Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I have never found Touring Plans to be particularly accurate in their predictions, for both Uni and Disney.
This isn't the TP 'predictions' though. These are the posted wait times that they (TP) use from the Universal app. And then TP weighs that against actual wait times sent in by posters in line. So, at the very least, they're indicative of the wait times posted at the park, which generally may be a bit over inflated. And at the best, reflective of what actual people in line are experiencing. So, while not completely accurate, they're the best indicators we have available to us. As a broad indicator, they would be reflective of trends to a large degree.

This isn't the TP 'predictions' though. These are the posted wait times that they (TP) use from the Universal app. And then TP weighs that against actual wait times sent in by posters in line. So, at the very least, they're indicative of the wait times posted at the park, which generally may be a bit over inflated. And at the best, reflective of what actual people in line are experiencing. So, while not completely accurate, they're the best indicators we have available to us. As a broad indicator, they would be reflective of trends to a large degree.
It depends how many people they have actually reporting the wait times in line and how accurate those people are remembering their waits. If they had actual employees on the ground doing research I might be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I have never found their crowd calendar or any predictions very accurate.

It depends how many people they have actually reporting the wait times in line and how accurate those people are remembering their waits. If they had actual employees on the ground doing research I might be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I have never found their crowd calendar or any predictions very accurate.

Disclaimer: I'm a blogger for Touring Plans.

They do have people on the ground recording wait times frequently. Just as with a dining reviews they keep them secret as not to impact the results.

Disclaimer: I'm a blogger for Touring Plans.

They do have people on the ground recording wait times frequently. Just as with a dining reviews they keep them secret as not to impact the results.
I admittedly don't visit TP much anymore. They used to throw in some Uni stuff every once in a while, now they seem to be all Disney all the time for the most part.
It's been years since I've been and a few more until I return. Guess you're not a fan of Josh, LOL?

Rode again this morning. Decided to do some other rides first then head to Hagrid’s. (Yesterday the line was shorter at about 1100 than it was at rope drop so did other rides first. Did Spider-Man, Kong, FJ then on to Hagrids at 1027. The line was not outside the ride entrance at that time and the posted wait was 210. We got off at 1245 so it was a bit longer even tho the line was shorter. Got to do the motorcycle side today- just amazing! We did see the ride down (no motorcycles running) at least three times this morning vs only once yesterday). Single rider was open this am but the cm said it saved only about 10 minutes so my son and I decided to just stick together in the regular line. We ran into a young lady who said she rode it last night when it was dark, and the line then was 3 hours and well worth the wait. Taking a break now but will try again later if the line doesn’t look too bad.

Got in line by sinbad around 8:45AM
We go to the main entrance of ride by 9:11 with 210min wait posted. There was a delay of maybe half hour or so.
Despite constant drizzling got off ride at 11:44AM with no further delays! :)
The ride was great!

Hey guys. Do you think arriving at IOA by 7:30 (staying on Universal property) will be early enough to avoid massive wait times? Also do the crowds run as soon as they are let in. This happened to me a few years back when riding Gringotts. We arrived early and entered at 8:00 am but so many people ran ahead. I had small children at the time so I couldn't keep up. It really pissed me off. Hopefully this doesn't happen anymore.

Hey guys. Do you think arriving at IOA by 7:30 (staying on Universal property) will be early enough to avoid massive wait times? Also do the crowds run as soon as they are let in. This happened to me a few years back when riding Gringotts. We arrived early and entered at 8:00 am but so many people ran ahead. I had small children at the time so I couldn't keep up. It really pissed me off. Hopefully this doesn't happen anymore.

I've read reports that some people do run ahead but not everyone.

From some feedback I've read that as long as you do a brisk walk forward once let though you won't fall behind too far, and as long as the ride opens on time and doesn't shut down/have issues during that first group of people who rope dropped, you should be off by 10am.

If you read up a few pages you'll see my 3 rope-drop reports from a couple weeks ago. 7:45 is the sweet spot, so 7:30 will be better. Get in a line on the left because they open another one over there last minute and you can shift over. Walk fast, DO NOT RUN, and you'll be out by 9:30.

Standing in front of the entrance.. anyone in there that can see if there is still a long line waiting in que area?