Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott’s Scary Farm 2019

Okay so here is what's going on: if you watch the video that I posted yesterday go down to the comments and you will see that there are a whole bunch of comments debating whether or not this is true (the new mazes). today I started having doubts myself when some other person told me some interesting things and said that this video is wrong. So the person who made the original video has posted a follow-up. This video actually makes things even more confusing and making me less and more convinced at the same time... just watch it for yourself. Tell me your thoughts, I'll say mine once there's some more comments on here.

Okay so here is what's going on: if you watch the video that I posted yesterday go down to the comments and you will see that there are a whole bunch of comments debating whether or not this is true (the new mazes). today I started having doubts myself when some other person told me some interesting things and said that this video is wrong. So the person who made the original video has posted a follow-up. This video actually makes things even more confusing and making me less and more convinced at the same time... just watch it for yourself. Tell me your thoughts, I'll say mine once there's some more comments on here.

This video is hard to sit through. I’m confused why they would do asylum after the 2016 outrage. It wasn’t just California news, everyone heard about the situation. Just a really strange choice

What outrage?

If I'm correct, Knott's did a VR room in 2016 involving an asylum scenario and it got flack for demonizing the mentally ill I believe.

It's also believed to be a reason why HHN didn't do AHS Asylum in 2017, but that's more speculation than anything.

If I'm correct, Knott's did a VR room in 2016 involving an asylum scenario and it got flack for demonizing the mentally ill I believe.

It's also believed to be a reason why HHN didn't do AHS Asylum in 2017, but that's more speculation than anything.

Yeah, I think this is what they are talking about. Some people got upset at the storyline, it made the news and Cedar Fair pulled it.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that

Yeah, I think this is what they are talking about. Some people got upset at the storyline, it made the news and Cedar Fair pulled it.
Honestly I thought that was really stupid that those people got the experience shut down. I don't understand why they targeted Knotts, those types of things come out all the time! Knotts should not have had to take that experience down, they only did it because they didn't want to get sued which is reasonable but still...

Honestly I thought that was really stupid that those people got the experience shut down. I don't understand why they targeted Knotts, those types of things come out all the time! Knotts should not have had to take that experience down, they only did it because they didn't want to get sued which is reasonable but still...

It was a few years ago now, but if I recall correctly they were upset about the mental health aspect like ChaseTuff mentioned. The first issue was the name being Fear VR 5150 which was changed to Fear VR by the time it opened. Then there was another complaint about the content and I think at that point Cedar Fair just decided to pull it entirely.

From what I had heard though, the story of the experience was about a possessed person/ghost and it just took place in an abandoned hospital. I could be wrong because I never got to actually try it.

My fiancee, two of our friends, and I went the second night that year, and were able to try the VR experience. Honestly if it wasn't for the title 5150, they could've easily passed it off as a hospital-type attraction, as literally the entire experience, from the waiting room, the story, staff uniforms, and the VR room and experience felt more like a traditional hospital setting with a supernatural patient going berserk.

heye guys, just wanted to say I'm starting making youtube videos again on a series called "Entertainment Everything" recover and update on Everything Entertainment from theme Parks, to Haunts, to musicals, to movies. My first episode is on Monday and it's about Knott's Scary Farm, hope you guys can check it out and hope you guys will be able to support me!

I am hoping this is going to be a strong year for Scary Farm. They are definitely the most consistent SoCal haunt and a lot of that is because they reuse mazes each year. I have been going since 2015; and 2016 or 2017 was probably the strongest year. I was a little let down by 2018 since I wasn't a huge fan of either of the new mazes. They were both just okay IMO. I'm hoping that I will like the new mazes for this year more. My favorite Scary Farm maze is definitely Dark Ride. It is the perfect theme for me and they executed it wonderfully. I will be sad once that maze is eventually retired. Hopefully it has another good year. I used to love Shadow Lands, but it was much weaker in 2018 than it was in 2016 or 2017.