Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Scarela info
  • Creepshow
  • it'll be part series and movie
  • you'll enter through the comic, and it'll come to life
  • You'll first enter through the pages through a comic book, with some ads in there.
  • You'll then go through Fathers Day.
  • You'll enter through the Grantham house, with the grave
  • Comic book lighting will be used.
  • Have a "I got my cake" scare.
  • You'll go through The Crate
  • You'll go through the science classroom, with tons of blood.
  • He'll scare through the crate, similar to the bear scare in Krampus.
  • Charlie Gereson will be a scare
  • You'll then enter There Creeping Up On You
  • You'll go through Upson Pratts Penthouse Apartment, with the Oxygen Sensor beeping and roach invading
  • You'll see Pratt as a Live Preformer, with a Reverse Bear Trap style effect.
  • You'll then go through Grey Matter (2019) with a Apartment Living Room, Kitchen with mold, and the bathroom.
  • You'll then see Bad Wolf Down (2019) with french jail cells with possible werewolf
  • You'll then enter into the Epilogue, with the book in the trash and creeper scare

• Holidays In Hell
  • New years will have children murals.
  • Easter will have dummy bunnies in a photo op
  • Each holiday will have a "kid song" playing.
  • Halloween will be featured.
  • Thanksgiving will be like the famous thanksgiving painting.

• Scareactors
  • Fallen Angelz will have a chainsaw troop
  • Spirits And Demons From The East, with Chinese and Mongolian ghosts, samurai demons, dragon demon, and a four legged stilt walker woman.
  • Christmas In Hell will be a christmas tree lot, with Satan Claus, nutcracker stilt walker, and at the end Baby New Year.
  • Toxxxic Tunnel with new characters, Frankey and Drac Mechanics
  • All Hollows Evil with a Pagan Witch and Druid, Wendigo Scarecrow, The Green Man, and Wendigo

Scarela info
  • Creepshow
  • it'll be part series and movie
  • you'll enter through the comic, and it'll come to life
  • You'll first enter through the pages through a comic book, with some ads in there.
  • You'll then go through Fathers Day.
  • You'll enter through the Grantham house, with the grave
  • Comic book lighting will be used.
  • Have a "I got my cake" scare.
  • You'll go through The Crate
  • You'll go through the science classroom, with tons of blood.
  • He'll scare through the crate, similar to the bear scare in Krampus.
  • Charlie Gereson will be a scare
  • You'll then enter There Creeping Up On You
  • You'll go through Upson Pratts Penthouse Apartment, with the Oxygen Sensor beeping and roach invading
  • You'll see Pratt as a Live Preformer, with a Reverse Bear Trap style effect.
  • You'll then go through Grey Matter (2019) with a Apartment Living Room, Kitchen with mold, and the bathroom.
  • You'll then see Bad Wolf Down (2019) with french jail cells with possible werewolf
  • You'll then enter into the Epilogue, with the book in the trash and creeper scare

• Holidays In Hell
  • New years will have children murals.
  • Easter will have dummy bunnies in a photo op
  • Each holiday will have a "kid song" playing.
  • Halloween will be featured.
  • Thanksgiving will be like the famous thanksgiving painting.

• Scareactors
  • Fallen Angelz will have a chainsaw troop
  • Spirits And Demons From The East, with Chinese and Mongolian ghosts, samurai demons, dragon demon, and a four legged stilt walker woman.
  • Christmas In Hell will be a christmas tree lot, with Satan Claus, nutcracker stilt walker, and at the end Baby New Year.
  • Toxxxic Tunnel with new characters, Frankey and Drac Mechanics
  • All Hollows Evil with a Pagan Witch and Druid, Wendigo Scarecrow, The Green Man, and Wendigo

(psst your spoiler code got messed up.

I am definitely glad that Creepshow is going to have some stories from the original movie in it. This year continues to seem like it will be great. My current anticipation rankings for the announced mazes are:

1. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
2. Creepshow
3. Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man
4. Holidayz in Hell
5. Ghostbusters
6. Stranger Things

The lineup this year already has a lot of variety.

One more very interesting thing:

I was wondering why "Grey Matter" sounded familiar, so I looked it up and sure enough, it's actually an adaptation of a story from Stephen King's Night Shift! So that means that, in the same year, we got a WB property and a direct Stephen King adaptation!

That really bodes well for the future!

Reactions: Freak and hhnlover
One more very interesting thing:

I was wondering why "Grey Matter" sounded familiar, so I looked it up and sure enough, it's actually an adaptation of a story from Stephen King's Night Shift! So that means that, in the same year, we got a WB property and a direct Stephen King adaptation!

That really bodes well for the future!

"The Crate" story from the original is also a King story. So we have TWO direct Stephen King adaptions. :lol:

"The Crate" story from the original is also a King story. So we have TWO direct Stephen King adaptions. :lol:

Haha, I totally forgot about that! Though I don't think it was republished in print like "Grey Matter" was?

I wonder if they're lining Creepshow up as potential multi-year property. It's certainly got more than enough material to fluff out another maze if they keep up the "OG Movies - Shudder Series" dynamic. They could try to adapt the two remaining Creepshow sections ("Something to Tide you over" and "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill") and fill them up with some of the other TV series episodes like "Survivor Type" (based on another King short from Skeleton Crew!) or maybe they could adapt some episodes from the second movie, like "The Raft" or "The Hitchhiker”

They could also totally bring the entire OG movie next year to Orlando if it's a hit this year.

So now that that’s been announced can we please get Suspiria next year? Neon houses are my new favorite thing that can happen.

Anyways, no wonder we couldn’t figure out which version it was lmao; pleasantly surprised by the announcement and it’s not my least anticipated anymore. Guessing House of 1000 Corpses is up next and then Us after that.

Well for my most to least anticipated lineup as if right now:
- Ghostbusters
- Creepshow
- Frankenstien Meets The Wolfman
- Killer Klowns From Outer Space
- Stranger Things
- Holidays In Hell
- House Of 1000 Corpses
- Pandoras Box
- Us

Looking pretty good. Also betting HOTC is next for announcement.

Might be too early for anticipation lists but for now:

- Us
- Stranger Things 2 + 3
- House of 1000 Corpses
- Ghostbusters
- Holidayz in Hell
- Creepshow
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Pandora’s Box
- Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman

All in all I’m pretty excited! It’s weird to me how Metallica changing to Us made me change my whole perspective on the lineup.

Alright, since it's the thing to do, I'm busting out my anticipation list too:

(Most to least anticipated)
Creepshow
Ghostbusters
Killer Klowns
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man
Holidayz in Hell
Us
Pandora's Box
House of a Thousand Corpses
Stranger Things

Reactions: cdogsumo
Jumping on the bandwagon, from most to least anticipated:

(I'm excited for all of them, really)

Ghostbusters
Creepshow
Holidayz in Hell
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Stranger Things
Us
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman
Pandora's Box (need to know more about it)
House of 1000 Corpses

Creepshow started toward the bottom of my list but quickly shot up after hearing everything from today. I can't wait to see the comic book look come to life. With that said, I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to roaches so this is really going to be the first maze that worries me on an emotional level. It's all part of the experience, I guess.

Here’s my ranking.(most to least)
House of 1000 Corpses
Ghostbusters
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Creepshow
Holidayz In Hell
Stranger Things
Frankenstein meets the wolf man
Us

I left out Pandora’s Box because I want to know more about it first.

Not sure if this will be my final list because idk, maybe there will be some stuff in the official announcements that change my level of interest, but on existing speculation:

1. Us
2. Creepshow
3. Stranger Things
4. UCM
5. Killer Klownz
6. Ghostbusters
7. HO1C
8. Holidayz
9. Pandora’s Box