Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but can I ask a very serious question... WHY in sam hell would you want something so beautifully done to be open to the public for free?
1) Imagine how crowded it will be during those hours, with people who "didn't pay for an all day ticket" perhaps having better seating to the entertainment/water shows/fireworks.
2) Imagine the kind of people who flock to free things... Not usually the classiest or most respectful folk.
3) If you live in the area you'll likely already have a season pass. And if you're visiting... you're gonna have an all day ticket.

So yeah I just don't understand this fascination with the hub being open to the public for free and the unbelievable nightmare that would be.
What's so different from this idea compared to Disney Springs or CW? Disney Springs runs just fine on a free model. The hub would be the same concept, except you could also charge your freebie guests to ride major attractions.

Also... the people at Disney Springs are fine people. :p

EDIT
Just as a side note, I want this idea to happen mostly because I want a 'late night' experience out of Epic Universe. For example, tonight IOA is closing at 9pm (which is actually pretty late!), but CW stays open until 2am... if Epic Universe closes at 9pm, that's 5 hours of lost opportunity. If I can stay in the hub and still ride the dueling coaster at 11pm, that to me is awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: LJGonz
I wish I knew what a Sky Fly was.

Something I've noticed (which is kind of ironic) is that there isn't as many rumors for what will be found in the Wizarding World. Would we expect a Newt's suitcase kind of experience, maybe an omnimover?
I think someone posted a tweet about this in another thread but it stated three rides were being worked on for this land.

I think the only way for the hub to be free and it could be very interesting for them, is to open up the hub for free a year before the official park opening, and use it as a preview center. It would allow for the guests who are there before it opens to see first hand how amazing the park can be and also be able to take pictures and create buzz online. The issue would be that they would have to have busses running to and from the north property to run this preview, but it could also serve as a practice run logistically for the bus service. Obviously this would also require the hub to be completed a year early, but if they plan for it to be open ahead of time it could be possible.

Reactions: ChrisFL
I'm not gonna deny I'm disappointed Trolls isn't part of phase 1 of this park...(I really would've loved the trippy pyschedelic music based land) and I know for Island of Adventures plans changed until they started actual vertical construction.

What are the chances things can get plussed even more so than they are now especially with 1/3 of NBCUniversal's budget going to the parks?

Random thoughts:

Is that a Wave Swinger just to the right of the carousel?
Maybe the carousel is Astrology/Constellation themed.
I wonder what is inside the glass dome thing in the hub? A Cirque-type show would be cool in there.
I hope the racing coaster is Hobbs & Shaw themed.
I hope there is a nice patio bar overlooking the water in the hub.

I'm not gonna deny I'm disappointed Trolls isn't part of phase 1 of this park...(I really would've loved the trippy pyschedelic music based land) and I know for Island of Adventures plans changed until they started actual vertical construction.

What are the chances things can get plussed even more so than they are now especially with 1/3 of NBCUniversal's budget going to the parks?
If we all hope and beg maybe Trolls can take over KidsZone. It’d be so great for USF.

Random thoughts:

Is that a Wave Swinger just to the right of the carousel?
Maybe the carousel is Astrology/Constellation themed.
I wonder what is inside the glass dome thing in the hub? A Cirque-type show would be cool in there.
I hope the racing coaster is Hobbs & Shaw themed.
I hope there is a nice patio bar overlooking the water in the hub.
The only idea I like is the last one. :cheers:

Maybe its an original restaurant/show involving some UC created IP involving space? I'm talking about G-bot, Princess Kosumia, and the sun fairies.

spacefantasybot.jpg

Last edited:
If there is a carousel it could be zodiac-themed. Also, it would be cool if they used drones to make constellations in the sky for a nighttime show.

Sorry for the double post. I wonder if Universal's plan is to take big franchises like Potter, Nintendo, and Dreamworks and split them up. With Potter/Wizarding World we have an area in each park, it forces guests if they want to have the full Wizarding World experience they have to go to all the parks. So let's say with Nintendo we get it in Epic Universe and then at Islands and Studios. Then let's say down the line we see the same thing with Dreamworks. Toon lagoon could be something like Trolls or something completely new. I honestly think Universal will want to keep the expansion space for new properties. That way if they ever do remove the parking lot on this plot of land then maybe we will see. A new country for Fantastic Beasts, and new movie represented by Dreamworks and then whatever is needed to continue Nintendo. That's already three lands for another park if they wanted to do that. I think at that point it could become over-saturated with those three franchises. But this splitting up of areas in a franchise isn't something Disney has really. Sure Toy Story has a presence in different parks. But Star Wars isn't going to get a new land in Animal Kingdom, Epcot, or the Magic Kingdom. If you want to do Star Wars all you have to do is buy a ticket to Hollywood Studios. If you want to do Potter you need a park to park ticket and eventually a longer amount of time to complete the full experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post. I wonder if Universal's plan is to take big franchises like Potter, Nintendo, and Dreamworks and split them up. With Potter/Wizarding World we have an area in each park, it forces guests if they want to have the full Wizarding World experience they have to go to all the parks. So let's say with Nintendo we get it in Epic Universe and then at Islands and Studios. Then let's say down the line we see the same thing with Dreamworks. Toon lagoon could be something like Trolls or something completely new. I honestly think Universal will want to keep the expansion space for new properties. That way if they ever do remove the parking lot on this plot of land then maybe we will see. A new country for Fantastic Beasts, and new movie represented by Dreamworks and then whatever is needed to continue Nintendo. That's already three lands for another park if they wanted to do that. I think at that point it could become over-saturated with those three franchises. But this splitting up of areas in a franchise isn't something Disney has really. Sure Toy Story has a presence in different parks. But Star Wars isn't going to get a new land in Animal Kingdom, Epcot, or the Magic Kingdom. If you want to do Star Wars all you have to do is buy a ticket to Hollywood Studios. If you want to do Potter you need a park to park ticket and eventually a longer amount of time to complete the full experience.
Dreamworks and Nintendo aren't 1 ip, they are companies with many ip's. I don't see how spreading out the different ip's within the brand will be a problem. The only difference is Potter that is 1 ip divided over 2 parks. The spin-off Fantastic Beast gets placed in another park and that is what Disney has done for many years. There is a Nemo ride in Epcot and a show in AK, Toy story has a ride in MK and a land in DHS, Mermaid has a ride in MK and a show in DHS, same for Beauty and the Beast and Muppets.

Reactions: RFRees
If we all hope and beg maybe Trolls can take over KidsZone. It’d be so great for USF.

I get the distinct feeling that Trolls is headed to KidsZone. If it does it HAS to have a highly themed boat ride. This IP is screaming to become Universals "Small World". I think that Trolls is probably the best IP left that has had next to nothing done with it other than roaming characters.

I get the distinct feeling that Trolls is headed to KidsZone. If it does it HAS to have a highly themed boat ride. This IP is screaming to become Universals "Small World". I think that Trolls is probably the best IP left that has had next to nothing done with it other than roaming characters.

I'd be happy with that, as long as they don't touch ET!!!

It's kind of strange we get an Epic Universe but no space themed ip.

That we know of yet ;)

Universal splits up Nintendo or DreamWorks is like saying Disney splits up Pixar or Disney Animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.