are better pure coasters than anything in Orlando.

Obviously it’s a Six Flags and you’re only going to get a certain level of quality and I think I laid out a lot of flaws. After a series of small additions, I think after almost 20 years of Superman being open, it’s time that they make another big build and finally go for a giga coaster. I noticed they don’t seem to have a ton of expansion room, but the DC Adventures land is fairly minimal and there’s some things that I feel are disposable down there to make room (Arkham coaster, Catwoman’s Whip, etc).

I’m about to wake up this thread... lol

SFNE just removed Goliath from the park map after being pretty much inoperable for the past few years. I’ve heard rumors that Goliath will be given a maintenance overhaul, new trains, and be shipped to Frontier City. Do we see anything filling this spot anytime soon? I’ve heard rumors of a Powersplash, but I think the park could do better for this chunk of land. There are also rumors of an S&S air launch like Maxx Force, which would be the best option, but that would require Flashback to be removed as well if the park doesn’t want to get real creative. A raptor could fit here as well, but the land is too big to be completely filled by the clone base-model like WW. Could we see a custom layout if this is the case? These are the only rumors I’ve heard, and it seems like the park might pick between the three, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any other options. What are your thoughts?

I’m about to wake up this thread... lol

SFNE just removed Goliath from the park map after being pretty much inoperable for the past few years. I’ve heard rumors that Goliath will be given a maintenance overhaul, new trains, and be shipped to Frontier City. Do we see anything filling this spot anytime soon? I’ve heard rumors of a Powersplash, but I think the park could do better for this chunk of land. There are also rumors of an S&S air launch like Maxx Force, which would be the best option, but that would require Flashback to be removed as well if the park doesn’t want to get real creative. A raptor could fit here as well, but the land is too big to be completely filled by the clone base-model like WW. Could we see a custom layout if this is the case? These are the only rumors I’ve heard, and it seems like the park might pick between the three, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any other options. What are your thoughts?

I was a ride op for Goliath a few years ago (as well as Flashback), and I think we all knew this thing was a ticking time bomb. Probably spent more time giving the "Goliath is experiencing minor technical difficulties" spiel than I did actually working the ride. Flashback has had a good run, especially for a ride that operated in Japan IIRC prior to being at SFNE. It's got many issues of its own, so it wouldn't break my heart to see that space freed up as well.

I'm too out of the loop to even know or care what they're planning at this point, but they could really do some fun stuff with all that land if they are smart.

Yeah, get rid of Goliath and the freakin ancient Flashback (that thing dates back to 1985 and SFNE is its third location). These kind of coasters are probably my least favorite kind of coaster and the amount of land the two take up is ridiculous. They haven't really *added* a new world class coaster to this park since Superman: The Ride (still one of my favorite coasters) back in 2000. I'll give them Batman: The Dark Knight though, which was 2002.

And even with as good and as much of an upgrade Wicked Cyclone is, it's not an addition. It's an RMC reconstruct/retrack, so the ride was already existing. This would be a chance to take out an unreliable ride in Goliath and an ever aging ride in Flashback and replace it with something truly top of the line.

Yeah, get rid of Goliath and the freakin ancient Flashback (that thing dates back to 1985 and SFNE is its third location). These kind of coasters are probably my least favorite kind of coaster and the amount of land the two take up is ridiculous. They haven't really *added* a new world class coaster to this park since Superman: The Ride (still one of my favorite coasters) back in 2000. I'll give them Batman: The Dark Knight though, which was 2002.

And even with as good and as much of an upgrade Wicked Cyclone is, it's not an addition. It's an RMC reconstruct/retrack, so the ride was already existing. This would be a chance to take out an unreliable ride in Goliath and an ever aging ride in Flashback and replace it with something truly top of the line.
This might not mean anything, but at the Dino JP rip off event I noticed that both a TRex and a raptor were put right next to Goliath. Might be a big coincidence, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we got some rmc single rail action pretty soon. This spot seems like a great choice for an intense, compact coaster. There’s also the maintenance shed behind Tomahawk and WiCy that was rumored to be demolished, so if an RMC single rail goes here, they could fit a custom layout in the Goliath plot that pops over the midway and continues its layout where this shed is before diving back into the former Goliath station. This would fit the western theme great as well. I think that this might finally be our big year, as they’ve been bulking up the park with filler attractions, almost like they’re trying to improve capacity for the influx of people that would arrive for a new coaster. If they went this route, they wouldn’t even need to remove Flashback. If RMC comes out with a launched raptor, that would give us a third part of the one-two punch and fill a gap in the park lineup, but let’s not get too crazy here... I think that SFNE is to Six Flags what CGA is to Cedar Fair, a strong, mid-size park with the potential to become elite, it just needs some TLC