Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that makes it sound even worse.

I just don't see a way to make a Smash Bros (or a Pokemon battle show for that matter) to not be super boring.

Who said it would be worse? You could have some practical effects to surround the screens (like spits of water at the audience, temperature and wind effects, maybe seats move when an elemental move is used, fire blasts) and use the augmented reality glasses from Mario Kart to do the rest.

If you had to make a show for the Mushroom Kingdom, I think this could possibly be the most entertaining way to go. Beats the heck out of the Feivel Goes West show at USF in 1993.

And as I said on the podcast, rather than just screens, but projection mapping like Dreamworks theater and some changing setpieces like Runaway Railway could make it look like the stages not only change between matches, but also, they could follow the fight and zoom in/out and keep focus on characters while our view seemingly change. Could be pretty trippy.

I personally don't mind screens assisting with a show, but I'd want practical effects, animatronics, and possibly actors. I see this working for Pokemon...like Ash being an actor, Pikachu / other Pokemon being animatronics, but the Pokemon stadium being sets+screens.

If you had to make a show for the Mushroom Kingdom, I think this could possibly be the most entertaining way to go. Beats the heck out of the Feivel Goes West show at USF in 1993.

And as I said on the podcast, rather than just screens, but projection mapping like Dreamworks theater and some changing setpieces like Runaway Railway could make it look like the stages not only change between matches, but also, they could follow the fight and zoom in/out and keep focus on characters while our view seemingly change. Could be pretty trippy.
As in 'bad acid trip' . :lol:

No, that's still reserved for ET Adventure's second half.
Not to get too far off topic, but I always imagined that trip was due to this guy:

E.T.-Mushroom.png

If Nintendo really does have an expansion in the cards at this time, is there any chance that if, in the case of Super Nintendo World Japan/Hollywood being super popular, the expansion would be moved up to open with the park on opening day?

If Nintendo really does have an expansion in the cards at this time, is there any chance that if, in the case of Super Nintendo World Japan/Hollywood being super popular, the expansion would be moved up to open with the park on opening day?

I was thinking almost exactly the same thing!

I would imagine we might get some 'plussing' to SNW if that happens. I don't think it will mean Zelda / Pokemon though as they would be better saved for the exisiting parks.

If the plot of land is as big as it seems, they're definitely not saving both of them for existing parks.

Good point, I wonder what is most likely if expansion/additions do get approved.

I'd also bet that they have multiple ride concepts lined up for Nintendo just like with Potter, all planned and designed and just waiting for signoff.

This probably depends on how easy it will be for them to clone Mario Kart and the entire SNW including rumored Smash Bros, Yoshi, and DK. So idk. I really think that its just a lot for them to get done in 4 years (if true) and to add another land would be a lot. I think its more likely we see Zelda or Pokemon in one of the existing parks come 2024.

This probably depends on how easy it will be for them to clone Mario Kart and the entire SNW including rumored Smash Bros, Yoshi, and DK. So idk. I really think that its just a lot for them to get done in 4 years (if true) and to add another land would be a lot. I think its more likely we see Zelda or Pokemon in one of the existing parks come 2024.

Classic Monsters could be put on the back-burner if SNW is extremely successful. They'd want to capitalize on a hot IP.

I think people need to remember why expansions are built. To draw more people. I don’t think they would expand Nintendo before opening. Why waste your (theoretically) sure fire attendance boost and a large portion of your expansion area before the park opens.

Any subsequent Nintendo additions than what we see in the art will almost certainly come after this park opens

Status
Not open for further replies.