Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 470 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Back to HHN, I saw that the Hollywood guys are listing there most anticipated houses. What about over on the East?

Mine are:
Ho1C
Classic Monsters
Klowns
Stranger Things
Depths of Fear
Ghostbusters
Us
Graveyard
Nightingales
Yeti

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Back to HHN, I saw that the Hollywood guys are listing there most anticipated houses. What about over on the East?

I'm personally waiting till all the houses are announced before doing that. After all there's always a chance you might read some info or something in the announcement that might change your mind on how you feel about it.

A great example is Depths of Fear. Before it was announced a lot of people (including myself) were thinking it was gonna' be some sweet creature house. However once it was announced it was revealed it's more focused on the crazed and infected miners, which can certainly alter ones opinion for it.

Not to mention, the anticipated house list thread always happens once everything is revealed, and that'll be within the next week or two.

1. Yeti
2. Klowns
3. Stranger Things
4. Ghostbusters
5. Graveyard
6. HoTC
7. Us
8. Classic Monsters
9. Depths of Fear
10. Nightingales

This year has a lot of stuff I’ve wanted for awhile. An underwater house, Swamp Yeti house, Killer Klowns, and Us are all big draws for me. I’m trying to keep expectations in check though, nothing worse than disappointing yourself lol.

My anticipation list is fairly simple. Originals come first because I don't know what to expect and then it's pretty much IP preference after that:

1. Yeti
2. Depths
3. Graveyard
4. Nightingales
5. Ghostbusters
6. Classic Monsters
7. Stranger Things
8. Us
9. Corpses
10. Klowns

Mine are:
Ho1C
Classic Monsters
Klowns
Stranger Things
Depths of Fear
Ghostbusters
Us
Graveyard
Nightingales
Yeti
That's my list, except GB and Us both jump over Graveyard, in that order. None of the originals grab me as yet. That may change.

1. Klownz (white whale, I think it will be a huge surprise)
2. Ghostbusters (Same as one)
3. Yeti
4. Depths
5. Monsters
6. Nightingales
7. Stranger Things (I love Stranger Things and expect it to be awesome, but not surprising)

Do we think that pulsing is going to become a permanent fixture this year or will they choose not to go in that direction due to, what will probably again be, record-breaking crowds?

I feel very confident in my #1-3 and #9-10. #4-8 is basically a tie.

#10--Stranger Things (I'm a fan of the show, so maybe it's just the gatekeeping HHN purist in me, or maybe the hipster in me, IDK--I enjoyed the house last year but the more I think about this year's house, the more resentment I feel for some reason? I have Klownz and Ghostbusters higher sooooo who knows.)

#9--Us (I liked the movie--a breath of fresh air in the current movie doldrums of these godawful Disney remakes--but without a stellar cast I expect it to be bland and forgettable.)

#8--Ghost in the Graveyard (This is kinda by default. Until they release the description of it I still have very little idea of what this is about. After the announcement this will probably move up but until I know a bit more it can't be any higher than 8.)

#7--Universal Monsters (Look, I like the Monsters as much as anyone, I just can't stand the fact that this isn't being saved for next year. Will automatically make any appearance of them at 30 feel...not as epic as it should be. I get that this is a REALLY petty reason to have it this low, and especially if it's as good as Hollywood's we probs are in for a real treat, but that's just how I feel.)

#6--Killer Klownz (The only reason it isn't higher is because yeah, it's a bit too much comedy when we already have Ghostbusters. But I still love the property.)

#5--House of 1000 Corpses (Not much to say here, except that this should be a very gory, R-rated house.)

#4--Yeti (Even if it won't be cold I always like winter-themed houses. Happy they're playing it straight here.)

#3--Ghostbusters (If the proclamations about "white whale" and "most technological house ever" are correct, we're in for a treat. I am absolutely convinced this gets HoTY.)

#2--Depths of Fear (I've posted ad nauseam why I find this to be such a scary theme. No need to hammer it further.)

#1--Nightingales (C'mon, a Nightingales sequel has been at the top of my wishlist for a while now. How could I have anything else at the top?)

Last edited:
Since everyone is sharing:

1.Ghostbusters
2.Monsters
3.Stranger Things
4.Killer Klowns
5.Us
6.Yeti
7.Ho1c
8. Bloodpit
9. Graveyard
10. Depths

Tbh, im excited for basically everything they announced. My top 6 are essentially all #1, 7-10, im sure ill end up liking 1 or two much more than one in my top 6, but those are the "secondary targets" as my day planning goes, until i go.

Speaking of pulsing, has anyone else heard any rumblings one way or another about a Premium Night? I’m not expecting anything at this point, but I figured it was worth bringing up again.

I figured I'd throw my most anticipated list in as well :)
1. Killer Klowns (a favorite I've been hoping for for years)
2. Ghostbusters
3. Monsters
4. Yeti
5. Stranger Things
6. Graveyard
7. Us
8. H01C
9. Blood Pit
10. Depths
The last three aren't really in a specific order, as they just don't fit my personal preferences as far as what I've heard so far about them. My husband is very excited for HO1C though.

Speaking of pulsing, has anyone else heard any rumblings one way or another about a Premium Night? I’m not expecting anything at this point, but I figured it was worth bringing up again.

I'm wondering if they're going to make a "fan's night" like USH for 30. I know that they're vastly different events, but USH might be the guinea pig this year.

Reactions: Horror Lover
1. Ghostbusters
2. Stranger Things
3. Monsters
4. Klowns
5. Us
6. Yeti
7. Depths
8. Nightingales
9.Graveyard
10. HO1C

This will obviously change as the event goes on and I have seen everything. Just realized that my Top 5 are IP's. There is just an incredible selection of intellectual properties this year. HO1C is at the bottom because it just sounds gross to me (over-the-top gore isn't my preferred type of horror). Excited to feel out the tone of the originals and see how that will affect my eventual rankings. :)