Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter about game changers, it's cheaper now to have sensor pucks in the ground and have tackles vehicles than building a traditional rail ride system. It just is.
The trouble comes from how, where, and when to charge the vehicles. Sometimes a good 'ol busbar is still preferred, just to have that juice flowing into the RV constantly. Depends on the application of course.

vehicles don't get "lost" on busbar systems either. I don't know how often that happens on the newer rides, but something that is still possible.

Hey Brian G, before you were asking what kind of discussion threads to add. Is it possible for you to create threads that focus specifically on the rumored lands like Nintendo, how to train your dragon, fantastic beasts, and monsters? Because I think that would be great so we can discuss what we want in each individual land.

I’m gonna speculate that UEU is gonna cost between $5-6 billion to build. Do you guys think that is about right ?

I’m gonna speculate that UEU is gonna cost between $5-6 billion to build. Do you guys think that is about right ?
I think it would cost Disney that much to build.

Universal gets things done cheaper.

I don’t think we’re getting much more than what the concept art shows. I think they’ll only be 1 hotel. I’m not entirely convinced we’ll get CityWalk 2 immediately on Day 1.

I’m gonna guess $2-3B, mostly depending on site prep costs and how much future expansion they’re willing to front load (building another giant set of parking garages vs. smaller garages and expanding later)

Hey Brian G, before you were asking what kind of discussion threads to add. Is it possible for you to create threads that focus specifically on the rumored lands like Nintendo, how to train your dragon, fantastic beasts, and monsters? Because I think that would be great so we can discuss what we want in each individual land.

That falls under this thread. When lands get confirmed, they will then get their own respective thread.

I don’t think we’re getting much more than what the concept art shows. I think they’ll only be 1 hotel. I’m not entirely convinced we’ll get CityWalk 2 immediately on Day 1.

I’m gonna guess $2-3B, mostly depending on site prep costs and how much future expansion they’re willing to front load (building another giant set of parking garages vs. smaller garages and expanding later)

I'm also going on the high side for this park....mainly because the only cloned land seems to be the Mario portion of Nintendoland. And yes Universal can do things cheaper but at the same time with a Disney level spending budget, more small things will be allowed to stay which will give the park that edge since Comcast is making this such a huge deal. Also biggest thing, the park has to not be like HMA or VB with super long lines leading to negative articles so they will likely spend more to prevent that.

Your probably right about that but I would at least say $4 billion. Considering Hagrids supposedly cost $300 million to build Uni is fast approaching Disney level spending.
I'm also going on the high side for this park....mainly because the only cloned land seems to be the Mario portion of Nintendoland. And yes Universal can do things cheaper but at the same time with a Disney level spending budget, more small things will be allowed to stay which will give the park that edge since Comcast is making this such a huge deal. Also biggest thing, the park has to not be like HMA or VB with super long lines leading to negative articles so they will likely spend more to prevent that.
I agree with you especially with them saying this is going to be one of the largest investments they have made in Central Florida it makes no sense to lowball this project just because it’s Universal.

Cost is an interesting question. Are we factoring the build out of the entire property as part of this project, back of house offices, warehouses etc? I think it should be included.

Where are the 14000 new employees going to park BTW? Yikes.

I still can't figure out if that Arena is connected to Monsters or if its stand alone. If its stand alone, it could be Water World or it could be One Piece if for the theme park. If not, maybe its a concert venue for this park since no big stage it seems in the hub.

Just wanted to say that the reason trackless rides feel underwhelming is because Universal hasn't used them to their full potential. So far, they've really only been used for ride systems that disguise the trackless aspect and could've been done with a track. Trackless ride vehicles offer the ability for vehicles to cross paths and move in all directions, which could be incredible if used right.

Since this is the speculation thread and this is the first post 9/11 full park build .(as far as I know)Do you think the security check area will be indoors and Air conditioned ?
I would think this would be in the design not an add on like current Area on North Campus.

My initial estimate for the whole area would be $4-5 billion, broken down as:
$1 billion for site work, infrastructure, roads, backstage, and parking
$1 billion for entrance, hub, dueling coaster, and hotel
4 lands at $500 million each
plus any underestimation and cost overruns

My initial estimate for the whole area would be $4-5 billion, broken down as:
$1 billion for site work, infrastructure, roads, backstage, and parking
$1 billion for entrance, hub, dueling coaster, and hotel
4 lands at $500 million each
plus any underestimation and cost overruns
That’s a decent estimate.

Since this is the speculation thread and this is the first post 9/11 full park build .(as far as I know)Do you think the security check area will be indoors and Air conditioned ?
I would think this would be in the design not an add on like current Area on North Campus.

I don’t think security will be different than current. They’ve redone security at multiple locations at other parks (AK, international gateway, etc) and could’ve changed it up and they haven’t. And Disney is certainly the bigger target with the bigger budget.

I’m actually more interested in the in-park hotel in a post-Vegas shooting full park build.
No balconies and bulletproof glass possibly? Wouldn’t be bad for sound proofing as an added plus.

do these estimates include what has already been spent on I4,Kirkman,Uni Blvd,and Sand Lake rd interchange/
Universal isn't paying for any I4 or Universal Blvd improvements and hasn't yet spent anything on Kirkman or the Sand Lake Road interchange, but I was including their commitment to the Kirkman/Sand Lake project in my rough estimate.

The one thing I didn't include is the land acquisition costs from the last few years.

I don’t think security will be different than current. They’ve redone security at multiple locations at other parks (AK, international gateway, etc) and could’ve changed it up and they haven’t. And Disney is certainly the bigger target with the bigger budget.

I’m actually more interested in the in-park hotel in a post-Vegas shooting full park build.
No balconies and bulletproof glass possibly? Wouldn’t be bad for sound proofing as an added plus.

Wouldn't it be nice to have those things not be an issue :(

Kong, Furious, Ratatouille, Antarctica, and GMR/ToT if you want to call those trackless-esque

Kong and Furious being trackless doesn't really add to the experience....similar could be said for GMR/ToT.

Ratatouille and Antarctica (neither I've been on yet) are more about the benefit, where each ride car can do their own thing, and also provide a different experience if you ride a different car each time.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Mystic Manor (and from what I've seen, Symbolica at Efteling) are the top ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.